BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Citeh

Paul

• Backroom

I take back my first comment, that was posted in anger. The team shouldn't 'hang their heads in shame' as they worked hard and seemed to try the hardest ... HOWEVER, it's time to realise our squad is not good enough for this league. We throw away points for fun... we should have gotten 9 points out of 9, and with a slightly better squad would have, but now we sit here with 5 from 9. Emerton must go back to RB, we MUST get a new central midfielder in, and replace the space on the left that calls itself MGP. We need new strikers, too. Obviously, we don't have the money for that, so, 2 new midfielders (a right winger and central midfielder) will suffice, with a striker also needed.

You can only be unlucky so often before it becomes apparent that 'bad luck' is actually just a team that isn't quite good enough.

Gutted for not only myself and the club, and the lads on the pitch, who honestly did look devastated.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah they are the same players Ince had and the same mistakes cost us today. I'm not saying that Ince wasn't to blame for our results but he wasn't 100% to blame. Today is proof that the players are making mistakes which have cost us valuable points.

I awlays expect Oojier to make mistakes, did you see Man U game, he was shocking

So it's not his fault he makes mistakes, we signed him, if you played you would make mistakes, would not be your fault, the manager plays you, you just do your best, really you and Oojier should not be playing

but we need a replacement first

Yes it was shameful. We flushed a vital win down the toilet. There is nothing even vaguely positive about that. Perhaps you should grasp that concept.

Shameful?

Three games unbeaten.

5 points from 9 games.

Played better in that first 85 minutes than we have all season.

Remind me again how many points did we get under Ince in the previous 6 games? Six LOSSES straight. We are moving in the right direction, have faith.

Lets not all self combust.

For most of the game Citeh were outplayed,we played well. We drew because when Derbyshire was passed the ball on the right instead of drawing defenders into the corner for a minute and then kicking it off them he centered into the goalies hands giving him a quick goal kick which created the goal. Everyone has to learn to SHUT UP SHOP in injury time.

Bottom line instead of getting stuffed we played like the old Rovers,and Citeh with their gazillions of quid were F******* Lucky. Thats a better place to be than we were three games ago. Both of our strikers scored and look hungry.

If you dont believe me read the post from the first 65 minutes. I feel sick as anyone but we can build on this. If we played like C*** there would be no hope.

Thanx for cheering me up a bit, mate. Still tears in my eyes, tho

Today was not shameful, get a grip!

No, not the peformance, but the result was. 2-0 in the 87th minute should equal 3 points...

Absolutely gutted!

Really hope that the last two matches does not come back to haunt us.

As ###### as I'm feeling right now, I do feel that we have what it takes to get ourselves out of the relagation battle. Ince is the reason we're in this mess but he's yesterday's news. Forget about that muppet and lets look forward to 2009.

We finally look like a decent premireship outfit again. I for one am glad to be able to wear my Rovers kit with pride to work on a Monday morning.

BFS has a massive task ahead of him but we WILL make it out of this.

I cant believe the negative of people on this board.... the utter @#/? spouted sayin how Roberts was so bloody rubbish.. and shouldn't be anywhere near a Rovers team..... he was brilliant today... we were just got unlucky .....for 80 minutes were the far better team... gutted but proud ... come on you blues

Absolutely gutted!

Really hope that the last two matches does not come back to haunt us.

As ###### as I'm feeling right now, I do feel that we have what it takes to get ourselves out of the relagation battle. Ince is the reason we're in this mess but he's yesterday's news. Forget about that muppet and lets look forward to 2009.

We finally look like a decent premireship outfit again. I for one am glad to be able to wear my Rovers kit with pride to work on a Monday morning.

BFS has a massive task ahead of him but we WILL make it out of this.

your full blackburn kit, your look stupid, just don't wear shinpads

From what I saw today we played the best we have all season, didn't get beat and are looking like a team,

we can get out of this

Totally agree.

The result could and should have been better but the most important thing was the way we played. It's encouraging to know that despite being in the relegation zone, we still have the fight and belief to get out of it. We're only a few points from mid-table.

Fair play to City. They battered our defence towards the end and we held out until a small mistake cost us. We'll learn from that and we'll bounce back stronger.

Jesus christ we've been mugged good and proper with this one!

A good performance and we deserved the win.......I'm starting to think the god's are against us this season folks what ever we do.

Totally gutted :(

think of the West Brom game, it happens, whats important is we looked pretty good (expect Oojier)

Ok, I am really gutted because we should not have thrown the lead away. There should not have been four minutes of injury time (where did they come from), and Andre should not have headed across the box, or left Robinho on his own. They are the faults.

However, as a whole I am pleased with the way we played. When Tugay came off and Moko came on, then the problems started.

Although I am gutted, because we were 2-0 up, I would have taken a draw at the start, and we are in a far better position than a couple of weeks ago. Depending on other results, we are one win off being out of the relegation zone. The performance before Tugay went off gives me much hope for our season. If we buy early in the transfer window then I think we have a good chance of safety.

I just hope Man U play better than they have been doing and beat Boro tomorrow.

I am glad Roberts scored, should be good for his confidence.

Do not be kidded that Fulham away will be easy- I watched the Chelsea game today and they are a superbly organised strong team against whom we will do very well to avoid a defeat.

And yes, it is 100% Ince the Dunce's fault- it was an horrific error of judgement to let that steaming pile of excrement anywhere near our club.

Lets put it this way, we will compete for the rest of the season. On that basis are we good enough to pick up 7-8 wins out of 18? Id think so, we need results quick and fast.

Had we been on 20 points things wouldve been so much rosier! :(

Fulham, Bolton, Newcastle and Boro I believe are the next 4. All winnable, but we need 9 points at least, with avoiding defeat in the first one a MUST.

To the guy who says our squad is not good enough for the premier league,dont talk ######. The same squad that finished 7th last season, and for 85 mins played much better than City. We were diabolical under Ince, 0 points out of a possible 18. We have now kept 2 clean sheets, are unbeaten in 3 and playing very well. Im sure the mood on here would have been better,had we won with hardly any negative comments. Thats understandable,but the game is done and we move on to Fulham where 3 points is a big possibility. Im disappointed, but having seen Spurs,Newcastle,Stoke,all lose the gap between us and those above are still very much close.

it feels like a defeat, but i would have definatly taken 5 points from 3 games after a run of 6 defeats. we are heading in the right direction where as the likes of bolton, newcastle, stoke and boro are moving in the wrong direction.

there is a good chance that fulham will have lost their best two players by the time we play them.

i would definatly get emerton back to right back as soon as we can.

4 points thrown away in the last minutes of 2 games in 2 days!

Just so sick, another bitter pill to swallow!

Positives where Roberts, after the slating I gave him after Sunderland, he played well today. Unbeaten in 3 games and for 80 minutes we were excellent today.

Negatives are concentration lapses and mistakes. Always going to be punished at this level!

think of the West Brom game, it happens, whats important is we looked pretty good (expect Oojier)

Its a results business chris and despite much improved performances we are still not taking enough points from teams around us.

Sam's doing a sterling job in my opinion, our side looks much better but by christ today is hard to swallow.

A good run of consecutive wins is the only way we will pull away from the bottom as the problem is everyone is beating everyone else.

Things would have been different if Roberts' miss against Sunderland had been earlier in the game, and if we were 2-0 down today and we had been the ones to come back and draw. It's the manner of the lost points that gets to me more. I would have taken a draw against Sunderland and I had a feeling we would lose today, so really I should be happy.

• Backroom
To the guy who says our squad is not good enough for the premier league,dont talk ######. The same squad that finished 7th last season, and for 85 mins played much better than City. We were diabolical under Ince, 0 points out of a possible 18. We have now kept 2 clean sheets, are unbeaten in 3 and playing very well. Im sure the mood on here would have been better,had we won with hardly any negative comments. Thats understandable,but the game is done and we move on to Fulham where 3 points is a big possibility. Im disappointed, but having seen Spurs,Newcastle,Stoke,all lose the gap between us and those above are still very much close.

I wouldn't suggest we played 85 minutes BETTER than City, but we did match them. If we had won I still was planning to point out our lack of creativity in midfield, and our decision to adopt a 'hoof the ball up the pitch and watch City attack again' tactic which wasn't working and against more incisive teams might have cost us quicker. However, I would have been satisfied, until we capitulated in the 85th minute, and was also going to point out our heart, fight and quick closing down and harrying which worked really well for long periods of the game.

Results show our team as it stands aren't good enough, and as soon as we brought on The Axe I said to a friend (in a half joking way) "there goes our 3 points". I felt like Paul Ince must have after his "not yet" blunder, except it's not my fault Mokoena came on the pitch.

A couple of players of better quality will get us out of this, and ultimately, we won't go down, provided Sam is given adequete funds to address a few key areas of our squad that are too weak for the league at present.

Archived