BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Citeh

Paul

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there anyone here who thinks we will get relegated?

I think West Brom will go down, I think Stoke will go down, and I think the third relegation place will be between us, Boro, Sunderland and Portsmouth. We've got some tough away games in the second half of the season but some very winnable home games too. 60/40 we'll stay up?

Gutted with the result but the most important thing for me is now we are only 2 points away from safety, compared to 2 weeks ago when it was 5! Things are improving and we are keeping the points tally ticking along which is good. Hopefully, a win at Blyth and a draw and 2 wins VS Sam's previos two clubs will make a happy start to the new year!

Is there anyone here who thinks we will get relegated?

I do not and have never felt Rovers would be relegated. Though was concerned because of Ince - but did believe that the board would give Ince the chance to turn things around, then sack him if he couldn't. A lot now depends on who Sam signs during this window and how fast he can get the new palyers playing in the team and as a team. To leave the most expensive player in the prem unmarked in the last minute of a game that your winning 2.1, in serious need of the points, is though a complete mystery - I'm being kind.

But Rovers will stay up, they will win the next two league games.

There's a bloody good chance we could go down, yeah!

Ince stayed at least 3 games too long, it was clear after the Pompey game he didn't have it.

Despite 2 clean sheets in 3 and 5 points, we are still in massive danger of relegation.

We now have to defy the probabilities of history Bryan.

Dont see why we cant upset the odds of history, looks like a good challenge to have.

I think West Brom will go down, I think Stoke will go down, and I think the third relegation place will be between us, Boro, Sunderland and Portsmouth. We've got some tough away games in the second half of the season but some very winnable home games too. 60/40 we'll stay up?

Personally think WBA and Stoke will struggle to get past 35 points. Also think Sunderland will struggle, we were unlucky to not beat them and we are no great shakes plus they got hammered today - their new manager bubble has burst already. They have missed the opportunity to bring in a big name manager and I can't see the Sbragia guy attracting any quality signings in Jan. Can't rule out Hull dropping like a stone or even Spurs continuing to implode now the 'Arry bounce has warn off, Boro are having a shocking run. If we can pick up steady points between now an April we have a decent 6 game run in against teams at the mid to bottom (Chelski excluded!) - it should be in our own hands.

Appiah for the midfield would be an inspired Allardyce kind of player!!!!

We can do it, but it's not exactly a comfortable position to be in. I'd rather be sitting pretty in mid-table.

Looking at oddschecker, Stoke and Bromwich are clear faves to go, the Rovers are roughly 3/1 in a crowded market.

Personally I hope it's Stoke, Bromwich and Pompey Can't stand Pompey (or Tony Adams ..)

We can do it, but it's not exactly a comfortable position to be in. I'd rather be sitting pretty in mid-table.

Looking at oddschecker, Stoke and Bromwich are clear faves to go, the Rovers are roughly 3/1 in a crowded market.

Personally I hope it's Stoke, Bromwich and Pompey Can't stand Pompey (or Tony Adams ..)

I'd love us to stay up at Pompey's expense after Adams brainless comments.

Guest Kamy100

It is going to be touch and go as to who survives. We just need to pick up points on a consistent basis and gradually work our way out of trouble. I have faith that everyone is now pulling in the same direction and we have a manager who knows what he is doing.

• Backroom

If the work ethic continues like it was today, and we get a few decent signings in Jan, I think we will stay up. A lot depends on who we buy in January, and if the players remain as committed under Allardyce as they have been thus far.

**** the table and **** the market.

Two freak results have us four points short of mid-lower table - which is where we should be since Sam took over. The Roberts miss on Friday and today's capitulation.

It's so close this season that making statements of impending doom or placing bets either way is ridiculous.

It's perfectly possible that we'll play 15 more games and still be in the relegation zone in mid-April. And then rescue it with the last 3 games.

Time for calm heads, solid support, and a break from the relentless prophets of doom.

If the work ethic continues like it was today, and we get a few decent signings in Jan, I think we will stay up. A lot depends on who we buy in January, and if the players remain as committed under Allardyce as they have been thus far.

great performance againsta pretty good team who lets not forget thumped Hull 5-1 in their last game.

Absolutely gutted but loads of positives not least that we kept our shape for most of the match. It was only when we went to a 5 man midfield with changes of personnel that the match swayed in City's direction.

If we strengthen in the right areas then we won't have a problem.

I wish we'd had players like Vassel and Sturridge to bring on late in the game

**** the table and **** the market.

Two freak results have us four points short of mid-lower table - which is where we should be since Sam took over. The Roberts miss on Friday and today's capitulation.

It's so close this season that making statements of impending doom or placing bets either way is ridiculous.

It's perfectly possible that we'll play 15 more games and still be in the relegation zone in mid-April. And then rescue it with the last 3 games.

Time for calm heads, solid support, and a break from the relentless prophets of doom.

Well said Tris - Rovers should have won both games - they played reasonable well in both. But lets be honest Robinho should have scored that first chance header he had. Both sides today could have had a penalty. The effort in both games was, compared to the Ince era very very good. Every reason to be positive - the players look like they have got a new lease of life under Sam and want to play for him - that is a huge difference and a positive reason for all Rovers supporters to calm and get behind the team.

It is going to be touch and go as to who survives. We just need to pick up points on a consistent basis and gradually work our way out of trouble. I have faith that everyone is now pulling in the same direction and we have a manager who knows what he is doing.

We need at least THREE quality players brought into the set up not only to survive but to provide optimism for the following season.

The bookies rarely get it wrong, and I'd have thought that 6 teams outside of WBA/ Stoke having roughly the same odds to go down actually confirms what you are saying.

Somewhere between people saying we're doomed and people saying we'll stay up now Allardyce is here is the truth.

It is squeaky-bum time, and I'd much rather that it wasn't, but hey-ho such is life.

The bookies rarely get it wrong, and I'd have thought that 6 teams outside of WBA/ Stoke having roughly the same odds to go down actually confirms what you are saying.

Somewhere between people saying we're doomed and people saying we'll stay up now Allardyce is here is the truth.

It is squeaky-bum time, and I'd much rather that it wasn't, but hey-ho such is life.

Having gone 11 games without a win under Ince - to now having 3 unbeaten games, (which should have been games won) is a vast improvement. Rovers have started a little run of picking up points - others are starting to struggle, Boro, Spurs, Pompey (who may have to sell players) west ham, although they have breathing space at the moment may also have to sell players. Stoke are being found out, they have lost Fuller now for at least 2 games for getting sent off today. Newcastle result today was shocking - 5 1 defeat at home. Rovers have dropped 4 points under Sam - under Ince it would have been the whole 6 available. Rovers will be ok. No club is too good to go down, but Rovers have more experience than some of the other clubs around them.

I am totally gutted after todays match. It reminds me of the time we were 2-0 up at Maine road when Andy Cole scored the second and then got injured. We capitulated in a similar way and I feel equally as gutted. It was in the bag...and then it all went so wrong. All the players did their best to get a result, but some just clearly are not good enough. Andrews was absolutely invisible today. Didnt realise he was playing, he was so quiet. He can pass a ball but is so weak and slow. He is a million miles from being premiership quality and when you pair him with a player of Tugay's age, it is always going to be difficult. Tugay and Ooijer looked past it and whilst Emerton always gives 100%, he lacks the skill and vision to be a good winger. We are still suffering from the errors Ince made and hopefully Sam can sort the mess out and bring in some players in January.

4 minutes of injury time? Derbyshire not keeping the ball, not bringing in on a third sub to run the clock down and suicidal defensive errors have cost us. If only these things didnt conspire against us today, our position would look a lot rosier. The trials and tribulations of supporting rovers... c'est la vie!

The good thing is that now, at last, there are clubs playing worse than we are and looking over their shoulders. I don't think that 22 points from 18 games is a big ask for us now while we continue playing like this and Sam getting some dosh to spend and with Dunn, Grella and Santa(hopefully) to play a part in the last third of the season. I had totally given up hope.

Boro, Newcastle Stoke and even Hull will find it harder than we will.

I am feeling a little more optimistic this morning recalling all our defeats under Ince. Other than the Wigan game, and matches against the Big Four, we didnt get turned over by any of the other sides, did we? Add to that the solidity Sam seems to have put in place, and we have a fair chance. I think the key will be games against the bigger sides like Spurs, Everton, Villa.

Well i feel greatly confident that Rovers will be ok. Today we let 2 points slip out of our hands ala Gomes style. The same with the Sunderland game. The next 5 games will be VERY important (if that wasnt obvious). Over all i feel a lot better with BFS at the helm and like stated before we will a ok! ;)

i have to say though i was gutted when they scored, made me sad.... :(

Archived