BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Citeh

Paul

Why was Oijer so central leaving the most expensive player on the pitch unmarked outside him???

Why couldnt Derbyshire take the ball into the corner???

A challenge on Sturridge or just going to let him run at us!!!

Sick as a dog!!!

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the verge of tears. That sums up our pathetic excuse for a team - and honestly, if we go down we have nobody but ourselves to blame. They should hang their heads in utter, utter shame.

The lads worked their ###### off today and didn't deserve to concede one, let alone two. I honestly think we just ran out of steam and didn't have anyone who could put their foot on the ball and alleviate the pressure. Tugay was balancing on a yellow card and had to be subbed, and Mokoena's just a hatchet man.

Words simply cannot describe how angry I am. Aside from the laughable 4 minutes of injury time, this team lacks both the ability and the character to gain the necessary points to pull it from the mire. We had those three points IN THE BAG and simply elected to throw them away. It is a disgraceful effort from supposed professionals and the very reason we will find ourselves in the Championship next year, shorn of money, players and fans. The blame must rest entirely with the board for appointing a manager that has taken a 7th placed team to the foot of the table, leaving it with no room for error.

Absolutely gutted. Arghhhhhhhhh. SO SO SO CLOSE. Between derbs and ooijer, the latter was probably the bigger villain. Derbs overhit his pass, but ooijer headed the ball across our box for the first and left robinho unmarked and onside for the second.

It was a very very good battling performance, but our faults, especially the lack of creativity, was very very evident as well. We need a central midfielder and right winger pronto. The positive from today was that we have heart, something which was so clearly lacking before Sam's arrival. In a rare moment of optimism, i think we'll scrape through fine this season, probably by the skin of our teeth. It's going to be tight this year.

loads of positives, though Benni and Roberts were excellent

Andrew did just fine

I think Oojier is a huge weak link, he scares the s$$$ out of me everytime he plays, i'm just worried he will cause an error, i think he caused two today in both goal

still, just gutted really, think Sam will sort it out

Gutted.

Got to admit that Sturridge was utterly brilliant but this really really hurts.

At least we looked like a football team today unlike in most of Ince's games. It is going to be extremely hard work getting out of the bottom 3 but I believe we will eventually.

This is all Ince's fault for putting us in such a terriblre position.

whyorwhy in allthat is holy is our full back haeading the ball back across his owm box for them to score there first goal, its basic defending and you should never do it.

last 15-20 min we lost the midfield and if you let a tream like city have the ball there will score. it feels like we have beem beaten and its points thrown away that we can not afford to lose

No, I seriously don't know how I'm supposed to get through this day.

I feel like someone just smashed a sledgehammer in my chest.

Considering the amount of shight you talk, you sure it wasn't a sledgehammer to your head?

Best performance I have seen from a Rovers team for a long time. At least for the first 65-70 minutes, then we tired, and kept on getting deeper and deeper.

Im so deflated how we threw these vital points away. We are not in a position to throw these wins away. We will get relegated if things continue the way they are, thats for certain.

:(

We need a strong central midfielder, a right winger to push Emo back to right back, and possibly a right back either way.

So gutted...

Gutted.

Got to admit that Sturridge was utterly brilliant but this really really hurts.

At least we looked like a football team today unlike in most of Ince's games. It is going to be extremely hard work getting out of the bottom 3 but I believe we will eventually.

This is all Ince's fault for putting us in such a terriblre position.

Absolutely. The fact that drawing a game is so costly is due to the terrible state in which he left us. I level all blame at the board however.

We are playing good football but lets all remember we played with a 38 year old and a ex league 2 player for most of the game in central midfield vs Elano, Ireland and Phillips.

Proud of the performance and look on the bright side, we are now ONE win from getting out of the bottom 3 and are unbeaten in three games.

Archived