BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Citeh

Paul

Gutted.

Got to admit that Sturridge was utterly brilliant but this really really hurts.

At least we looked like a football team today unlike in most of Ince's games. It is going to be extremely hard work getting out of the bottom 3 but I believe we will eventually.

This is all Ince's fault for putting us in such a terriblre position.

And that is the saleint point, starting to look like a team again

###### happens when you are at the bottom of the table

BFS will make sure we carry on in the same vein as today, then we will get out of the mess Ince left us in

:rover:

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a rare moment of optimism, i think we'll scrape through fine this season, probably by the skin of our teeth. It's going to be tight this year.

I wish I could believe, but in the last two matches we've dropped 4 points that will haunt us...that is massive. Plus, those two matches were against teams who are also near the drop...meaning they are the teams who we should supposedly be able to take wins off of (which isn't happening).

I can't believe that I'm sitting here writing about a 2-2 draw. Some how we have managed to f**k up a 2-0 lead going into the 90th minute. This was a great chance to get three points to take us closer toward safety, drag another team closer to ourselves and put one over on that ship jumping sh!te Mark Hughes. We played well for the first 90 minutes, but the defending for their goals was disgraceful. Firstly Ooijer heads the ball into the centre of the defence, setting up Sturridge perfectly, then Mokoena tries to hack down Sturridge and misses, who then passes to a totally unmarked Robinho in our box. We had three points in the bag and have ballsed the whole thing up. There are positive signs from the team, but this result is a disaster when you think how important three points are to our survival.

I think today shows the players need to take some of the responsibility for putting us in the relegation zone. The players have admitted that so I think us fans need to start admitting it.

100% disagree.

Those were the same players as Ince the Dunce had available.

Ince is solely culpable for this.

I think today shows the players need to take some of the responsibility for putting us in the relegation zone. The players have admitted that so I think us fans need to start admitting it.

its always comes down to the manager, its just law, its up to him to get the best out his players

oh dear oh dear oh dear...

Such a fantastic game, best all season upto the 85th minute and then we blew it all away.

I hate to be pernickety about things like this, and yes, i am a sore loser but 4 minute was FAR too much stoppage time. Nothing happened! there were a few tiny knocks that required attention but other than that it was a pretty flowing game.

bitterly dissapointed but we showed fantastic signs today and on our 85th minutes of performance i think we should be safe from relegation. Defence looks MILES better than it did under Ince, but we need to stamp out silly errors like today. Ince, i fear, has done alot of damage that needs repairing.

Looking at Big Sam he seems rightly very annoyed, do you think he may call Winterburn for some advice? :blink:

I think we need a couple of players- fast.

I was so proud of Roberts today, I would take him over RSC anyday of the week, he tries and works hard for the team, we need players like Roberts playing for us, even MGP looked good today.

Lets not all self combust.

For most of the game Citeh were outplayed,we played well. We drew because when Derbyshire was passed the ball on the right instead of drawing defenders into the corner for a minute and then kicking it off them he centered into the goalies hands giving him a quick goal kick which created the goal. Everyone has to learn to SHUT UP SHOP in injury time.

Bottom line instead of getting stuffed we played like the old Rovers,and Citeh with their gazillions of quid were F******* Lucky. Thats a better place to be than we were three games ago. Both of our strikers scored and look hungry.

If you dont believe me read the post from the first 65 minutes. I feel sick as anyone but we can build on this. If we played like C*** there would be no hope.

100% disagree.

Which is why I'm glad I'm out of the country at the moment. I'd like to wring the little barsteward's neck. Although I DO think the board take a lot of responsibility- some of us knew within minutes they'd f**ked up- why didn't they???

100% disagree.

Yeah they are the same players Ince had and the same mistakes cost us today. I'm not saying that Ince wasn't to blame for our results but he wasn't 100% to blame. Today is proof that the players are making mistakes which have cost us valuable points.

It really was a devastating result. I'm not surprised we gave it away, because we were right up against it in those dying minutes. We were just hoofing straight back to City.

I would have subbed Tugay for Vogel. Someone who can actually pass the ball instead of Mokoena who's useless.

My MOTM goes to Emerton. Thought he was excellent, with his tireless runs and commitment.

Which is why I'm glad I'm out of the country at the moment. I'd like to wring the little barsteward's neck. Although I DO think the board take a lot of responsibility- some of us knew within minutes they'd f**ked up- why didn't they???

Do you actually have to ask that question?

Archived