BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

Might not want to publicly slate Diouf? He's just come out and slagged him and too others off in the press for a lack of effort. But he doesn't want to do it for an absolutely disgraceful challenge?

You've been drinking Hughesy's KoolAid. For you there's always a reason to excuse things, nothing is ever allardyce's fault.

Publicly slate him TOO much. TOO much.

Sam can get decisions wrong and say things that people don't agree with.

I just don't think they're hanging offences like many on here do.

:blink: its lying .

Where did he lie when talking about the tackle?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hope did cross my mind that he needs to be made to sign in each day for training whilst the ban takes place. Now I know that it is absolutely no excuse, but the trigger was that pretty hefty shove that Beye (?) bestowed on Diouf and the tackle was his reaction. An experienced player like Diouf should have learned NOT to react in such a way.

Extremely good point. The challenge just came out of nowhere, there was nothing to wind him up beforehand, nor any reason to make it.

It wasn't like he was preventing a goalscoring opportunity or anything.

Where did he lie when talking about the tackle?

"I see a lot of those situations that never result in a sending-off. They will justify it by saying it was two-footed but the referee, Howard Webb, is a long way away."

id say 90% of the sort of challenge the brain dead one did result in a sending off...so hes lying to himself or the press if believes different.

try and justify it? what is there TRUTHFULLY he could see that isnt justifiable?

long way off? if he hadnt seen the lino he shouldnt be in charge of even a fifa team? he needs to go to specsavers ...or praps look at the monitor they have near them.

Sorry mum, missed that. As you say still not that much of an excuse though.

You would have thought he would have been wanting to be involved the Semi for his own benefit.

That's aside from leaving us down to ten men and without his services for three games.

"I see a lot of those situations that never result in a sending-off. They will justify it by saying it was two-footed but the referee, Howard Webb, is a long way away."

id say 90% of the sort of challenge the brain dead one did result in a sending off...so hes lying to himself or the press if believes different.

try and justify it? what is there TRUTHFULLY he could see that isnt justifiable?

long way off? if he hadnt seen the lino he shouldnt be in charge of even a fifa team? he needs to go to specsavers ...or praps look at the monitor they have near them.

It's not lying tho, it's his opinion; hense "I see".

You have your opinion saying YOU THINK 90% of them type of challenges result in sendings off.

It's just the same. Unless you're lying.

I agree with you, it was a bad challenge and it deserved a red; but I can't see why everyone is gettin on Sam's back for stickin up for one if his players.

If you were incharge of a player who was a bit firery and got himself in to trouble abit, would you:

A. Publicly slate him everytime he does something wrong, resulting in him throwing a "hissy fit" and disrupting the team.

Or

B. Publicly play down the incident and have a strong word with the player man to man?

Or, would you rather have an argument with your girlfriend/wife infront of all your family and friends at a big party

or wait til you get home and let her win in private? :P

If you were incharge of a player who was a bit firery and got himself in to trouble abit, would you:

A. Publicly slate him everytime he does something wrong, resulting in him throwing a "hussy fit" and disrupting the team.

Or

B. Publicly play down the incident and have a strong word with the player man to man?

A....

and tell him publically to stop being a @#/?.

It was a shocking and pointless challenge. As soon as it happened I said to my wife 'Red card' from where we were sat at the top corner of the stand at the other end of the pitch. The ref got it spot on. It was wild and reckless at the least and utterly moronic. Diouf should be fined. I don't care what Sam says about it in public, it's how he deals with it behind closed doors that matters but playing it down seems to be how he deals with Diouf in public.

Publicly slate him TOO much. TOO much.

Sam can get decisions wrong and say things that people don't agree with.

I just don't think they're hanging offences like many on here do.

So slating his performances is OK, but adding that he deserved to be get sent off would be too much? I'd rather be slated for a one-off moment of stupidity than get my performances called into question publicly.

Make up your mind whether Sam got it totally wrong or whether he was dissembling to protect a player with a history of moments of madness. bearing in mind that he's said quite a few things post-match this season which haven't really added up.

So slating his performances is OK, but adding that he deserved to be get sent off would be too much? I'd rather be slated for a one-off moment of stupidity than get my performances called into question publicly.

Make up your mind whether Sam got it totally wrong or whether he was dissembling to protect a player with a history of moments of madness. bearing in mind that he's said quite a few things post-match this season which haven't really added up.

Got what totally wrong? His opinion on the tackle? It's his opinion, everyone is entitled to one....no matter how much you dislike them.

to show him and the fans that its not accaptable .

I see your point, but it would still embarass the player, and seems as tho it is diouf, I believe it's best to keep things "in house" to avoid disrupt.

we all know allardyce is pretty much the only manager out there who knows how to handle diouf. So in my eyes he knows what he's doing regarding this incident.

I see your point, but it would still embarass the player, and seems as tho it is diouf, I believe it's best to keep things "in house" to avoid disrupt.

we all know allardyce is pretty much the only manager out there who knows how to handle diouf. So in my eyes he knows what he's doing regarding this incident.

impossible to embarass him.

No defence!

How an earth Sam can defende this tackle is beyond me(34 seconds...........It makes his outlook on a game questionable..............I have an idea....Why doesnt Sam put in a Objection to the sending off and prehaps the FA might increase his punishment to 4 games!

Lets look at it from a different perspective. At least he's going for the ball which is something that messrs Givet,Chimbonda and Di Santo clearly failed to do for the Villa goals. I'd imagine SA would be more concerned about that.

not thought of that ,but it would not surprise me because he doesnt care about the rovers.

Abbey NONE of em care about BRFC. That went when the maximum wage was abolished. Reminded me of when Andy Cole when he got himself sent off on purpose just so he could fly off to Dubai for a fortnight.

No defence!

How an earth Sam can defende this tackle is beyond me(34 seconds...........It makes his outlook on a game questionable..............I have an idea....Why doesnt Sam put in a Objection to the sending off and prehaps the FA might increase his punishment to 4 games!

How can Alex Ferguson whinge with any credibility about only getting 5 mins added time put on today.... but he did! :rolleyes: It's part of managers make up I think. The good guys get relegated or sacked.

Okay, but you were insinuating he got it wrong.

What did he get wrong?

It was crystal clear to me that he was saying that Diouf could consider himself unlucky to be sent off because lots of similar challenges go unpunished and also that the ref was so far away from the challenge.

I'm thinking that you are definitely on a wind-up.

to show him and the fans that its not accaptable .

Abbey you are on a loser with this argument. You are continually going way overboard to discredit the manager but in this instance you don't know what was said at HT in the dressing room, nor at FT nor on the coach home, nor at Brockhall tomorrow.

Any manager who wants to unite and keep his players on side will always do his best to defend them in public. These aren't the days of knights in armour and chivalry. Like it or not there is a lot of BRFC money tied up in EHD and to ostracise him would threaten that. JHC the old RFW NEVER publically condemned Cantona for his GBH on Matthew Symmonds ffs!

It was crystal clear to me that he was saying that Diouf could consider himself unlucky to be sent off because lots of similar challenges go unpunished and also that the ref was so far away from the challenge.

I'm thinking that you are definitely on a wind-up.

Nope, if you look at my other posts; I'm just puttin my opinions across about the situation with no hidden agenda

Only seen the you tube clip but looked deffo Red to me. On a side note, is it just the video or did Robbo seem like he barely tried to stop the first goal by streching his arms a bit. Like he just dived in that general direction?

It was Brown not Robbo in goal

Just found that out from another thread. Poor effort. On his and my part. Next question is why?

Let's not let that get in the way of a good Robbo bash, he too is @#/? after all.

No I genuinely thought it was him. There's a message here, a day after and I only just know who is in goal, sounds like someone is losing interest don't you think.

OK JAL lets pretend that you are the manager and that you have decided to get rid of a player that has 2 years left on his contract and is earning 30+k pw.

Rem the rules at ewood are that you have to get him out before you can get anyone else in which is something which you are surely going to have to do as we cannot afford to be a man down in the squad.

So how will you go about offloading him? What is your initial move and what is your overall plan? Off you go.

As mentioned on another thread, pray that Owen Coyle is given the Reebok job, then offer Diouf to Bolton for next to nothing and pray to god they accept the invitation.

Do all players who are sold by the club, do they not receive a sort of loyalty bonus from the club for their services when they depart. Surely Diouf would be given a decent cash incentive to make it happen, his departure that is.

Archived