BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

Surely it'd be less trouble, less fuss and a bloody site easier for you to go Jal.

:)

Probably right Theno, driven out by the manager, a shocking role model of a player and Rovers supporters like yourself.

I'll get my coat.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Allardyce quoted in The Mirror:

It was a rash moment. He had no need to do it, that's the frustrating thing. he would have been in my plans on Tuesday as he's obviously a very important player for us. He's had a little spell out of the side where his form hasn't been as good as we'd like, but then he came on as a sub and got us a point against Sunderland and was playing all right.

Don't think he's protecting him and keeping it in-house there, is he?

Sam Allardyce quoted in The Mirror:

Don't think he's protecting him and keeping it in-house there, is he?

No, but seems as tho it's a few days later; my guess is that Sam has probably had a word with Diouf man to man before he's spoken to the papers.

You're being awfully picky.

No, but seems as tho it's a few days later; my guess is that Sam has probably had a word with Diouf man to man before he's spoken to the papers.

You're being awfully picky.

No I'm not, I'm just sticking to the facts - it's not difficult.

The fact remains that Allardyce tried to excuse the sending off away, you said that was because he didn't want to slate him in public. Then you said the reason why Allardyce has criticised Diouf's performances, but not his sending off was because he didn't want to criticise him too much in public. Now you've said that the reason that he's criticised his performances and (perhaps later then slated) getting sent off was because he wanted to have a word with him first.

I think you're just making it up as you go along and it seems to be motivated by you sticking up for Allardyce come what may. If you think I'm picky, I'll live with that.

From what I've read, Sam's statements are more than a little ambiguous. His complaint is that the ref didn't speak to the linesman before pulling out the red card. Surrounding that complaint is a bunch of verbage about angles, similar offenses, etc. It appears to me that he was appearing to support Diouf without actually supporting Diouf.

It's just a nonsense complaint, just like Ferguson yesterday. The ref made the right decision, what does it matter if he didn't consult his linesman in making it? Diouf deserves the red, deserves the ban and I think we will be a better team without him.

It's just a nonsense complaint, just like Ferguson yesterday. The ref made the right decision, what does it matter if he didn't consult his linesman in making it? Diouf deserves the red, deserves the ban and I think we will be a better team without him.

Agree 100%. But from Sam's perspective he has to appear to support Diouf to get any ounce of effort from Diouf. It is my hope that we get rid of Diouf, but that's up to Sam and the board and until we do we're stuck with him and his issues.

Even more reason to get rid of him. If ref's didn't have it in for him before his horror tackle and this consequent article then they will now.

My view of Diouf: Sh!te and a complete moron. I wish I had followed his career more closely when he was younger because right now I can't help but feel that he's conned a living as a footballer.

No I'm not, I'm just sticking to the facts - it's not difficult.

The fact remains that Allardyce tried to excuse the sending off away, you said that was because he didn't want to slate him in public. Then you said the reason why Allardyce has criticised Diouf's performances, but not his sending off was because he didn't want to criticise him too much in public. Now you've said that the reason that he's criticised his performances and (perhaps later then slated) getting sent off was because he wanted to have a word with him first.

I think you're just making it up as you go along and it seems to be motivated by you sticking up for Allardyce come what may. If you think I'm picky, I'll live with that.

I'm hardly going to predict the future am I.

Can you not read what is said by Sam and then think of a reason behind saying it?

I know you can look in to things, for example, my posts and come to the conclusion that i'm on a wind up.

So can you not look at what Sam is saying and think "that makes sense, have a word with the player first before going to the media, it's probably best to handle it that way"

You seem like a well educated man, Can you not see the logic in what Sam has done?

I can see some sense behind it, maybe he was caught making off-the-cuff remarks.

He's backed the player up thinking that was more important and then has watched it again and realised how bad it was.

It may be difficult to do but he should perhaps have not been drawn into commenting on it until he'd seen it further because he's made a prize twit of himself in my view.

Sorry if I've wrongly labelled you as a wind-up merchant, it's just my frustration coming out. I just wish Diouf wasn't on our books, the fact he is seriously gets me down.

I dont think Sam is defending EHD at all, comments from The Sun:

"He is the most stupid one of the lot. He should not have done that.

"He has been doing well for us and would have been involved in the Carling Cup semi-final.

"It was in an area where Beye was going nowhere, so that makes it more disappointing.

"He will be suspended for three games, which is not what we want at such an important stage of the season.

"He is a very important player for us. He has had a spell out of the side because his form had not been too good but he seemed to have got it back.

"That is the frustrating thing for me. He did not need to do what he did.

"It was just a silly thing to do. He put himself in the position where the referee had to make a decision whether it was a red card or not.

• Backroom

I dont think Sam is defending EHD at all, comments from The Sun:

"He is the most stupid one of the lot. He should not have done that.

"He has been doing well for us and would have been involved in the Carling Cup semi-final.

"It was in an area where Beye was going nowhere, so that makes it more disappointing.

"He will be suspended for three games, which is not what we want at such an important stage of the season.

"He is a very important player for us. He has had a spell out of the side because his form had not been too good but he seemed to have got it back.

"That is the frustrating thing for me. He did not need to do what he did.

"It was just a silly thing to do. He put himself in the position where the referee had to make a decision whether it was a red card or not.

"He has been doing well for us"

"He has had a spell out of the side because his form had not been too good but he seemed to have got it back."

I could not disagree more.

"He has been doing well for us"

"He has had a spell out of the side because his form had not been too good but he seemed to have got it back."

I could not disagree more.

Didn't you think he did well when he came on as a sub at Ewood recently?

Archived