BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce on El-Hadji Diouf's red card: "I see a lot of those situations that never result in a sending-off. They will justify it by saying it was two-footed but the referee, Howard Webb, is a long way away."

Stunned at this comment for Allardyce you won't see many worse tackles or more clear red cards, he seems to forget the fact the lino was right next to it as well. This comment makes Allardyce look like a prick and he should retract it.

Benni had clearly left the pitch though and the booing carried on, idiotic IMO as much as I dislike the guy.

You are wrong. The booing was for Benni coming off and after that the crowd's chant of Diouff Diouff Diouff when he takes corners can sound like booing. Anyway who cares?

I'm unsure, do only away fans boo him?

We used to have Dickov and Savage who were booed regularly by the oppositon but we loved them and the other supporters secretly wished that these players played for their teams.

We cannot say this about Diouf.

Really embarassed about yesterday.

Such as?

In his 4 years with us I've never heard him once make a comment such as this defending a horror tackle by a total thug of a player.

No he just fights his own players on the training ground.

Stunned at this comment for Allardyce you won't see many worse tackles or more clear red cards, he seems to forget the fact the lino was right next to it as well. This comment makes Allardyce look like a prick and he should retract it.

Read the full article - he simply stated the ref was some distance away and should of consulted with assistant, as the ref had a poor view. Diouf did a nasty tackle but he didnt actually 'get' Beye as he jumped the tackle.

Sam admitted it was stupid & in a pointless area....simply pointed out that Webb wasnt close to it.

zzzzam has talkied billyballoo all season starting with west ham game.

You are wrong. The booing was for Benni coming off and after that the crowd's chant of Diouff Diouff Diouff when he takes corners can sound like booing. Anyway who cares?

there was no chanting his name i assure you.

there was no chanting his name i assure you.(mackem game)

Read the full article - he simply stated the ref was some distance away and should of consulted with assistant, as the ref had a poor view. Diouf did a nasty tackle but he didnt actually 'get' Beye as he jumped the tackle.

Sam admitted it was stupid & in a pointless area....simply pointed out that Webb wasnt close to it.

The lino waved his flag as soon as it happened, it was hardly a 50-50 decision for Webb to make.

We were about 4 times further away from the incident as Webb and we could see it was a sending off.

There was when he bagged a goal :xmas:

The lino waved his flag as soon as it happened, it was hardly a 50-50 decision for Webb to make.

We were about 4 times further away from the incident as Webb and we could see it was a sending off.

Correct the lino gave it - therefore Webb should of consulted/ checked with him, just hwo bad it was front on.... :unsure:

Get out of here, no matter how far away the ref was, if he couldn't see that it was a clear sending off he shouldn't be reffing.

I see a lot of those situations that never result in a sending-off. They will justify it by saying it was two-footed but the referee, Howard Webb, is a long way away.

"He did not know what sort of tackle it was because I have seen a playback on the video. If the assistant referee made the decision, then fine, but I don't think he did."

He's basically saying that it wasn't a sending off from what he's seen on the playback and it looked worse than it was from the referee's viewpoint because he was stood so far away.

Total nonsense, it was an automatic sending off.

Archived