BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scolari Sacked...

chocky

Villa fan here...

I would be extremely surprised if MON took the Chelsea job.

He absolutely runs the show at Villa, has the full support of the chairman and is beginning to build his own team. He had lots of board interference at Leicester and Celtic and he knows he has got a very steady ship at the Villa. I think he would be too astute to take the Chelsea job where you are on a hiding to nothing.

As for money - Randy's a billionaire in his own right, i'm sure it wouldn't come down to money. More about whether he truly felt that the club would continue to back him and give him full control of football matters.

There were possibly only 3 jobs that I could see him leaving us for.

England - Fortunately Barwick botched that when turning him down for MacLaren and I don't think MON would go back.

Liverpool - The opportunity to restore them to former glories may have proved too strong. Fortunately tweedledum and tweedledee are possibly the worst chairmen in the league and the barry saga has left a lot of bad blood between the two clubs. Can't see this happening anymore.

Man Utd - The only job that I don't think he could turn down.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately mate - for all the Premiership - I think you'd probably find he'd go to any of the "Big 4". Certainly Liverpool, Chelsea or United anyway. He's trying to establish a Champions League team. Given a shortcut to his goal and a payrise, it's hard to imagine he wouldn't go.

Unfortunately mate - for all the Premiership - I think you'd probably find he'd go to any of the "Big 4". Certainly Liverpool, Chelsea or United anyway. He's trying to establish a Champions League team. Given a shortcut to his goal and a payrise, it's hard to imagine he wouldn't go.

O'Neill said a few years ago that he would not like to be MU's next manager but that he'd like to be the one after that. Maybe his age could change his mind.

Any other potential names nicko? Hiddink's being touted but I would've thought Roman won't repeat his mistake of going for an excellent international manager with not as much club experience...

I'm not sure that Abramovich would want to upset the Russians with that one...can't write it off...but Rijkaard was the name that came back to me...I don't even know if he fancies it...I presume Chelsea are checking that out right now.

Kenyon is remarkably quiet for someone who usually has so much to say ... any chance he could be next to swing?

Someone on the Englandfans website, they are at Heathrow on their way to Spain for the friendly, say they saw him in the business lounge on his way somewhere...Interview maybe..

Why so? Having a club truly threatening to break the monotony of the top four has been the most refreshing thing about this season, especially considering the amount of English players they use.

Because he is making me like Villa and at the end of the day that's just wrong! :wacko:

I don't see it happening as he isn't a big enough name for Roman, which is stupid because he'd do well with them IMO.

I just wonder with Chelsea and City, wonder when the money men will get fed up, walk away and leave them bankrupt!!

It was a game, getting more serious now the credit crunch is here and Mr Platini may have a part to play as well!!

Nicko, any thoughts if Platine will get his way regarding wages over income??

I just hope the press goes to town on this one like they did with us.

They are still in the FA Cup and the Champions League and still in with a half chance of the league. The worst that could happen is they finish 4th and don't win a cup.

They went mad with us over Ince when the worst that could happen is we go down never to come back up again.

Still it's Chelsea and he's not a British manager so all the stories will be on the next potential manager, not the departing one.

Zola's doing well but they'd be mad to take a risk on him now, he could do with more time proving himself at West Ham. With so much to play for I can't see Chelsea going for someone temporary like Steve Clarke either.

Rijkaard has to be favourite being out of a job, Mancini is another out of work.

I'd love to see the press make a big deal out of giving British managers a chance like we tried to do, why shouldn't they give the job to Ince or Adams, they are both great up and coming british managers according to the press, let them prove it ;)

The quickest way to instability and poor results is to change the manager all the time. They have now had three in under two years. On top of that Abramovich is not splashing the cash like he used to.

Alongside the troubles at Arsenal and Liverpool Villa probably have a very good chance to at least get fourth. I wonder if Everton can even make a push?

The quickest way to instability and poor results is to change the manager all the time. They have now had three in under two years. On top of that Abramovich is not splashing the cash like he used to.

Alongside the troubles at Arsenal and Liverpool Villa probably have a very good chance to at least get fourth. I wonder if Everton can even make a push?

Its gotta be 'Arry,he hasn't moved in a while and he might get found out soon. :rolleyes:

If they had ANY sense they'd move for MON. Luckily for their competitors they don't.

To be honest I agree with 'jod', I'm not sure if he would take it. What can Chelsea offer him that Villa cannot other than a better team currently although the gap is decreasing.

Juding from what Lerner has done for Villa he is probably willing to splash more cash than Abramovich at the moment.

Has football always been this ridiculous or do I just notice it more now that I'm older ? :blink::wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I think it really shows how time has changed and that chairmen want immediate results more than ever. They used to say you can only lose 4 or 5 games to win the title. Scolari has lost 5 games in all competitions and has ended up out of a job.

Zola is new 7/2 favourite

Hiddink 4/1

Rijkaard 9/2

Erikson 8/1

Always changing at the moment of course.

To be honest I agree with 'jod', I'm not sure if he would take it. What can Chelsea offer him that Villa cannot other than a better team currently although the gap is decreasing.

Juding from what Lerner has done for Villa he is probably willing to splash more cash than Abramovich at the moment.

Yep, MON has the chance to build a dynasty at Villa, like Wenger at Arsenal, Cloughie at Forest or even Fergie. He's got the fans, the board and the players all behind him and a real shout of Champions League football for years to come.

Yep, MON has the chance to build a dynasty at Villa, like Wenger at Arsenal, Cloughie at Forest or even Fergie. He's got the fans, the board and the players all behind him and a real shout of Champions League football for years to come.

Can't remember who said it recently but right now Villa are probably the only club in the premiership where the fans, players, board and manager are all on the same side. Nobody else can offer than to Martin O'Neill right now.

remember Mourinho paid the price for among other things, "winning ugly". On that basis , MoN is hardly going to be the ideal candidate is he?

Scolari early in the season had Chelsea playing some scintilating stuff.

Of the names in the frames, its either Rijkard or a complete change of philosophy and Zola/Clarke as far as I can see. Mancini would be incendiary in the Chelsea dressing room.

I don't think Abramovich would take on National Associations like the Russians or English to get either Hiddink or Capello and given Abramovich has put the chequebook away, you have to wonder whether he would attract either of them.

remember Mourinho paid the price for among other things, "winning ugly". On that basis , MoN is hardly going to be the ideal candidate is he?

Scolari early in the season had Chelsea playing some scintilating stuff.

Of the names in the frames, its either Rijkard or a complete change of philosophy and Zola/Clarke as far as I can see. Mancini would be incendiary in the Chelsea dressing room.

I don't think Abramovich would take on National Associations like the Russians or English to get either Hiddink or Capello and given Abramovich has put the chequebook away, you have to wonder whether he would attract either of them.

Got to be Rijkard

Has football always been this ridiculous or do I just notice it more now that I'm older ? :blink::wacko::wacko::wacko:

No it has become this ridiculous in recent years. A terrible shame that a sport with its roots buried deep in working society and which has meant so much to so many people has become nothing more than a rich man's plaything. Football lost its soul many years ago, the whole thing is a joke. Which takes us back to Chelsea, the laughing stock of world football. Criteria for being a successful Chelsea manager? Simple.

Win trophies, preferably the CL and PL on a regular basis

Win these trophies while playing attractive entertaining football

Do this is such a manner the support place the glory for the trophies at Abramovich's feet not the manager's

Never allow yourself to become bigger or more important than the owner

It seems Abramovich, for all his wealth, has a gap in his life. He wants popularity, needs to be loved if you like, a true poor little rich boy. For all his efforts, and I think he's bored with it all, Chelsea have achieved little, he's not taken seriously, a figure of fun for us to ridicule. That is the problem for any Chelsea manager to solve, satisfy Abramovich's ego and desire by making him loved by the people.

Chlesea had the right manager in Mourhino. They won't find another.

Archived