BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United Preview

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Samba is still our best defender and Nelsen is the captain so he is undroppable, but Givet has been superb today...

That's why I think it's a tricky one with Nelson as captain, Samba is quality on his day but can make the odd error. From what I've seen from Givet so far he is reliable and doesn't make mistakes. He is extremely solid and no nonsense. Of course this is a view after only about 3 games so he still has it to prove over a longer period of time but he has to play somewhere on current form.

Dire first half and we go in 1-1. One hell of a second half performance and we lose. Just our luck.

We could, maybe should have scored 2/3 in the second half, with the Nelsen/Diouf chances, Pedersens 'penalty' and the Santas header stright at Kuschak

FT

0 points but a superb performance by Rovers and could have been a draw if the ref had given the pen (which he should have). We made them work hard for the three points, thats all you can ask really with the gulf between the top four clubs and the rest of the league.

Roque is scoring again, Diouf, Grella and the back four especially Givet looking solid this should give us a real boost going into the next game.

Gutted, but so proud of the lads. If we play at that level for the rest of the season we'll have no troubles staying up.

That second half was almost the best we've played all year.

Givet is class. I know I say it almost every post but it's true.

pure and simple, Ronaldo shouldnt have been on the pitch to score the goal. terrible. How can we survive relegation when we're getting hndered by everyone and thing.

Plus points, Givet was brilliant.

AOB- Robinson was absolutly terrible... as usual

0 points but a superb performance by Rovers and could have been a draw if the ref had given the pen (which he should have).

Still can't make up my mind about that. I think if it was the other way round I'd be thinking the player went down very, very easily...bordering on diving if I'm honest. Even so it would only cancel out Evans' perfectly good goal in the first.

Missed the Ronaldo incident, but if he did kick out then he shouldn't have been on the pitch, that's what cost us. Well, that and Robinson's pisspoor positioning.

Almost didn't want the game to end. We're going down, but at least this was one of the rare games we showed some fight.

but:

Robinson - honestly, people who defend him don't know what they're talking about. The guy is not a keeper.

Oijer - best pass anyone has made for us all season.

Nelsen - if he had scored...

Givet - our best defender in a long time

Andrews - .......

Dunn - very poor today

Pedersen - biggest piece of **** on the field. Can't cross to save his life, dives worse than Ronaldo. Embarrassing.

Diouf - did quite well actually. His haircut though is greatly annoying.

And yet, one of our best games this season.

Still can't make up my mind about that. I think if it was the other way round I'd be thinking the player went down very, very easily...bordering on diving if I'm honest. Even so it would only cancel out Evans' perfectly good goal in the first.

Missed the Ronaldo incident, but if he did kick out then he shouldn't have been on the pitch, that's what cost us. Well, that and Robinson's pisspoor positioning.

Evans goal was perfectly good, but the decision to give the corner that he scored from was terrible. Pedersen was nowhere near it, and the lnesman was RIGHT next to it.

To be honest I don't think our perormance was as good as some people think (I know we were playing against a very good United team). First half was dire apart from the goal. Second half was an improvement. One or two players look unfit and overweight i.e. Dunn. Grella doesn't look good enough to me. The midfield is at times completey non existant. Diouf worked very hard and ran a lot and we were unlucky with the effort that came off the post. I also think Robinson was too far off his line for the 2nd goal.

The Evans goal that came from a corner that wasn't a corner?

Absolute disgrace that tonight. How is anyone expected to compete with that level of corruption. They've been getting away with it for years and nothing will be said or done, and I don't expect the idiots on Setanta to make an issue of it.

yeah it did look like a push from ronaldo, couldnt see much wrong from Evans to be fair, altho ronaldo wasn't challenging for the ball, but then again, John Terry got a penalty at ewood park because our defender had his hands wrapped around him despite the ball being a good 10 yards from him soooooooo

Archived