BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United Preview

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Green is having a coronary.

Mr Man United is so biased noone, nobody and nothign should ever think they can impede United dominence of all things associated with football.

I would seriously have loved to be sat next to him when RSC scored.

That man is a bigger numper then fergie, a bigger clown that coyle and funnier than watching burnley make an attempt for greatness :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Come on Rovers, send him over the edge then we can have someone with an unbiased view on radio 5 live

I agree...but the commentators have conveniently forgot about how it was never a corner and have been going on about the disallowed goal for 5 mins

Even when we get a bad decision in our favour you still have to moan about poor little Rovers! Why?!

I agree...but the commentators have conveniently forgot about how it was never a corner and have been going on about the disallowed goal for 5 mins

One of the commentators conveniently avoided that mistake by saying he thought it should have been a foul against Pedersen in that situation anyway.

So, so pleased we're the first team in 15 to even score against United. I just hope the boys can take something from this performance and get out of the relegation zone.

Keep the intensity up in the second half lads, they're in unchartered territory now.

In all honesty, we have been really poor and we're lucky to be coming in at 1-1. However, United haven't been all that better and we shoudn't really be complaing about a draw at old trafford.

Robinson hasn't had much to do.

The defence-bar Warnock-have been pretty good.

The less said about the midfield the better. Diouf is playing on the right and has got stuck in, though we havn't seen much of him as an attacking force.

Santa Cruz's body language leaves a lot to be desired, but -when we hoof the ball up he almost always wins the headers and he's got us a goal for which a lot of players would have buckled and missed.

1-1 against man United at the break, first team to score against them in 22 hours. How great is that. Sign that that positive thinking guru up for coaching on this message board. :rolleyes:

Here"s a positive, Dunn and MGP can only get better this half!

In all honesty, we have been really poor and we're lucky to be coming in at 1-1. However, United haven't been all that better and we shoudn't really be complaing about a draw at old trafford.

Robinson hasn't had much to do.

The defence-bar Warnock-have been pretty good.

The less said about the midfield the better. Diouf is playing on the right and has got stuck in, though we havn't seen much of him as an attacking force.

Santa Cruz's body language leaves a lot to be desired, but -when we hoof the ball up he almost always wins the headers and he's got us a goal for which a lot of players would have buckled and missed.

It's just a shame we don't have anyone else supporting to win the second ball, but with that said you can see the gameplan in going on the defensive, especially in the first half, we may show more adventure in the second half but my only worry it it could be like the Citeh game where we just get deeper and deeper trying to scrape the points.

All in all though can't complain about drawing at Old Trafford, like you say they haven't been that much better, they can probably step it up a bit though.

Bound to see Tugay at some point for Keith or Dunny, hopefully he help retain the ball a bit more.

The officials have made three mistakes which stand out:

- giving Man U the free kick when Kusciak punched over the bar when it should have been another corner

- giving Man U the corner when MGP never got near the ball

- disallowing the Man U goal from the resulting corner.

MGP did something right:

1835: Morten Gamst Pedersen ran into Sir Alex Ferguson as they both walked out of the tunnel at Old Trafford. The Norwegian saw the funny side, fair to say the Scot did not

We look far more comfortable in this 4-5-1 formation, I knew Sam would settle into it eventually. Diouf looks a snip at £2 million, he's so comfortable on the ball and rarely wastes possession. Working hard as well, he always seems to be back in defence when needed. It's such a shame Emerton is injured, I think he'd be great alongside Dunn in this formation.

Archived