BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

Yes, because MGP was really going to admit he made one of the most embarressing dives in recent memory :D take off the blue and white tinted specs, it was a dive and as previously mentioned if he clipped his own feet and fell WHY IS HE APPEALING FOR A PENALTY? If anything, his dive has just made it even more difficult to secure a penalty in the future for a legitimate infringement. Also, even IF the penalty had been given, video evidence would have shown he'd dived and the uproar would be worse than it is now.

Ref should have booked him, and I don't want to see MGP doing that again. Pretty much the last thing I have to say on the subject.

the ref should of booked him correct, but the ref didn't, just like most of the refs in the premier league when Ronaldo dives!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said I believed him, I just said that it was Pedersen had come out and said about it.

Pedersen for me although his dive was pathetic, seems to be improving again - he seems to be getting past his full back more and making more runs to the far post. Hopefully he can start bagging goals again and become a useful weapon in our run-in.

That's what Big Sam told Goals on Sunday as well. If you look closely you can see him kick himself.

:D

I thought the 'oh it's ok, everyone does it' comments were bad enough, but this is unreal.

Imagine what the reaction on here would have been like if van Persie had done that in our box. It's harder to find a more hypocritical bunch than football fans at times.

Maybe Pedersen did it because he thought that was the 'in thing' to do at the Emirates. They all dive, they are just good at it. Pedersen very rarely wins free-kicks anyway so I cant see it affecting us too much anyway.

Diving does go on, I admit, but it's incredibly rare to see something like Pedersen's. Sometimes players will exaggerate contact, or even pretend an attempted tackle has fouled them when there was no contact at all...but Pedersen just threw himself to the ground without even an attempted tackle! It really is once-or-twice in a season stuff, not something that goes on all the time.

:D

I thought the 'oh it's ok, everyone does it' comments were bad enough, but this is unreal.

Imagine what the reaction on here would have been like if van Persie had done that in our box. It's harder to find a more hypocritical bunch than football fans at times.

Thank goodness for some common sense. Okay, Pedersen allegedly 'dived'. He says he did not. Frankly, I don't care any more and I'm rapidly losing the will to live. Can we now shut up about it, please?

Perhaps we should start discussing how horrible Andre Ooijer deliberately cut poor dear Arsharvin's little foot... :glare:

The press doesn't crawl all over Owen and Gerrard when they go down little they've been shot, especially when they're wearing the three lions (a French emblem I discovered last week).

Pedersen isn't a serial diver, I suspect he was jsut trying to get something out of the game for the his team. Doesn't make it right, but we need to see the wider picture.

The press doesn't crawl all over Owen and Gerrard when they go down little they've been shot, especially when they're wearing the three lions (a French emblem I discovered last week).

Pedersen isn't a serial diver, I suspect he was jsut trying to get something out of the game for the his team. Doesn't make it right, but we need to see the wider picture.

Indeed. Unfortunately we have too many on here who metaphorically like lifting their skirts and screaming RAT! when they see a mouse.

Agreed, let's move on. MGP deserves nothing but praise for his recent performances in a blue & white shirt.

He should have been booked for the dive. Nothing more. How many fouls that should be a yellow go unpunished every week. The manner of the dive and the fact that he did it so badly was embarrassing, but that's it.

Personally I find it reassuring that its 'dragging on' it shows that the majority of Rovers fans are proper supporters who don't condone cheating in any form and are much less hypocritical than most fans through chastising thier own in this way.

Pederson cheated. Don't do it again. I don't want to stay up through cheating - whats the point of playing the game?

theres a video just been published on rovers world where MGP explains his side of events with the penalty decisions.

he was tired, clipped his heals and as he looked over he saw sagna and with it all went over. he knew it didn't warrant a penalty.

the end.

Been reading people's view on MGP for the past few days, and there seems to be a lot of mixed views about him.

What are your views on the lad. For me he gives 100% everytime he plays. May not be as good attacking wise but many fail to see his defensive qualitites. He helps Warnock out a hell of a lot. He's brilliant in the air, but shocking with his crossing 9 times out of 10.

Your views...

To inconsistent basically.

theres a video just been published on rovers world where MGP explains his side of events with the penalty decisions.

he was tired, clipped his heals and as he looked over he saw sagna and with it all went over. he knew it didn't warrant a penalty.

the end.

What a load of boll....

He fell over, he wasn't trying to get a penalty but still apealled and put that shocked footballer look on when ref waved him away. Kids a cheat why he is compounding his shame with a cock and bull story like that I don't know. Its hard to decide whats the most embarrassing that story or the original dive.

"I was tired".... he's begining to wind me up now! Does he think we are f*&king idiots?

I'm glad so many of you can defend him because he's a Rovers player, personally I can't abide cheats in any shirt!

Pederson the words your looking for are: I'm sorry, I wont do it again. End of story.

• Backroom
What a load of boll....

He fell over, he wasn't trying to get a penalty but still apealled and put that shocked footballer look on when ref waved him away. Kids a cheat why he is compounding his shame with a cock and bull story like that I don't know. Its hard to decide whats the most embarrassing that story or the original dive.

"I was tired".... he's begining to wind me up now! Does he think we are f*&king idiots?

I'm glad so many of you can defend him because he's a Rovers player, personally I can't abide cheats in any shirt!

Pederson the words your looking for are: I'm sorry, I wont do it again. End of story.

This is correct.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Vinjay606

I was far more upset with the poor display at Arsenal than some non-issue regarding Pedersen.

All those BRFC fans who have a problem with diving probably weren't complaining after the 1992 playoff final.

Gamst might be completely underwhelming at times, in fact rather a lot of the time, but his being on the pitch makes teams set themselves up differently in order to deal with the width and threat. He might not be all that great this season but being there causes defences problems. I think Big Sam may well get the best out of Ped next season if he isn't chopped as one of the dead-heads overdue for removal from the squad beforehand.

I was far more upset with the poor display at Arsenal than some non-issue regarding Pedersen.

All those BRFC fans who have a problem with diving probably weren't complaining after the 1992 playoff final.

I SUSPECT THIS CHAP IS NOT A ROVERS SUPPORTER

Archived