BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished watching Norway totally destroy Scotland 4-0. It should have been 7 or 8, and there was another perfectly good goal for Norway that was disallowed by the linesman because he thought it had not crossed the line, but in fact as replays showed it was about a foot over before being cleared out. MGP made the pass to Carew for that one as well.

As far as MGP was concerned he had a very good game and played more like the MGP of about 3 or 4 seasons ago. He seemed to be involved in all areas of midfield and as well as scoring 2 very good goals himself he was laying on good passes for Carew and the other Norwegian striker all night.

Ped's first goal just before half time was a gem. He received a pass just inside the area and took a quick touch with his right foot and then leathered it into the corner with his left. Goalie no chance! For his second one he and JA Riise were standing over a free kick just outside the area and more or less central to the goal. Ped takes it left footed and floats a beautiful ball over all the defenders heads and it dips under the bar well out of the keepers reach. Just like he used to do for us.

He was also doing a fair bit of tracking back and assisting the defence and overall had an excellent game. I think the old MGP mk1 is back!

I just finished watching Norway totally destroy Scotland 4-0. It should have been 7 or 8, and there was another perfectly good goal for Norway that was disallowed by the linesman because he thought it had not crossed the line, but in fact as replays showed it was about a foot over before being cleared out. MGP made the pass to Carew for that one as well.

As far as MGP was concerned he had a very good game and played more like the MGP of about 3 or 4 seasons ago. He seemed to be involved in all areas of midfield and as well as scoring 2 very good goals himself he was laying on good passes for Carew and the other Norwegian striker all night.

Ped's first goal just before half time was a gem. He received a pass just inside the area and took a quick touch with his right foot and then leathered it into the corner with his left. Goalie no chance! For his second one he and JA Riise were standing over a free kick just outside the area and more or less central to the goal. Ped takes it left footed and floats a beautiful ball over all the defenders heads and it dips under the bar well out of the keepers reach. Just like he used to do for us.

He was also doing a fair bit of tracking back and assisting the defence and overall had an excellent game. I think the old MGP mk1 is back!

for the love of god don't jinx it!! haha

Pull your finger out Pedersen are start performing for the club that pays your wages.

:lol: Mr. Pedagogic over here.

MGP played well today, no doubt about that. He did play as a left midfielder though, but perhaps with more of a free, drifting role than usual. I think the idea was to allow J A Riise to blast forward.

:lol: Mr. Pedagogic over here.

MGP played well today, no doubt about that. He did play as a left midfielder though, but perhaps with more of a free, drifting role than usual. I think the idea was to allow J A Riise to blast forward.

I think this is the tactic we should use as well, only with Warnock bombing forward.

Its a lot easier to have a more creative game and get forward into goalscoring areas when not being asked to track back too much, becasue of scotlands 10 men was easier for him to roam a little, when playing for rovers he is constantly tracking back, Its not so easy to get in those positions when having to start from you own 6 yard box.

If he gets a bit more freedom then his game will pick up, i dont believe his lack of form is his own doing i think its because of the amount of tracking back and covering makes it hard to be in the best positions for a fast attack.

Lets hope that in games we should be dominating he is given the opportunity to attack and not defend then we may see the pederson of old.

The sports news on Radio 1 this morning is annoying me. They talk about Scotland lbeing 'thrashed' 4-0, with one of the goals being a free-kick by ex-Liverpool player John Arne Riise. No mention of the current Premier League player who scored twice. -_-

On the downside did MGP get caught in possesion on a couple of occassions in the centre of midfield. He played a few forward passes that werent accurate and went chasing after the ball only for the Scots to play the ball around him and start an attack against his team.

Ten men Scotland, containing TWO Dingles, pre season, MGP couldnt have had it any easier could he. It wont be that easy on Saturday at Ewood but Peds should be filled with confidence after his two goals.

The sports news on Radio 1 this morning is annoying me. They talk about Scotland lbeing 'thrashed' 4-0, with one of the goals being a free-kick by ex-Liverpool player John Arne Riise. No mention of the current Premier League player who scored twice. -_-

That riled me too.

On the downside did MGP get caught in possesion on a couple of occassions in the centre of midfield. He played a few forward passes that werent accurate and went chasing after the ball only for the Scots to play the ball around him and start an attack against his team.

Downside :o

I'd take that every game for two goals from him

I wonder if now would be a good time to try and sell him, those two goals might have just brought him back to the attention of a few clubs, and maybe even added a bit to his value...

Any club stupid enough to buy him based on one good performance are welcome to him. But who the hell would be so stupid?

Anyone got 'Arry's number?

• 2 weeks later...
"I want to score more than one goal this season, that is obviously a target," he told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

"I am working hard and trying to get in the box and do my shooting and hopefully I can get a goal earlier than last season.

"I am good, I feel well, had a really good summer. We are talking but I try to focus on my football and what happens will come with my agent.

"I just try to focus on what I am doing."

"I think we deserved more against Manchester City," he added. "We created enough chances but football is about taking the chances.

"The new boys did well. We do well but don't win. If we hadn't played well but win that would have been better.

"We have to take the positives though, that is football.

"If we do the same next week against Sunderland hopefully we can score some goals and get three points."

Blackburn's Morten Gamst Pedersen has confirmed contract talks are underway, although he is currently focusing on his football.

why the f""" is it that every season he is discussing a new contract, for god sakes he should be on a performance based contract, beacuse if he was, at this rate he would barely be able to pay for his food bills. :rolleyes:

Also in that interview in the LET he said he's looking to score more than 1 goal, what is 2 goals a more realistic target for u :rolleyes:

we seemed to struggle to get Salgado on board initially, but yet players like pedersen seem to be given new contracts every season - ridiculous

Signs of form returning here. I wonder just how tight he's had to play in recent years at Ewood - The last really decent left back we've had was Le Saux! (Oh for another John Bailey- boys from the blackstuff scouse wig an' all).

I remember talking to Matty Holmes a few months after he arrives and he said it very difficult to fit in to Rovers style of play as a winger because of the ground you have to cover. Never felt he managed it but he was on the verge of an England call at WHU.

Pederson does cover a lot of ground and is apparently one of the first names on the sheet.

• 4 months later...

Archived