BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

I thought he played well in the centre...especially since it meant Ollson could continue on the wing. And anything that keep Keef on the bench is fine by me. As for a new contract, I can't see it if a wage increase is involved. I wouldn't mind a contract that included a bunch of performance incentives, unfortunately Rovers would be unlikely to get him to sign such a contract given he could likely get more money elsewhere.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked what I saw last night, and I think that he is more suited to the middle now than the wing. He is a little bit of a AddEmoticons00915.gifwhen going in for a tackle though.

Think he did well last night, but one swallow does not make a summer and all that good fecal matter.

I would definately look at him as a central midfielder, He can pass and has vision, a new contract? depends what fee we colud get for him and the replacement!!!

Does he deserve an extension to his contract after a few decent performances in the past few games?

Should we continue to play him in the centre with Olsson on the left?

Your thoughts.

No i wouldn't offer him a new contract. Has he been playing better recently but is that due to looking for a new club or after a new contract? If he signs a new deal will he go back to his dire performances?

Olsson for me has to start a run of game on the left wing, Pedersen in the middle i am not so sure will work long term but thats up to Sam.

positive performance from him last night.

too little too late, he has had plenty of chances to prove his worth and i don't think it's wise to simply pop up once in a while and perform when you want a contract/at the end of the season when there is nothing to play for.

time to move him on.

Olsson for me has to start a run of game on the left wing,

100% agree, and something more Olsson is not a coward in the tackle or when he is about to get tackled. So happy with what I have been seeing lately from him.

Say what you want about Hughes but he could judge a player.

To judge from his performance last night I would definitely retain Pedersen.

He has lost some pace but is one of the few players on the staff with guile and skill and to discard that ability would be folly.

If we do release him I would expect a queue of Prem clubs lining up for his services.

Firstly yes you really noticed his femininity last night in the middle. However he played a crucial role in both the opening goals from his new role and he linked up well with Olsson. His passing was also much better than what we have at present in there. If 451 is to be the way forward I think both his left foot and industry could be very beneficial in there for us.

I really hope him and Olsson get a run in those roles for a few games.

It looks like someone's been giving him how to take a corner lessons, I thought. He's seems to be beating his first man and actually delivering decent crosses the last few games.

I'd keep him. He's a player who generally stays fit and I think you're right, Jim Mk 2 - other prem clubs would take him like a shot.

It looks like someone's been giving him how to take a corner lessons, I thought. He's seems to be beating his first man and actually delivering decent crosses the last few games.

I'd keep him. He's a player who generally stays fit and I think you're right, Jim Mk 2 - other prem clubs would take him like a shot.

Problem its unlikely he would accept less than a 3 year deal, plus i doubt he would take a cut in wage (rumoured to be on £40k+). What happens if he goes back to the old, not good enough Pedersen the minute he signs a long term deal. Also do people not have a problem that its taken his contract running out for him to start to snap out of what has been a pathetic 2-3 seasons from him?

Our wage bill is stretched, he is a big earner so i think we should let him go. Olsson looks like he could do a job on the left wing.

Problem its unlikely he would accept less than a 3 year deal, plus i doubt he would take a cut in wage (rumoured to be on £40k+). What happens if he goes back to the old, not good enough Pedersen the minute he signs a long term deal. Also do people not have a problem that its taken his contract running out for him to start to snap out of what has been a pathetic 2-3 seasons from him?

Our wage bill is stretched, he is a big earner so i think we should let him go. Olsson looks like he could do a job on the left wing.

He is very much a confidence player and not the first winger at Blackburn to be targeted by the boo boys and get worse. Maybe its safer in an inside role! I'd like to keep him but we signed him up to a believed salary of 40000 quid a week when other clubs (Spurs) were very keen on him In retrospect we should have let them have him. However if he wants the same wage we cannot pay it. We can finance 3 Ollsens for that sort of money.

• Backroom

I have to admit, at the start of the window I was happy to see him leave. Recent performances have made me rethink... but it is a little strange that he's suddenly started performing as his contract comes up for renewal.

I wonder what he'd accept? If we offer less than 40k p/w I think there would be other clubs in the league that would happily offer 40k to him. Question is, is he worth that type of wage?

its amazing.. he steals a wage for almost 3 years and now 2 good games and everyone is having second thoughts about not renewing his contract..its nice to be a footballer.. play well when you need a new contract.. (Please don't use that word again) around for the rest of the time :rolleyes:

Difficult one. When on top form, his crossing can be devasting. However, he has been so poor for a while now.

Not sure what we should do, but don't think I would be too upset either way.

Maybe its time for a change, for the player and the club.

its amazing.. he steals a wage for almost 3 years and now 2 good games and everyone is having second thoughts about not renewing his contract..its nice to be a footballer.. play well when you need a new contract.. (Please don't use that word again) around for the rest of the time :rolleyes:

I have advocated (along with Majiball) for quite some time thet Pederson would play well as a central midfielder, he looked the business there and surely he is worth two Keefs!!

everything about his game isn there suits our style, a Savage type around him would be a great balance!

He hasnt the pace for a wide man, but he can pass, has vision, closes down well, ok cant tackle, but some top midfielders cant either, and the deft chip for the second goal was quality, along with the link play with Kalinic!! That is football as I see it!!

Quick question - how much would it cost Rovers to replace Ped? Sign him to a new deal and at least get something from his sale at the end of the season.

You think he deserves a payrise? Because thats what he wants to sign a new contract.

Thank you. Let's not forget Pedersen has flattered to deceive for awhile now, and is a far cry from the player of a few years back. It would be more productive to shake things up in midfield, and free up the wage bill, rather than persist with Gamst.

Archived