BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Preview

10th December 2005, a date to remember. The last day that Blackburn Rovers FC defeated West Ham FC in the Premier League, before countless interventions by officials have stolen the points away from us. Not that I’m bitter in anyway towards West Ham or the fact that they have somehow managed to escape relegation when fielding an illegible player and said player managed to score against us when he was stood in an offside position and the ball didn’t cross the line.

west-ham-sheffield-united.jpg

Like I said no bitterness to the cheating…..anyway.

TevezGoalRUK_468x358.jpg

Going back to 2005 only 2 of the team that played that day may feature for Rovers this time round. Morten Gamst Pedersen has not hit the form he reached that season and Tugay is as good as ever, if a tiny bit slower. Depressing to think that only 2 of our 10 elite premiership athletes, and Keith Andrews who is now hitting the kind of level that saw him named league 2 player of the year last season, know what it feels like to beat West Ham.

Remembering the good old days before Sir Trevor took up office inside the FA. Rovers used to enjoy a more healthy home record against the Hammers, most memorably the 7-1 crushing in 2001. It’s a shame Tomas Repka isn’t still with them!

West Ham even used to like us enough to pull results out of the bag to help Rovers out. Most notably in May 1995 and a certain draw with Manchester United.

Match News

Rovers will be without long term absentees Steven Reid and Brett Emerton. Roque Santa Cruz could be in contention for a spot in the 18 as could Vince Grella. Recent knocks to Stephen Warnock and Gael Givet have yet to be assessed.

Whilst West Ham will be without Ashton, Behrami and Gabbidon for certain. With doubts as to the fitness of Tristan, Collinson, Collins, Boa Morte and unbelieveably Keiron Dyer.

BRFC Home Form: WDWDLD

WHU Away Form: DWDDLW

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You hit the nail on the head recalling that "Tevez moment".

I have no time whatsoever for the Argy gimp, he is a cheat and he cheated us big time. Sheffield United were the ones who lost most and all because of West Ham.

I remember the 7-1 win, I was sat in a bar in Ixia, Rhodes with some whammers. Had the last laugh of a fantastic holiday.

Wham have been a Rovers bogey team for many a year. This season more than most wants me to see Rovers bury the hoodoo forever. Not just because its wham, not because of tevez BUT because it the last link this season with INCE.

Rovers have an injury pile up at the wrong time and we have no midfield to speak of.

I think Sam and co will realise that 3 points in this game is a massive massive stride to safety and the team will go all out to ge them.

For me, Rovers have to win. It will be close 2-1 Rovers.

For the record, Collinson is also out.

Of our remaining games, this is one that we can definitely win on paper, but we have struggled against West Ham over recent years. Yesterdays results saw the teams at the bottom move closer together and we are now only a point above the relegation zone, so a win in this game is a must. Sam will have targeted the games that we can get three points from and this is one of them, along with Tottenham, Portsmouth and WBA. If we can win those four games, we will have 42 points which should be enough to stay up.

their away form doesnt suggest they should be hot for this, but they are a serious bogey team for us. I'm just hoping our massive need for points on the board can overcome this and push the players up a gear, plus we can get vital injured players like warnock, nelson and givet back.

I expect Sears and Savio to outpace the sluggish back4 (Oojier/hamstrung Nelsen) enough times to score at least once. Parker a big threat from midfield. Upson injury minor apparently. Compared to Spurs this is a winnable game but I'm not optimistic.

Need to approach with a 4-4-2 game plan.

It will be tough but we need 4 points from our next 2 home games to be on course to be safe. 3 points here would be a huge boost for the lads and put some daylight between them and the bottom 3.

Praying Givet & Warnock (I hear he will) be back in time and hopefully also RSC.

Carlton Cole is out suspended and a few from there midfield are out with injury. The hammers are worried about where there next goal will come from; there most definitely there for the taking.

Carlton Cole is out suspended and a few from there midfield are out with injury. The hammers are worried about where there next goal will come from; there most definitely there for the taking.

We have to take them as it's one of our easier matches and at home. Win this, and we put some points between us and 18th. Plus, every game we win makes it that much harder for Middlesborough and Portsmouth to a winning mentality together.

Portsmouth VS Everton (Got to fancy Everton on form)

WBA VS Notlob (Can be the final nail for WBA)

Newcastle VS Arsenal (Arsenal back in form)

Wigan VS Hull (Wigan could do us a favour)

Middlesborough VS Stoke (A win for us and draw for both?)

Win and it could be a very good Saturday evening. Lose and we shouldn't lose too much ground, but we would have lost the chance to save ourselves early.

massive game for us, 3 points would be very nice. Hope upson is out because hes a very good defender.

Team should be

Robinson

Oojier Samba Nelson (if fit) Zurab Givet (if fit)Warnock (if fit)Olssen

Dunn Tugay Warnock(if fit)Andrews

Diouf Gamst

Santa (if fit) Roberts

gazsimm - I reckon we could win with 13 players in the line-up.

Robinson

Ooijer - Samba - Nelsen - Givet

Diouf - Dunn - Warnock - Pedersen

Roberts - Santa Cruz

[/quote)

sorry if it was not quite clear but i put the players in who are a doubt for the game in the team, then replaced them if they don't make it

1 upfront against West ham/ at home in a game we ideally want to win? Giving them far too much respect with 1 up top alone.

You still haven't realised?

We always play like this. First half, let them push up and try to catch them on the break, let themselves get tired out and hoof it around and hope to get a goal.

Second half - push up thus isolating opposition players. This is exactly the reason why we finish games so strongly and score so many late equalisers/winners. It does work if the defence are switched on and we keep it to 0-0. If we go at them from the get-go, we will be vulnerable near the end (see City and Arsenal when we fell apart).

Archived