BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Preview

Dunny's motivation is that he actually wants to play and perform for us, and would be happy to end his career at ewood.

Santa Cruz however is simply here as a step up to bigger things. Cant believe everyone is so naive when it comes to RSC - He has sulked in the past, and im pretty sure he is sulking again. If he starts banging in the goals again for us, sometime soon then fair enough...but i just cant see it.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunny's motivation is that he actually wants to play and perform for us, and would be happy to end his career at ewood.

Santa Cruz however is simply here as a step up to bigger things. Cant believe everyone is so naive when it comes to RSC - He has sulked in the past, and im pretty sure he is sulking again. If he starts banging in the goals again for us, sometime soon then fair enough...but i just cant see it.

When has he actually sulked? We've had a few interviews abroad where he's outlined joining a bigger club, but he's never thrown his toys out of the pram. And Nicko told us he refused to back his agent when the guy tried to give the board an ultimatum. As for his demeanour on the pitch, I think people read too much into that since the Man.City speculation. He's never been the type to chase every single ball for 90mins.

As for the game, I agree it's as good a chance as any to beat the Hammers, but for some reason that doesn't inspire me with confidence. :wacko:

I have this horrible feeling of deja vu with the situation regarding RSC. When we were relegated last time it was Sutton who was injured for nearly the entire season. We relied heavily on him and when he played, we played well and won games, but all too often he didn't play and we lost. We also had the same sort of unlucky/bad decisions go against us and draws instead of wins.

BFS is a better manager than Brian Kidd so hopefully after Saturday I will be feeling a whole happier, but I was wondering if other people shared my concerns?

Just assuming your diagnosis is correct Hughsey, how is this kind of behaviour going to help RSC in his quest to get to a "Big Club"? Who is going to come anywhere near the "trigger figure" to force Rovers to sell? In fact who is going to be even interested in signing a player with his injury record and no recent form to give them some evidence of his being worth tuppence?

If the present situation continues for more than the next week or two I would say the ONLY other manager anywhere in the World that will take a gamble on signing him would be Mark Hughes, and that is assuming he still has a job at the end of the season, and then he would still have to meet the "trigger figure".

In fact, why don't the Premier League just say that rovers players shouldn't be allowed to tackle the opposition, because clearly we are incapable of doing so without assaulting them :glare: In fact, if it's the big 4 or a london team we shouldn't be allowed within 10 foot of their players if they have the ball...

Hopefully rovers will answer their critics in the best way possible with a resounding win. Have to say am feeling optimistic for at least a point (think spurs will be trickier) and any decent level of performance should be enough to get rovers the win.

Biggest worry is injuries. Our first 11 is far better than our position suggests, our second 11 would look ordinary in the championship. It really depends who we can get playing.

Would like to see us play (injuries permitting) 4-4-2 Robbo, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Diouf, Andrews, Warnock, Peds, Benni, Roberts. Should be more than enough in that team to beat a depleted wham, even with a comparatively weak cm.

If we go 4-4-2 I can see us winning 2-0 or 3-1, but I've a suspicion Sam will go 4-5-1 and we may see a desperate last 10/15 mins of rovers throwing everything forward, frantically trying to get a goal. Even so, it should be a rovers win.

Edit

Just read the West Ham preview - they call sheffield utd morally corrupt?!?!? the mind boggles at their audacity. I really do hope they go down/bankrupt. It takes a lot for a nothing club (which isn't the dingles or think they're a big club) to get me irrate but Wham and their cheating ways have done it.

In fact, why don't the Premier League just say that rovers players shouldn't be allowed to tackle the opposition, because clearly we are incapable of doing so without assaulting them :glare: In fact, if it's the big 4 or a london team we shouldn't be allowed within 10 foot of their players if they have the ball...

Hopefully rovers will answer their critics in the best way possible with a resounding win. Have to say am feeling optimistic for at least a point (think spurs will be trickier) and any decent level of performance should be enough to get rovers the win.

Biggest worry is injuries. Our first 11 is far better than our position suggests, our second 11 would look ordinary in the championship. It really depends who we can get playing.

Would like to see us play (injuries permitting) 4-4-2 Robbo, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Diouf, Andrews, Warnock, Peds, Benni, Roberts. Should be more than enough in that team to beat a depleted wham, even with a comparatively weak cm.

If we go 4-4-2 I can see us winning 2-0 or 3-1, but I've a suspicion Sam will go 4-5-1 and we may see a desperate last 10/15 mins of rovers throwing everything forward, frantically trying to get a goal. Even so, it should be a rovers win.

Edit

Just read the West Ham preview - they call sheffield utd morally corrupt?!?!? the mind boggles at their audacity. I really do hope they go down/bankrupt. It takes a lot for a nothing club (which isn't the dingles or think they're a big club) to get me irrate but Wham and their cheating ways have done it.

Ive got the same feeling.

I cant see Benni starting up front with Jason. I think we will stick with 4-5-1, which is harder to break down but going forward options are much less, and when Benni has been alongside Roberts, the long balls towards them have been far more effective.

I'd be amazed if Sam reverts to 4-4-2. We have not got a strong enough midfield to play with only four. He'll again go with swamping midfield and prevent the opposotion from playing and prevent them from scoring. He'll then possibly change things and go for it if Rovers are losing.

Some strange but interesting stats from the bbc:

Blackburn have scored more Premier League goals against West Ham than any other club (39).

West Ham have secured more points (41), gained more wins (13) and scored more goals (40) against Blackburn in Premier League matches than against any other club.

and just to set the tone for this match:

Victory will give West Ham their third Premier League double over Blackburn. The previous two came in the last two seasons.

Please, please let us beat West Ham, I've had enough of my Hammers-supprting mate constantly getting to gloat.

Given that both teams are injury-ravaged, who knows what the outcome will be. I'll go for 6-5 to Rovers.

Im going for a 20-19 win for Rovers. Andrews,Benni,Diouf,Roberts,Gamst,Warnock all with 3 tries. And Samba with 2 tries.

Realistically im going for a 2-0 win. Benni and Roberts with the goals.

I'd be amazed if Sam reverts to 4-4-2. We have not got a strong enough midfield to play with only four. He'll again go with swamping midfield and prevent the opposotion from playing and prevent them from scoring. He'll then possibly change things and go for it if Rovers are losing.

Its got to be 4-4-2, yes, we are weak in midfield but Rovers are at home, the local paper is saying MaCarthy will start with Jason Roberts up front.

They've got the opportunity to strut their stuff and do the business, its down to them to do it now, absolutely nothing to do with the crowd.

Cant say i'm confident on this one, just hopefull.

Fingers crossed, looking for both Robbo's to shine now .

i was just wondering, is it going to be on a radio station? other than radio rovers? i dont really want to pay to listen!

2-1 rovers!

John Williams will be so pleased to hear that. You do realise that the money goes to the club you support, right?

John Williams will be so pleased to hear that. You do realise that the money goes to the club you support, right?

but then i traveled from winchester last year to ewood every home game whilst working and studying for a degree in medicine, so you cant have a go, so you cant really question my support! and im sure my 19 pounds will go far to paying robo's wage

Blackburn: Robinson, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Diouf, Mokoena, Warnock, Pedersen, McCarthy, Roberts.

Subs: Brown, Kerimoglu, Dunn, Khizanishvili, Andrews, Villanueva, Treacy.

got a feeling carlos will get 30mins today

3-1 rovers

benni x2

carlos x1 late

Very glad to see Andrews dropped....but for Mokoena? If Dunn is on the bench he should start, I don't care how fit he is.

Archived