BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robbie Savage At The Hordens

Great night Brownie! :tu: Sav was absolutely top drawer and came across as a very down to earth and funny bloke.Good luck to him when he retires in his pursuit of a media career,i think he will do a lot better than some of the boring buggers we get on telly at the moment!

Well done Brownie,however the problem you now have is how are you going to top that? :P

This was my first time of coming to one of these do`s but hopefully it won`t be the last! Also rumours where afoot that Kevin Gallagher was next up,is this true?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to thank Brownie. Great evenings. Packed house. Sound spot on this time. Ok could have turned it up even more as players forget to speak directly into it and it wasn't overly loud at the back.

Fantastic player Sav. You can see why managers like him, buy him, but then end up selling him. He want's first team football all the time.

Brownie - only one slight point and I know you try. Can we get a lot of questions up front for the first session. Sav would have been great if we could have asked all the ones we thought about on the way home?!

• Backroom
OK then, this isnt one of the comments Robbie is worried about.

At half time during a game we had started slowly, Sparky launched a verbal assault on Nonda who had had a very poor first half. Nonda then stood up to Hughes and said " I just want love"

Robbie then said " So Morten f###in jumped on him !"

He also said that Sparky had told him he would be the first signing wherever he went after the Wales job " So I was hoping he'd get the f###in Liverpool job to be honest ! "

I'm sure many other stories will be revealed slowly but surely over the coming days, but people know the ones (jokes) Robbie wants keeping in house.

:lol:

Although I liked Nonda, I wonder what he's up to these days

• Backroom

Wow, Brownie any chance of an evening with Shabani Nonda next please?

I was hoping to come to last nights until I realised I had to meet the wedding photographer to see the pics.

Hoping to make the next one they sound a blast.

Just want to thank Brownie. Great evenings. Packed house. Sound spot on this time. Ok could have turned it up even more as players forget to speak directly into it and it wasn't overly loud at the back.

Fantastic player Sav. You can see why managers like him, buy him, but then end up selling him. He want's first team football all the time.

Brownie - only one slight point and I know you try. Can we get a lot of questions up front for the first session. Sav would have been great if we could have asked all the ones we thought about on the way home?!

I did ask for questions pretty regularly on here and facebook and wasnt snowed under with questions.

As for Kevin Gallacher, we'll definitely have him on sometime this year, though Hendry and Flowers are also on the hit-list.

Sutty lives in Norwich apparently and Big Al is a bit busy !

I did ask for questions pretty regularly on here and facebook and wasnt snowed under with questions.

As for Kevin Gallacher, we'll definitely have him on sometime this year, though Hendry and Flowers are also on the hit-list.

Sutty lives in Norwich apparently and Big Al is a bit busy !

what about steve Archibald, he must have some stories to tell after is career at ewood!!!

Only problem was the distraction caused by Lpool and Chelsea continually scoring and distracting attention from the main event. :rolleyes: Given his unpopularity with fans of vteams that bhe has not played for that donation to charity needs publicising wider than the confines of this mboard. He really had no need to be bothered. All credit to the guy.

Just wanted to add my thanks Brownie - another fantastic evening, and I am now completely in love with Robbie Savage! You could have paid 5 or 6 times the price for that time with a stand up comic and not laughed nearly as much! I disagree about the football being on, thought it was very funny every time he shouted "GOAL!" - everyone glanced at the telly, saw no goal and looked back at Sav who was sat grinning away saying "Haha, got you!"

As my 3 favourite Rovers players are Jansen, Sav and Gally I'm just as excited to hear that Kevin may be up in the future, I'll be camping out for tickets for that one!

Would just like to mention that I appreciate how the stories from the night are being kept off this site.

If these nights are to continue and be as interesting as they are, the various stories need to be kept in-house.

Robbie didnt travel all the way to Blackburn for no money, other than a donation to charity, to be dropped in it on a messageboard for being open and honest with those who came to see him.

Thanks again.

Brownie

Robbie didnt travel all the way to Blackburn for no money, other than a donation to charity, to be dropped in it on a messageboard for being open and honest with those who came to see him.

Thanks again.

Brownie

But he does apparently have a book coming out in due course so you should be able to catch up on some of the details then! I hope everyone on the m/b will buy a copy!

:P

But he does apparently have a book coming out in due course so you should be able to catch up on some of the details then! I hope everyone on the m/b will buy a copy!

:P

Odd on he calls it "Savaged"

Would just like to mention that I appreciate how the stories from the night are being kept off this site.

If these nights are to continue and be as interesting as they are, the various stories need to be kept in-house.

Thanks again.

Brownie

Wouldn't it be rather naive to gig at a crowded pub and NOT expect stories to slip out? :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be rather naive to gig at a crowded pub and NOT expect stories to slip out? :rolleyes:

No-one can control people having conversations but we can control what goes on websites

I think the people who turned up appreciated Robbie travelling for nothing in return and his honesty. Hopefully they will respect that and keep the info in-house.

Last thing we want is Robbie getting in trouble for the night.

Cheers everyone.

I consider it a fair price brownie for the privilege of being there :rover:

Sav could have been far more candid than he was, and therefore less entertaining, but I think he appreciated us rovers fans when he was here, and was probably thrilled with the reception that he got on the night, so he trusted us.

Lets face it, you will only put on further nights if small requests like this are adhered to, and I for one am looking forward to those you have planned for the future!

Thanks again!

No-one can control people having conversations but we can control what goes on websites

I think the people who turned up appreciated Robbie travelling for nothing in return and his honesty. Hopefully they will respect that and keep the info in-house.

Last thing we want is Robbie getting in trouble for the night.

Cheers everyone.

It would make your job of getting other stars for similar nights nigh on impossible too.

It would make your job of getting other stars for similar nights nigh on impossible too.

Very true plus Robbie deserves we respect his wishes when like I say, he travelled up because he appreciates the fans and did the evening to have a good laugh and give something back.

Talking to him in private, he's a top bloke you know, and he really enjoyed the evening.

He might be a wealthy man but he appreciates each and every fan

Lets hope he comes up again to promote his new book !

Any chance of anyone telling me what was said? Missed it on bloody holiday. Doesn't have to be on here, maybe Msn or something, just really interested to hear some of Sav's tales.

That caps it off perfectly then. Which charity Brownie?

Be nice if you could pass on the thanks from people on this site.

He's ringing me tomorrow with the name of the chairty, I'll let you all know when he's rang.

I'm annoyed I missed the evening.

Keep it all in-house because, that way, as Theno said, if you didn't it would jeopardise obtaining future speakers.

Who knows, one day Robbie Savage may become our manager, providing we don't let him down now. :rover:

He probably tells these stories at the sportsmans he does anyway, why would he not tell anyone else ?....I say share the wealth for those not able to get there...

Robbie was a star on Tuesday. I doubt he would have been as honest and hilarious were he to know that his stories would get out beyond the privileged few who were in the Hordens that night. We have sworn an oath to secrecy and have rolled up our right trouser legs and shook on it. Hail King Robbie :rover:

Archived