BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robbie Savage At The Hordens

Robbie was a star on Tuesday. I doubt he would have been as honest and hilarious were he to know that his stories would get out beyond the privileged few who were in the Hordens that night. We have sworn an oath to secrecy and have rolled up our right trouser legs and shook on it. Hail King Robbie :rover:

Couldn't put it better myself !

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

He was doing commentary for five live, apparently he reitterated the point that Tugay was the best player he ever played with.

• 2 weeks later...

Savage is on Radio 5 Live at the moment, practicing for his Hordens appearance as the co-commentator for Wigan v Hull.

He was doing commentary for five live, apparently he reitterated the point that Tugay was the best player he ever played with.

His 5 live work drawing praise from the most unlikely source (Brian Moore's column in last Thursday's Daily Telegraph)

Savage a breath of fresh air

Radio 5 Live’s football coverage this week included as a co-commentator a player who would be nobody’s selection in a list of the top 10 most articulate footballers (if that is not an oxymoron) – Robbie Savage.

However, his observations and thoughts made during the Aston Villa v Hull match were entertaining, direct and refreshing; a mile away from Sir Trevor Brooking’s ubiquitous: “Well, I’m sure he wishes he’d done better.”

Savage’s musings were made in the accent and language of the very common man, but this did not matter because he added colour and insight and was not afraid to be direct about fellow professionals when he thought it was justified. Surely it will not be long before he takes his place in the BBC’s Match of the Day panel.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Listening to the MU v Big club match on Radio Five and Sav was partnering Alan Green in the commentary box. Damned good job he made of it too. I think we will hear a lot of Robbie in future in the media.

btw I'd bet that we might be the first club that he's left that would not consider booing him if he came back to Ewood with another club.

btw 2 How many can remember the chorus of opposition to signing him from our resident know nowt 'lady' members when he was first talked about? :lol: Hang your heads girls.

Listening to the MU v Big club match on Radio Five and Sav was partnering Alan Green in the commentary box. Damned good job he made of it too. I think we will hear a lot of Robbie in future in the media.

Heard a bit of him on the radio too, spoke very well.

• 3 weeks later...

btw I'd bet that we might be the first club that he's left that would not consider booing him if he came back to Ewood with another club.

btw 2 How many can remember the chorus of opposition to signing him from our resident know nowt 'lady' members when he was first talked about? :lol: Hang your heads girls.

He came back with Derby last season and got cheered, best player on the park that day as well if i remember rightly.

Brownie - if you're reading this - and if you still have some kind of contact with Sav,

Salgado was interviewed by Radio Rovers before the home game with West Ham. He made the comment that Rovers were a historic club [that's been quoted on here before]. When asked what he knows about us, he said he recalled that we had won the Prem Title a few years ago. He was asked if he knew any rovers players, - to which he replied "well I remember Shearer and I remember Savage".

I'm sure Sav would be well pleased to know that he and Alan Shearer had captured the imagination of Real Madrid's Michel Salgado!

Brownie - if you're reading this - and if you still have some kind of contact with Sav,

Salgado was interviewed by Radio Rovers before the home game with West Ham. He made the comment that Rovers were a historic club [that's been quoted on here before]. When asked what he knows about us, he said he recalled that we had won the Prem Title a few years ago. He was asked if he knew any rovers players, - to which he replied "well I remember Shearer and I remember Savage".

I'm sure Sav would be well pleased to know that he and Alan Shearer had captured the imagination of Real Madrid's Michel Salgado!

More like ........ 'well I remember Alan Shearer as the best striker in Europe by a mile and I remember taking a picture of Savage to my hairdressers to see if she could copy the style'. :D

• 9 months later...

I wonder which club football fans in general associate Robbie with most? Rovers, Leicester or Brum?

Most likely Leicester I would have thought, he enjoyed the most success there. However with a character like Robbie you never know.

From Football 365 today ......

"I went for a 30 minute run on the beach with someone this morning and commented that the altitude wasn't really affecting me until they pointed out we were on the beach" - Robbie Savage shows why the BBC are grooming him to be their new star.

Insert blonde gag of your choice here.....

Archived