BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robbie Savage At The Hordens

Guest Vinjay606

He threw Maldini's shirt in the trash. Wouldn't mind a few BRFC players doing that with Man United shirts actually.

When do Man United shirt sales reach their peak? Bonfire night.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember him getting a very public dressing down from Bobby Gould for a stunt he did on TV with an Italian player's shirt (Maldini??) in advance of an international match several years agi. Can't remember the details but it was hilarious. Does anyone else remember this and could there be a question asked about it?

I think it was along the lines of they swapped shirts and Robbie threw maldini's shirt on the floor. Gould told him that he should show more respect for a legend.

I think it was along the lines of they swapped shirts and Robbie threw maldini's shirt on the floor. Gould told him that he should show more respect for a legend.

Here's praying he turns up !!!

Anybody with any last minute question suggestions ?

Ask him why he looked so upset when Andre broke his leg at Man City?

ooijer1.jpg

Thats a pretty stupid question if you don't mind me saying so oz. :blink:

He'd obviously just discovered that a stretcher bearer had nicer hair than his with not a split end in sight. Tugay looked pretty miffed about the same thing as well.

Thats a pretty stupid question if you don't mind me saying so oz. :blink:

He'd obviously just discovered that a stretcher bearer had nicer hair than his with not a split end in sight. Tugay looked pretty miffed about the same thing as well.

Your sense of humour is showing again.

what a great bloke, very open and up for a laugh, quality night. Loved hearing some of the stories about current players, nice to hear he still thinks Tugay is the best player he's played with, shame we didn't find out who the mystery p1sser is :tu:

A great night, Sav is a true character and he will be missed in football when he eventually retires!

came across as a very genuine and pragmatic guy who just wanted to play football. I think I'm allowed to say this in that he actually accepted less money from rovers in order to move here, as by doing so the money we saved on his wages went towards the transfer fee. I was suprised at that, and its nice to hear that someone would go to these lengths to play football in todays money orientated game.

Thanks for putting it on Brownie, I look forward to seeing who you get in next! Certainly worth being tired at work today

A great night, Sav is a true character and he will be missed in football when he eventually retires!

came across as a very genuine and pragmatic guy who just wanted to play football. I think I'm allowed to say this in that he actually accepted less money from rovers in order to move here, as by doing so the money we saved on his wages went towards the transfer fee. I was suprised at that, and its nice to hear that someone would go to these lengths to play football in todays money orientated game.

Indeed. I got the feeling that he was expecting a round of applause for announcing that he would settle for £4k pw less than agreed simply to move the stalemate forwrad. :rolleyes: Of course the magnaminity of his gesture all depends on what he was earning at Brum. :rover:

Well yeh, thats true I suppose. What he earned is always going to be a million miles from what any of us less privileged normal people get! But it was just nice to hear that someone wanted to come and play for Rovers, rather than people looking for the first chance to get out a la bentley. Sav clearly has some sort of affection for rovers still or I doubt he'd be sitting in a pub on a tuesday night talking in front of 200 people. It was nice to hear that he holds us up there as the best time of his career, and it was a shame that his injuries ended this time somewhat prematurely

Indeed. I got the feeling that he was expecting a round of applause for announcing that he would settle for £4k pw less than agreed simply to move the stalemate forwrad. :rolleyes: Of course the magnaminity of his gesture all depends on what he was earning at Brum. :rover:

As other people have mentioned it already..........

I thought that episode as Sav described it was wholly unprofessional on our part.

When manager of Wales Sparky says he'll make Sav his first signing when he gets to a Prem League Club and is true to his word.

Sav asks for a move and is completely frozen out at Brum. Birmingham set the minimum fee for which he can leave. We start off by offering appropximately one third of that, eventually increasing the offer in dribs and drabs but stopping at a figure about 500k short of what Brum wanted.

At this stage Sav is in a complete state of limbo having burnt his bridges completely at Brum and the only way the move proceeds is by him funding the difference himself by agreeing to a cut in wages.

No wonder David Gold had a few uncomplimentary words to say about us at the time. And if we can act like that we can hardly complain if other Clubs try to mess us about with our players - i.e. Citeh over Roque.

As for Sav himself - what a great bloke. I can't think of many loaded ex Prem footballers who would make the effort to do a night like last night, and particularly not in mid season the day after a hard game.

In my view we really miss his influence in the dressing room and on the pitch. I don't think we'd have folded at Anfield on Saturday like we did with him (fully fit) out there.

Great night Brownie - it will be hard to top that one but keep them coming. And many thanks for letting us in at the last minute!

I'm sure big Colin would be game for that as he's often at Ewood. depends where he is living nowadays i guess!

I think Tim Flowers would be a good shout aswell

The problem with ex Prem players is that none of them need the money and I wouldn't have thought many would be prepared to do it for a manageable fee.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, already trying on the next one.

I'm sure Sav appreciates the keeping of certain comments 'in-house', everyone who was there will know exactly what I mean.

And just one minor foot-note to the evening, Sav donated all his appearance fee to charity.

So giving up his evening and the long drive was just something he wanted to do and he enjoyed.

He is also a top top snooker player, knocked in a 50 break in his first game !

And just one minor foot-note to the evening, Sav donated all his appearance fee to charity.

So giving up his evening and the long drive was just something he wanted to do and he enjoyed.

That caps it off perfectly then. Which charity Brownie?

Be nice if you could pass on the thanks from people on this site.

Fair play to Robbie for donating the fee.

Me and my mate were discussing afterwards who might be as entertaining or interesting, and the only name we could agree on was Colin Hendry.

That caps it off perfectly then. Which charity Brownie?

Be nice if you could pass on the thanks from people on this site.

He didnt say actually ! hope its not his for his wife's operation he's so looking forward to !! ;)

What about Shabana Nonda's half time comment !! Absolute gem that one.

Not sure Morten would agree !

Archived