BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blues Bar

I imagine I was expressing the futility of moaning on the internet rather than telling the club why the oft heaving Blues Bar has been replaced with a seldom busy Blues Bar.

They could have put chips on the menu then.

I am trying to get the general consensus of the regular punters then maybe contact the catering manger and see where we can go from there.

If this is an issue that you are not interested in why bother? You don't go in at half time so you probably don't understand the changes that have been made.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am trying to get the general consensus of the regular punters then maybe contact the catering manger and see where we can go from there.

Which is to be commended.

If this is an issue that you are not interested in why bother? You don't go in at half time so you probably don't understand the changes that have been made.

I used to go in pre/post and and half time. And agree wholeheartedly (although without the detailed knowledge of half time this season).

So I am interested, but was making the point that the club NEED to know - as o2g is passing this to the club via the fans forum and Mel then it is and should be pursued.

Which is to be commended.

I used to go in pre/post and and half time. And agree wholeheartedly (although without the detailed knowledge of half time this season).

So I am interested, but was making the point that the club NEED to know - as o2g is passing this to the club via the fans forum and Mel then it is and should be pursued.

Cheers, I am happy that o2g has got involved, that is exactly the response I wanted. hopefully I will get feedback and I will be happy to pursue it further if need be.

I would rather issues were dealt with at this stage than lose some of the members resulting in the Blues halftime membership being devalued. I see a couple of people have already commented that they will not be renewing next season, I myself will certainly be renewing.

I'd be interested to hear folks' views on Blues and stadium catering in general over the next couple of weeks. Is this view on Blues representative?

The Fans Forum is meeting on 1st June and Mel, Rovers Catering Manager, will be coming along to discuss catering so it's your chance to tell us what you think so that we can go with some proper feedback and preferably some ideas for next season.

Don't know about Blues as I rarely go in, though I was there Saturday. On saturday in the JW upper at half time the beer went off just before the second half started. I'd just got to the fron of the queue. One of the staff went to change the barrel. The other two staff then went into a little huddle in the corner and messed about pretending to be tidying up. This was while I and two other CUSTOMERS stood waiting to be served. They assumed we wanted beer but made no attempt to ask if we needed anyhting else. None of us wanted beer. We had to shout to the staff to get their begrudding attention to serve us.

The hot drinks are still awful.

This why I very occassionally spend 80p on a chunky Kit Kat (usually if we are getting beat and I need comforting) and not another penny in the concourse.

I recognise the problems but if Rovers want us to spend money they need to make it easier

This why I very occassionally spend 80p on a chunky Kit Kat (usually if we are getting beat and I need comforting) and not another penny in the concourse.

Go steady. That's where Benni went wrong Paul leading up to Christmas.

QUOTE (Ste B @ May 13 2009, 01:16 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can you be renowned for serving a chip butty in a polystyrene tray for 1.70, which given the now frugal portions probably costs 10p per chip.

We at least used to get a half decent selection at half time, but ever since its appeared a new bloke took over and moved everything about its gone down hill. Service on Saturday was not good.. how difficult is it to remember the prices when theres only 5 options on the menu.

I believe the food before the match is a different option to what we're served up with at half time, and is at least ok.

P.S Pafell - its 3.00 a pint at half time so its easily the most expensive pint around.

I didn't go in at half time so was not awhere it was £3.00 a pint. I did notice the food menu before the match was different for the half time. This was clearly printed on the menu that was on each table and was also written on the notice board.

its' a rip off just like it is inside the ground and the beer is awful anyway, I always go to a pub before a game and after the game now, better pints and a lot cheaper.

Me too, anyone who relies on "corporate/stadium" food and drink deserves all they get.

It's like motorway services. Food is awful and overpriced, everything costs more than anywhere else.

Carton of half-time chips? £1.50

Ha ha ha.

Go steady. That's where Benni went wrong Paul leading up to Christmas.

That's maybe why they started to cut down on the portions, they didn't want a Blackburn End full of Benni's...

Me too, anyone who relies on "corporate/stadium" food and drink deserves all they get.

It's like motorway services. Food is awful and overpriced, everything costs more than anywhere else.

Carton of half-time chips? £1.50

Ha ha ha.

I've not got an issue with paying a little bit over the odd's for a beer as it is in a football stadium and you would expect to pay more. I choose to go in after the game rather to one of the surrounding boozers so I'm happy to pay an extra 20p or so a pint, all I ask for is an improvement to the service and catering so it is back to the standard it was at in previous seasons.

Ive just about abandoned the Blues Bar for the surroundings of the Ewood Arms. OK it is slumming it, but a least you can sing, chant and get excited without being glared at and told off.

I didn't even know you could go in the Blues Bar at half time, thought you had to just stay in the concourse

You can, never done it myself as im not a big fan of the place, but i think its £40 a season for a blues bar pass which entitles you to entry before and after the game, and also half time.

Ive just about abandoned the Blues Bar for the surroundings of the Ewood Arms. OK it is slumming it, but a least you can sing, chant and get excited without being glared at and told off.

Price of chips is all that matters,how much in the Ewood arms.

I go in the Blues Bar before the game and very occasionally after.

You do pay £1 to get in if you don't arrive before 1 hr 30 mins before kick off I think.

I agree with some of the earlier comments about arrogant bar staff - some of whom have definitely not got any perception of the customer being important. Some of them are OK though.

I can't get a grip on they way they change policy though. Sometimes you are queuing outside because the bar has reached capacity (which I presume is due to safety regulations), then other times fans are packed in like sardines and the former rule does not seem to apply!

I have had pie, peas and gravy and it has been OK but would not go for any of the other food as it seems to be overpriced for the quality (I appreciate it's mass catering and it has sometimes been kept hot for a while).

I'd be interested to hear folks' views on Blues and stadium catering in general over the next couple of weeks. Is this view on Blues representative?

The Fans Forum is meeting on 1st June and Mel, Rovers Catering Manager, will be coming along to discuss catering so it's your chance to tell us what you think so that we can go with some proper feedback and preferably some ideas for next season.

Views on the BBE upper

1) Price - as an example can get a bag of chips for a pound near the ground - think it's £1.60 for about half a dozen chips in the ground. Hot drinks are ridiculously over-priced for what they are

2) Service - staff behind the counter not particularly interested in the customer, usually get the sums wrong so you need to be very careful

3) Quality - generally poor - food is pretty tasteless

Views on the BBE upper

1) Price - as an example can get a bag of chips for a pound near the ground - think it's £1.60 for about half a dozen chips in the ground. Hot drinks are ridiculously over-priced for what they are

2) Service - staff behind the counter not particularly interested in the customer, usually get the sums wrong so you need to be very careful

3) Quality - generally poor - food is pretty tasteless

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. The people responsible for catering do not seem to appreciate that there is just 15 mins to stash the cash. Poor organisation and too extensive a menu slow the whole shabang down.

btw .......... Is there a facilty available for customers to pay by card? If so that should be the first thing in the waste bin. Waiting for clearence is simply not profitable given the criteria.

Don't think they accept cards.

Paying peanuts isn't the issue as catering staff look like they are Saturday jobbers. 25 years ago I worked on a chip van and I was always nice and polite. And I could add and subtract.

God, I sound like my old man!

I've said it before, but to beat a dead horse, they fail at having popular items such as tea on a cold day ready to go en masse. I shouldn't have to spend the entire halftime in a short line and just get served at the end.

I go in the Blues Bar before the game and very occasionally after.

You do pay £1 to get in if you don't arrive before 1 hr 30 mins before kick off I think.

Is that still right? i went in last Saturday for the first time in a long while. I expected to be asked to show my ST or for £1 but neither happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bouncing this to the top as we will be setting the agenda for the Fans Forum tonight for the meeting next Monday and would welcome any feedback on anything to do with catering in the ground (not corporate).

feedback as requested. Comment on what i have had and why it is only what i have had.

HAD, PIES and PASTIES, on one occation I had a potatoe pie that was, well no more than I expected. More often than not my mate gets hungry at half time and gets whatever, he feels guilty about being a fat get and buys me a PIE. The PIES by halftime are HOT but now dry crusty and hard. I would NEVER pay for one again myself EVER.

Ive seen people walk away with hotDog on dry bun... How awful!!!

Ive seen kids come away with a sugesested before about 10 chips in a carton...

WHAT would be wrong with BIG pans of cornBeef HASH of STEW in chip trays for £1... That would sell out every game. Would take no time at all to serve.

Whats wrong with favourite local foods being served? AND FFS don't get Howarth to make the stew, it would end up a £10 a scoop!!

Just bouncing this to the top as we will be setting the agenda for the Fans Forum tonight for the meeting next Monday and would welcome any feedback on anything to do with catering in the ground (not corporate).

That is isnt a good idea to tell a crowd of people outside a pub that "Sorry mate its already over capacity and we can't let anyone else in" to then allow 7 extra people in on production of a membership card....

.... went down really well yesterday with some people.

I am a blues bar half time member and go in at half time every home game without fail.

I used to get some food in there but it seems to expensive for what you actually get and it has gone down hill in the taste factor.

Also why have they gone to plastic trays when the plates where just as good they are probably to lazy to clean up. If they got rid of the plastic trays they could possibly reduce the costs which would be better in the long run.

Hope this option gets put to the fans board on 1st june. As this all needs sorting before next season otherwise i will not be renewing.

That is isnt a good idea to tell a crowd of people outside a pub that "Sorry mate its already over capacity and we can't let anyone else in" to then allow 7 extra people in on production of a membership card....

.... went down really well yesterday with some people.

I couldn't get in after the game even with my Blues Bar pass, there was 3 of us amongst others waving our passes at the doormen but could not get in. This isn't a complaint, just a fact as you can't guarantee entry to members before and after the game, only at half time.

I appreciate that the bar was full and I didn't see anyone gain entry in 20mins of trying to gain entry myself. We went up to the Fernhurst instead and had a cracking pint or three.

The service and the food had seemed to improve a little on Sunday, or had I drank a little more than usual???

All in all, the service and menu must be improved. We need better bar staff and a very simple quick menu for half time. Having said that, without doubt I will be renewing my membership next season.

Archived