Stoke..............9/4 - 3.8

Mackems.........9/2 - 6.4

Wigan..............9/2 - 7.2

Bolton.............5/1 - 7.2

Blackburn........15/2 - 9

Portsmouth.......8/1 - 7.2

Fulham............11/1 - 13.5

WHU................12/1 - 12

Where else can you invest £1000 and get £1630 back less than a year later.

Wigan and Portsmouth too big I think. Mackems too short, they will be better next year.

There is a big queue to be relegated next season - I can see 34 points being plenty to stay up.

Relegation odds - Paddy Power - Betfair

B*****Y..........1/2 - 1.63

Big Club...........4/6 - 1.88

Wolves............5/6 - 2.1

Hull.................5/6 - 2.3

Stoke..............9/4 - 3.8

Mackems.........9/2 - 6.4

Wigan..............9/2 - 7.2

Bolton.............5/1 - 7.2

Blackburn........15/2 - 9

Portsmouth.......8/1 - 7.2

Fulham............11/1 - 13.5

WHU................12/1 - 12

Where else can you invest £1000 and get £1630 back less than a year later.

Just as likely to lose 1k in my opinion, if Hull and Stoke can stay up, no real reason why the Dingles can't.

If I was having a bet on it I'd be tempted to lay them for relegation at that short price.

Hull must be a good bet and there might be some real value in Wigan if Bruce departs for Sunderland.

Right now i'd say betting on Burnley to go down is throwing money away !

Their downfall will be the small squad but they have the room to improve it would you not say, so Burnley for relegation is just wishful thinking and purely overlooking Rovers current weaknesses.

They have 21 players and 3 are goalkeepers. At least 7 of these are far too old/slow/sh!t to play in the Prem.

They have had a remarkable injury free season.

They need 11 outfield players before the season starts, even then 6 of the remaining 11 have already failed in the Premier League.

If they try to play any football they will just keep losing 3-0 to free-kicks and corner goals, or get picked off at will by better teams (that even happens to us away) like West Brom.

Anyone think they will spend more than 7-8 million? Don't think so, especially as they've given free season tickets away, and that clearly will be £15-20M short of what they need to get a decent squad.

Also are they going to pay £40K per week, don't think they'll do that either, so any players they attract, like us, will be poor at best.

Look forward to seeing some dross from Scotland arriving at t'Turf

We have a manager who knows how to accrue Premier League points thankfully, even with Andrews in the team. (can't resist)

Right now i'd say betting on Burnley to go down is throwing money away !

Their downfall will be the small squad but they have the room to improve it would you not say, so Burnley for relegation is just wishful thinking and purely overlooking Rovers current weaknesses.

I don't really see what our " current weaknesses " have got to do with it. unless you think we're that bad we'll finish below them. 3 out of 20 go down, I'm not a betting man but they must me almost certain to fill one of those places.

I don't really see what our " current weaknesses " have got to do with it. unless you think we're that bad we'll finish below them. 3 out of 20 go down, I'm not a betting man but they must me almost certain to fill one of those places.

We are that bad and may wll share one of the bottom three spots with The Dingles.

I'm with Nicko on Portsmouth. In financial meltdown and trying to sign Moko to boot :blink:

Any chance of the Hammers going into administration and getting a 10 point deduction?

The Premiership is governed by its own set of rules. I.e. if you're a media darling you can do what you want. The Hammers were found guilty over the Tevez affair and it's taken over 3 years to do.... diddly squat.

Pompey would be a good bet for me and even Wigan. If Bruce leaves for a 'bigger club' it could put Wigan in a really difficult situation as most of their better players are being bought by other clubs and they struggled really badly for goals last season (34 goals) and finished the season really poorly. However, Pompey are likely to lose their key players (Crouch, Johnson, etc) and I would have to go for them.

I guess the bookies have factored new ownership with money into the Pompey price to sucker quite a few.

Thought that myself when I saw the news. Still, they're being linked with Marc-Antoine Fortune today...if he's being lined up to replace Crouch they could still be in trouble. Wouldn't surprise me to see Glen Johnson end up at Liverpool either.

Portsmouth and Hull standout at me from thoose odds.

Arsenal at 9/1 to win the league could also be a decent bet if they bring in a couple of big signings this summer.

My thoughts exactly. a couple of signings and a bit more luck on the injury front and they'll be up there next season.

9/1? worth a few quid of anyone's money. it's a good double with the dingles to go down, 14/1 with Skybet.

Ladbrokes are running a book on who will be the Premier Leagues biggest spender this summer. They have Man City at Evens and Chelsea at 5/2. Surely no-one will come close to outspending these two?

If that is the case, if you invest £1.75 on City for every £1 you bet on Chelsea, you're almost guaranteed a return of 127%.

ie. £175 on City, £100 on Chelsea is a total outlay of £275, returning £350 if City or Chelsea are the biggest spenders.

It could be risky but realistically - Chelsea are the only club that can spend as much as City (unless this Portsmouth guy means business - they are 12-1, United 3-1, Liverpool 12s)

EDIT - I suppose Sunderland and Villa could spend big, but still don't see them getting close to City or Chelski. City have started already and Roman is bound to give Ancelotti money to try and win the Champions League.

my money would go on

B'ham

wolves/hull

Burnley..

if im honest i can see all of the above becoming a yoyo team jumping between the prem and champ.. the 3 that have just come up aint really going to attract many players of decent quality as they aint as big as the rest of the clubs in the prem that thave been there for quite a while

Archived