BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good Vision by Judge then, and a nice little ball through....Given the chance Judge could make an impact this season.

I agree.

I am hoping youngsters N'Zonzi, Judge, Doran, Gallagher all will have the opportinuty to make an impact this year.

I agree.

I am hoping youngsters N'Zonzi, Judge, Doran, Gallagher all will have the opportinuty to make an impact this year.

Gally is 25 in less than a month, hardly a youngster! I'm excited about Judge, N'Zonzi and Hoilett...I think this season might be a little too soon for Doran, he could really do with a loan spell somewhere in the Championship first, like Judge at Plymouth last season.

Just got back, live 35 mins away. Very easy for Rovers 2 different teams in each half, but a good work out. Nzonzi looks as though he might be a player very athletic with a good touch, reminds me a little of Viera. 150 Rovers fans there not 15 in a crowd of 1800.

not a bad guess, the official away following was 144: http://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/page/New...1722591,00.html

if anybody has a spare programme they want to sell me, please PM me.

:rover:

By some miracle, I caught the free kick on video.

Also by some Miracle I have Dunn's scissor kick and One of Roberts goals on video (best worked goal of the game) I will try to upload them on you tube late this evening and I will post the link :)

Notes from the game

Jason Brown is no striker :lol: although he did have some nice touches and even found time to do a bit of ball juggling at one point :o

Blackburn support was just over 150 I believe.

Nzoni (spelling) I was really impressed with appears to be same height as Samba!, Has a huge leap as well much bigger than sambas and was winning everything in the air, good touch, good passing and excellent shielding of the ball. Looks a bit light weight so could do with bulking up a bit. I think Sam has unearthed another gem (my only concern is him getting bullied of the ball by a strong midfielder) I think he is good Enough to start already.

Grella - I am really not sure about this fella - one minute doing great passes and throughballs and then next minute playing a sloppy 10 yard pass. Needs to concentrate more. I think he will be one of this players like we saw last season has a couple of good games then has a bad game

Bunn - looked good and relaiable only conecern his refusal to use his left foot and when clearing the ball from a back pass nearly got caught out on couple of occasions.

Pederson and Robinson were there but did not play. Asked Pederson why he was not playing and he said he told Sam he wanted to play but Sam opted to give him more a rest as was on international duty.

Jacobson - looked steady and looked up to pace and should be ok to start at the beginning of the season.

Mcarthy - looked sharp. fit and trim! :P

I thought Gunning looked quite good at the back but was skinned once! He looked taller than i expected.

Givet - was he usual calm self.

Roberts - looked lively and could have scored a couple more if he shot first time rather than trying to take on a couple of player first. shouldnt really be too harsh as he did score twice!!

Dunn - looked a little of the pace but is just recovering from injury so to be expected, was unlucky with the scissors kick and had a 25 yarder that the keeper had to be alert stop. Can anyone else see Dunn filling in to the tugay role sitting in front of the defense if fit?. his range of passing was excellent yesterday

By some miracle, I caught the free kick on video.

Also by some Miracle I have Dunn's scissor kick and One of Roberts goals on video (best worked goal of the game) I will try to upload them on you tube late this evening and I will post the link

Notes from the game

Jason Brown is no striker :lol: although he did have some nice touches and even found time to do a bit of ball juggling at one point

Blackburn support was just over 150 I believe.

Nzoni (spelling) I was really impressed with appears to be same height as Samba!, Has a huge leap as well much bigger than sambas and was winning everything in the air, good touch, good passing and excellent shielding of the ball. Looks a bit light weight so could do with bulking up a bit. I think Sam has unearthed another gem (my only concern is him getting bullied of the ball by a strong midfielder) I think he is good Enough to start already.

Grella - I am really not sure about this fella - one minute doing great passes and throughballs and then next minute playing a sloppy 10 yard pass. Needs to concentrate more. I think he will be one of this players like we saw last season has a couple of good games then has a bad game

Bunn - looked good and relaiable only conecern his refusal to use his left foot and when clearing the ball from a back pass nearly got caught out on couple of occasions.

Pederson and Robinson were there but did not play. Asked Pederson why he was not playing and he said he told Sam he wanted to play but Sam opted to give him more a rest as was on international duty.

Jacobson - looked steady and looked up to pace and should be ok to start at the beginning of the season.

Mcarthy - looked sharp. fit and trim! :P

I thought Gunning looked quite good at the back but was skinned once! He looked taller than i expected.

Givet - was he usual calm self.

Roberts - looked lively and could have scored a couple more if he shot first time rather than trying to take on a couple of player first. shouldnt really be too harsh as he did score twice!!

Dunn - looked a little of the pace but is just recovering from injury so to be expected, was unlucky with the scissors kick and had a 25 yarder that the keeper had to be alert stop. Can anyone else see Dunn filling in to the tugay role sitting in front of the defense if fit?. his range of passing was excellent yesterday

Match Summary: 22 players used - First Team / Reserve mix with 11 subs at half time. Lacksadaisaical first half performance (we were second best but managed a 2 goal lead ) - Andrews free kick : see above and a defensive howler let in Diouf for a party trick finish.

Much stronger second half team led to totally dominant performance.

Two goals from Roberts.

YOUNG / NEW PLAYER FUTURE RATER :

Mark Bunn - Did everything asked of him - physically small - unlikely to succeed at this level

Andy Marrow - not good enough - lacks presence and precision

Gavin Gunning - not good enough - physically good, needs to mature fast to have a chance

Right-winger (Dorran ?) - looked bright and pacy - could have bright future

Don / Dan Blackman - Tall and imposing, didn't really come off for him last night - needs another look

Gally : sorry Paul, a big fan, but your time has gone - lacks the pace for out and out striker role

Lars Jacobsen - impressed. Expect 30 games at right back this year. Very solid, uncomplicated and unfussy. Not tested for pace last night.

Alan Judge - always tries hard, always tries to do the right thing but will always lack the physical ability to be in the the right place with enough time to succeed. Not going to make it.

Steven n'Zonzi : WoW, very impressed. Very Tall, Very Quick. A holding midfield player in the mould of Patrick Viera. Needs to improve passing on deck but expect 15 - 20 starts this year

Keith Treacy : Tall and strong - went off injured last night - make or break season - odds against currently.

• Backroom
Oh yeah, cos he's missed a sitter against cambridge in the 1st pre-season game, thats it, we should get rid again eh? Do me a favour mate....I think gally's worth a punt in a number 10 role....

No, we should get rid becuase he is championship level at best, he's never ever proved himself to be any higher than that and even after playing in the championship for a few seasons he's hardly set that league alight either.

The sooner we get rid the better.

Match Summary: 22 players used - First Team / Reserve mix with 11 subs at half time. Lacksadaisaical first half performance (we were second best but managed a 2 goal lead ) - Andrews free kick : see above and a defensive howler let in Diouf for a party trick finish.

Two goals from Roberts.

Mark Bunn - Did everything asked of him - physically small - unlikely to succeed at this level

Gavin Gunning - not good enough - physically good, needs to mature fast to have a chance

Don / Dan Blackman - Tall and imposing, didn't really come off for him last night - needs another look

Gally : sorry Paul, a big fan, but your time has gone - lacks the pace for out and out striker role

Lars Jacobsen - impressed. Expect 30 games at right back this year. Very solid, uncomplicated and unfussy. Not tested for pace last night.

Alan Judge - always tries hard, always tries to do the right thing but will always lack the physical ability to be in the the right place with enough time to succeed. Not going to make it.

Steven n'Zonzi : WoW, very impressed. Very Tall, Very Quick. A holding midfield player in the mould of Patrick Viera. Needs to improve passing on deck but expect 15 - 20 starts this year

Keith Treacy : Tall and strong - went off injured last night - make or break season - odds against currently.

Fantastic review ed, any first teamers stand out from last season (good or bad)?

Fantastic review ed, any first teamers stand out from last season (good or bad)?

It's always difficult to judge in a game like this because when the kids are around the first team start posturing and only up their game if they're about to be caught out.

NELSEN and GIVET professional as ever.

ANDREWS is a trier

GRELLA best summed up in DuffBear's review - at 29 he could get stronger but never quicker and seems incapable to consistently impose himself on a game

DIOUF gets up the noses of everyone and we (mostly) love him for it

--

BROWN had fun on the right wing in last 10 mins

SAMBA cult hero even with Cambridge Utd???

ZURAB steady

WARNOCK consistently growing towards a club captain

DUNN back from injury and hungry -- needs a lot of fitness(weight loss) -- chances of another 3 month injury this year are high

ROBERTS is Roberts

BELLI MCCarthy-- still on the sweets!

We need more firepower to progress.

No, we should get rid becuase he is championship level at best, he's never ever proved himself to be any higher than that and even after playing in the championship for a few seasons he's hardly set that league alight either.

The sooner we get rid the better.

Poppycock. Gally is as good as Andrews, Grella, Olsson or Gamst...

Poppycock. Gally is as good as Andrews, Grella, Olsson or Gamst...

No he's not. Not in my opinion and not in the opinion of quite a few others. Potentially he looked like he could be. In actual fact he has not improved from when he was a youngster.

Two goals from Roberts.

I hesitate to challenge you, seeing as you saw the game but, I would say that I don't agree with your general conclusion on Judge. He proved that he can handle the physicality of the Championship - which is arguably more bruising on the body than the Premier League. He has fair pace, an eye for a pass and a good work ethic. I don't see why he can't succeed, at least in a squad player role. Physically, he is not far off David Thompson and he has a similar level of tenacity.

If you watch the Blyth match again (if anyone could bear it) you'll see that Judge, whilst not outstanding, was one of the few Rovers players who was consistently finding a team-mate and looking confident on the ball. And he played a wonderful through pass that Derbyshire air-volleyed. I hope Allardyce perseveres with him and sees what he can really do.

On the other hand, I would agree with your "odds against" Treacy succeeding conclusion. He has little vision. You call him "strong" - he must have been working out because last season he was gobbled up by opposition players (once they realised that all he could do was push the ball down the line and run).

Archived