BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Accrington Stanley

The attitude on here sickens me. In reality, a days wages of the top players should be used to help out the founder members of this great sport when they fall on hard times. That won't happen, so I think Burnley and Blackburn should unite to play a game each with Accrington (at the respective bigger stadia -Turd Mound and Ewood) with the proceeds going towards Accrington's debt. If more than 300k is raised then, the rest should be split equally between Rovers and Clarets for their involvement.

Why not help out raise money for another charitable organisation? They need it more!

I don't see fans wanting to help them out but kick up a fuss when it comes to Accrington Stanley! Ridiculous!

Would you rather Rovers pay money to help little disabled children or a football team?

Tough one I guess...

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accrington FC folded, then Accrington Stanley mark 1 folded, now it looks like mark 2 could also fold, bit of a pattern?

They are probably attracting around 800 home fans a game, totally unviable for a professional football club. Leaving the Football League doesnt necessarily mean the end of the club, but lets face facts, sandwiched between Blackburn and Dingleland they are NEVER going to flourish in league football.

Accrington Stanley are a football club like the other 91 football teams around them. They are nothing special. If they can't compete with Rovers then what is that got to do with us? Give them half our support? What?

If they can't afford to be a football team then sod off. I'm sure someone out there can take their place. Rovers need to earn as much revenue themselves before considering Accrington.

Call me selfish, call me what you want. I was bought up supporting Blackburn Rovers and no-one else. I couldn't give a monkeys if anyone went into administration, as long as it isn't Rovers, i'm happy.

Enjoy the rest of the season ;)

Typical arrogant Premiership football fan attitude!

You obviously didn't watch Rovers when they struggled for years before Jack Walker's time.

Hope that Rovers can send the first team for a friendly pre-season?

It's the least they can do.

Just a quick point Accrington Stanley FC ARENT founder members of the football league anyway, bit of a scant regard for the history of the game there.

REALLY?? Well, I shall give my dad a ticking off for that!

Why not help out raise money for another charitable organisation? They need it more!

I don't see fans wanting to help them out but kick up a fuss when it comes to Accrington Stanley! Ridiculous!

Would you rather Rovers pay money to help little disabled children or a football team?

Tough one I guess...

Well, I'm disabled myself (I wear hearing aids and am 18). I ABSOLUTELY understand your point, but how about my first point? A days wages from the top earners taken to help out Accy. And any friendlies profits donated to charity or ploughed back into our club. Sound fair? (Hope i dont sound TOO much of a prat)

REALLY?? Well, I shall give my dad a ticking off for that!

Well, I'm disabled myself (I wear hearing aids and am 18). I ABSOLUTELY understand your point, but how about my first point? A days wages from the top earners taken to help out Accy. And any friendlies profits donated to charity or ploughed back into our club. Sound fair? (Hope i dont sound TOO much of a prat)

Again that money could be spent elsewhere within the club or maybe to help out a charity where it would be more meaningful. It's sad that Accrington are struggling, but Rovers don't need to help them out, we can spend our money elsewhere!

Again that money could be spent elsewhere within the club or maybe to help out a charity where it would be more meaningful. It's sad that Accrington are struggling, but Rovers don't need to help them out, we can spend our money elsewhere!

fine, i give up. You win. Want a cookie?

Typical arrogant Premiership football fan attitude!

You obviously didn't watch Rovers when they struggled for years before Jack Walker's time.

Hope that Rovers can send the first team for a friendly pre-season?

It's the least they can do.

I hope your kidding the only arrogant attitude i sniff is you using the term "It's the least they can do" erm tbh it's not, we are under no obligation to help out other teams however should we help out Accy then its a kind gesture from BRFC. One which should be welcomed by our supporters.

I suggest using the term "it's the least they can do" to your own fans who can't be arsed turning up to your games.

I hope your kidding the only arrogant attitude i sniff is you using the term "It's the least they can do" erm tbh it's not, we are under no obligation to help out other teams however should we help out Accy then its a kind gesture from BRFC. One which should be welcomed by our supporters.

I suggest using the term "it's the least they can do" to your own fans who can't be arsed turning up to your games.

For your info I watch both Rovers and Stanley. I believe you should support your local clubs whatever level they play at!

I don't disagree that the support Stanley get from the people of Accy is shocking.

Stanley have a good supporter in some local asian origin chap, cant think of his name but is one of the stands named after him, he'll surely sort out the inland revenue bill.

He'd be a fool to unless their is an angle for him.

Accy lad born and bread, grandparents used to take me to Peel Park.

Behind the goals, sat on a little wooden stool, rattle in hand, cheering "on stanley on" Furggy was my hero, the only player I remember without having to read the team sheets of the day. Broke my heart when the saturday morning ritual was ended, I was around 9 at the time, This is one supporter Rovers would not have if it had not been for Ferggy, the FA and Rovers buying him.

The loyal people involved with getting Stanley back into the football league do not deserve for the same fate to strike twice (IR).

The majority of the fans who go to Stanley are true stanley supporters, if they are to suffer the same fate I doubt Rovers or Burnley would pick up more than a hand full of there support.

For the sake of football in the old Lancashire cotton towns anyone who can help should help (Burnley owe Accrington Stanley).

Im sure Rovers will do what they can, I really hope they can survive this crisis.

Accy lad born and bread, grandparents used to take me to Peel Park.

Behind the goals, sat on a little wooden stool, rattle in hand, cheering "on stanley on" Furggy was my hero, the only player I remember without having to read the team sheets of the day. Broke my heart when the saturday morning ritual was ended, I was around 9 at the time, This is one supporter Rovers would not have if it had not been for Ferggy, the FA and Rovers buying him.

The loyal people involved with getting Stanley back into the football league do not deserve for the same fate to strike twice (IR).

The majority of the fans who go to Stanley are true stanley supporters, if they are to suffer the same fate I doubt Rovers or Burnley would pick up more than a hand full of there support.

For the sake of football in the old Lancashire cotton towns anyone who can help should help (Burnley owe Accrington Stanley).

Im sure Rovers will do what they can, I really hope they can survive this crisis.

As has been pointed out it's not up to the people of Blackburn or Burnley to help when the citizens of Accy cannot be bothered is it?

They had just under or just over 100 Season Ticket holders!! That's the problem...no support...even after their 30 year long romantic journey back to the LEAGUE. Its the opposite of the Dingles...they glory in the %age of their very small town(and always getting smaller) who go...for some reason 2,000 attendance at Accy is tops. Sustainable - NO

The papers say £300,000 is the debt and thats just two weeks wages for Ronaldo.!!! .New crowd covering was bought last year..this summer they have to install seats.These one off big expenses have contributed to this so I think theres still hope cos maybe they are not operating an massive losses generally..Financial Help with Ground improvements is something they should be entitled to and there is a case that the Football league should step in with this type of help...

As has been pointed out it's not up to the people of Blackburn or Burnley to help when the citizens of Accy cannot be bothered is it?

Your rite it's not, my point is how many fans do both clubs have form Accy and how many less would they have if Accrington had not suffered that fate. I would guess there are around 5000.

The citizens of Accy perhaps would be bothered if the roots of there football heritage had not been distroyed, and if 20% of the estimated figure attended Accy it would make a differance.

Still living in your bomb shelter in Blackburn or Burnley it dosn't matter what happens to local football as long as it does not effect your club.

Wonder if we would have found Derbs, if not for Gt Harwood Town, not to worry though they went bust as well, didn't they?.

Wonder if we would have found Derbs, if not for Gt Harwood Town, not to worry though they went bust as well, didn't they?.

Moot point maybe but I believe we had him and let him go before he went to Gt Harwood didn't we?

Face the reallity of the situation. Stanleys days are behind them............ just like the splitscreen volky in fact. ;)

Moot point maybe but I believe we had him and let him go before he went to Gt Harwood didn't we?

Face the reallity of the situation. Stanleys days are behind them............ just like the splitscreen volky in fact. ;)

Not really, there a bit like Tugay, a class act, performing well for a 42 year old, a crownd puller, has put a smiling face on millions, and would certainly raise your heart beat when the tarmac is under it's wheels.

Don't be decieved by it's brick like design, a few tweeks and you have a devil in disguise.

The unfortunate truth for those with a soft spot for Accy is that the town simply cannot - or will not - sustain a professional league side. If they get out of it this time they will likely lurch from one financial crisis to another. Play a friendly against them by all means but first and foremost the people of Accrington and nearby need to support the club otherwise it is all ultimately futile. If anything they are victims of their own success...they could probably operate nicely as an amateur setup.

An average attendance of 1,415 says it all really.

I remember a few years back when Stanley were playing Droylsden at home, Rovers had no game. There was a special offer on tockets in an effort to encourage new fans to go. This clearly had an effect as the attendance figure was well up. All I heard for almost the full 90 minutes was clueless Stanley fans whinging about there being 'Blackburn day trippers' in the crowd as they didn't recognise a lot of new faces. For that reason alone I couldn't care less what happens to them and certainly wouldn't do anything to help bail them out.

If it wasn't for clowns like that I'd probably have gone to more of their games when we weren't playing, no wonder no-one from the town wants to go.

That's the difference though, it's not a life threatening incident is it? I don't see other Championship clubs helping out Southampton?

We may not have to hand over a penny, but we'd be losing potential profit. We could play another team, where we could gain extra revenue, which could make a difference in our season ahead.

And if your grandma had balls she'd be your grandad!

It's not happened to Rovers, so it's not to bother. Would you feel sorry for those Burnley fans if they went bust, or would you be running the marathon in order to raise money to help them survive?

Didn't think so...

I wouldn't want them to go bust - no. If they were to defunct we would not have a traditional rival. As far as raising money for them - I doubt I would hand any of funds to them, that's not to say I wouldn't if they were looking massively short.

Archived