BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Accrington Stanley

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which bright spark has decided to stage a friendly at Stanley 5 days before the biggest Lancashire derby in years? The Police and clubs are so concerned about trouble at the derby on the 18th that we see almost unprecedented security measures put in place. Not long ago the reserve derby, which should have been played on Stanleys ground, was postponed on Police advise with talk of restrictions on attendance when it is eventually played. Now Rovers are to play at Stanley amidst all the hype of the build up to the big game. Do the Police really not believe nutters from both teams will not look at this as the perfect opportunity to arrange a 'meet' given the arrangements at Ewood just days later all but make that impossible? At the very last I will guarantee there will Burnley fans there spoiling for a fight.

IF the risk of violence at the derby on the 18th is so great that it is necessary to put in place all the draconian measures we will all suffer from (Rovers and Burnley) surely staging a game that could be used by trouble makers to vent their anger towards each other is irresponsible..........but I`ll still be there!

Which bright spark has decided to stage a friendly at Stanley 5 days before the biggest Lancashire derby in years? The Police and clubs are so concerned about trouble at the derby on the 18th that we see almost unprecedented security measures put in place. Not long ago the reserve derby, which should have been played on Stanleys ground, was postponed on Police advise with talk of restrictions on attendance when it is eventually played. Now Rovers are to play at Stanley amidst all the hype of the build up to the big game. Do the Police really not believe nutters from both teams will not look at this as the perfect opportunity to arrange a 'meet' given the arrangements at Ewood just days later all but make that impossible? At the very last I will guarantee there will Burnley fans there spoiling for a fight.

IF the risk of violence at the derby on the 18th is so great that it is necessary to put in place all the draconian measures we will all suffer from (Rovers and Burnley) surely staging a game that could be used by trouble makers to vent their anger towards each other is irresponsible..........but I`ll still be there!

The only bit I bothered to read :tu: . I'll be there too!!

Keep your hair on. All I'm saying is I'd rather not risk our players in a mid-season friendly match.

No you are not. You've been campaigning against helping Stanley all along.

Bought mine from Ewood yesterday.

Our initial allocation is 250 (100 terrace tickets and 150 seats). The terrace holds a few hundred more so more tickets will be there if we need them.

Official site

Ticket has arrived through the post this morning saying "Clayton stand - home support". There must be no segregation for this one.

You can - I don't think they are bothered which end either as the ticket I bought from Ewood is states 'home supporters'

Thanks for the quick reply Ben i will be there im bringing my football virgin girlfriend with me she from Rochdale and thinks Accys ground looks cute ..... should be an interesting night :unsure:

Can anyone tell me if we can pay on the turnstiles on the night not to bothered what end im in cheers

If you want to increase your chances of getting a ticket for the return clash with our neighbors from the cobbled end of the M65 then buy your ticket from Ewood and book it against your buying history. I did this when I bought my tickets ... every little helps.

If you want to increase your chances of getting a ticket for the return clash with our neighbors from the cobbled end of the M65 then buy your ticket from Ewood and book it against your buying history. I did this when I bought my tickets ... every little helps.

Good advice but it dont work for me im not on the database so they wont sell me a ticket, i cant remember the last time i bought a rovers ticket but ive attended every single home game for at least the last 3 years !!!! :glare:

Anyone know if there will be audio/radio coverage on the Rovers website?

It does not look like it - I suppose they would be more interested in people going to the game as this is the aim - to raise money for Accy.

ACCRINGTON: Dunbavin, Sourice, Rimmer, Murphy, Melo, Joyce, Miles, Lloyd, King, McConville, Ami.

Subs: Ryan, Grant, Symes, Procter, Turner, Lees, Winnard, Edwards.

ROVERS: Brown, Ramm, Jones, Givet ©, Olsson; Hoilett, Lowe, McCarthy, Pedersen; Roberts, Kalinić.

Subs: Swann (GK), Chimbonda, Morrissey, Di Santo, Santa Cruz, Haworth, Hall, Marshall

Archived