BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Accrington Stanley

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Progress towards raising £308K but is it enough?

I hope Rovers do something by way of a game like the dingles did. Especially if it is the final big push that actually saves them in October.

I don't understand why everybody has to rally round when the board of directors could raise the cash straight away out of their own pockets to pay for the mess they have landed the club in.

Once the tax debt is paid off, they are far from safe. They are only concentrating on the tax bill as it is only the tax man who can close them down. All other debtors are being ignored.

I don't understand why everybody has to rally round when the board of directors could raise the cash straight away out of their own pockets to pay for the mess they have landed the club in.

Once the tax debt is paid off, they are far from safe. They are only concentrating on the tax bill as it is only the tax man who can close them down. All other debtors are being ignored.

You know this for a FACT do you?

how the hell did Accy get themselves in this mess? Did they not realise, like the rest of us poor overtaxed souls, that they would have to pay tax or face the consequencies?

Sorry but sad as it may be I do not give too much of a monkies about bailing out a badly run failure.

how the hell did Accy get themselves in this mess? Did they not realise, like the rest of us poor overtaxed souls, that they would have to pay tax or face the consequencies?

Sorry but sad as it may be I do not give too much of a monkies about bailing out a badly run failure.

My point exactly. If I made some fatal commercial decisions in my position I would not expect other plumbing and heating companies across the country to join forces and help us get on our feet again. We'd sink just like all the other badly run organisations.

So the 2-3,000 supporters Accy Stanley have got (if they have that many) can choose between Rovers and that lot down the road who to follow next season, and I bet most go to the other end of the M65!

Agreed. I'm an Accy lad and have never had any affinity for Stanley. They cannot survive on gates of 1100. I've heard a few stories about what went on at the club and am not surprised why events are unfolding this way.

Rubbish! Anyone owed money can raise a winding up order.

Not like the tax man can. The companies owed the money by the club would leave a winding up order to the very last resort as a) they are not guaranteed their money back and b, the length of time any monies raised from the winding up order would reach them.

If you look at whats been happening to other clubs in the last few seasons...Bournemouth,Luton Chester etc who probably had even bigger debts, something similar could well happen at Accrington. with points deductions at worse..Maybe it would be goodbye to the Football League if they get a 10 point deduction..

I always thought that fist they needed a County court judgment, then after debt collection agencies failing to recover the debt, they could then apply back to the court for a winding up order, which by then and the cost incurred makes it fruitless unless the debt is substantial.

Even then if an administrator is appointed (CVA) they are likely to get no more than circa 20p in the pound over god knows knows many years.

Failing to pay taxes and now they have to beg others to pay it for them. Very badly run club. I think they should just go under to be honest if they can't keep themselves afloat naturally.

The sort of folks who ran Stanley are exactly the same sort of small town billy big boots who would love to get their hands on Rovers if Jack hadn't had such great foresight to make it extremely difficult to acquire the club from the Trustees.

I feel very much there for but the grace of God go us. It is not the fault of the ordinary folk of Accy those charlatans got hold of their club and did what they did.

I am frankly appalled by the beggar my neighbour attitude of some Rovers fans.

Agree with that. It isn't our responsibility to bail them out, but if the club wants to help a neighbor, I have no problems with that, either.

Sick of clubs whining that they are getting hurt by point penalties when their overspending has given them an advantage to begin with.

I have nothing against helping Stanley - I just wonder why no-one was as bothered by the downfall of so many other British institutions over the years?

I went to the match we hosted years ago for them and will probably drop a few pennies in the pot today but I can't see why so many of you are 'disgusted' with people who refuse to bail a club out that got themselves into this mess.

Just because it may not be the current boards fault did they really not understand what they were getting into when they took it over?

Failing to pay taxes and now they have to beg others to pay it for them. Very badly run club. I think they should just go under to be honest if they can't keep themselves afloat naturally.

Did not Accy have a sponsor go bust - which meant they had less money coming in? If that was the case then it is not just their fault. But the cause of the general credit crunch effecting everybody.

Yeh some people need to get the facts straight before they go round being so arrogant

Accys sponsor went bust, so that pretty much wrecked their business plan. Most teams would struggle without a main sponsor and Stanley aren't exactly flushed with cash

Thought it was a poor effort for the bucket collection today. There were two folk at Top o' th' Croft (walking in from Branch Road) ... but between there and the Blackburn End turnstiles - nothing. So they missed out on my quid. Although I'll prob go to whatever game is arranged, if I can.

Archived