BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Accrington Stanley

Yes I enjoyed the night. Junior was so quick he just left everybody in his wake and Ollson looked class. He's (Junior) going to be good if a bit small. Kalinic made no impression to me. He has a long way to go to become a Premiership striker. I am sad to say it but I think we have bought a pup. (Someone had to be first to say it). He tried hard but if you can't shine in a game like this it's hard to see how you can make it in the Premiership.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did Benni play? It looked like he was in centre mid, how'd he play?

He played centre mid and ran about more in half an hour than he normally does in a whole match. He actually surprised me.

Where did Benni play? It looked like he was in centre mid, how'd he play?

I expect he's being prepared to be Dunn's understudy in the current formation we play. He's probably the only other player we've got with the technical ability and intelligence of movement to play in that 'free' role behind the striker.

Went. 5 first teamers subbed after 25. 3 outstanding youngsters. Jones, replica of John Terry in every way. Jackson ramm- no wonder the big clubs wanted him. At 17 possibly our best right back? Cruz. Just like his brother but quicker. Stood out like a lighthouse.

Hoillet was awful. Heavily involved he might as well have been playing witha beach ball. Roberts bullied lesser opposition and looked half decent until he got thru 1 on 1. Oh dear. Symes showed him how to do it.

Peds was ok. McCarthy the laziest I have seen him. Brown never troubled but his kicking was crap.

Went. 5 first teamers subbed after 25. 3 outstanding youngsters. Jones, replica of John Terry in every way. Jackson ramm- no wonder the big clubs wanted him. At 17 possibly our best right back? Cruz. Just like his brother but quicker. Stood out like a lighthouse.

Hoillet was awful. Heavily involved he might as well have been playing witha beach ball. Roberts bullied lesser opposition and looked half decent until he got thru 1 on 1. Oh dear. Symes showed him how to do it.

Peds was ok. McCarthy the laziest I have seen him. Brown never troubled but his kicking was crap.

Are you sure you were at the right match?

I have to agree with Al, there was no way you were watching the same game as me, sorry graham.

It's funny how we all have our own opinions, but I honestly can't understand how you could say Hoillet was aweful, yes in a finishing sense maybe, but he created Di Santo's goal with an excellent little through ball, and his positioning was excellent.

I have to agree with Al, there was no way you were watching the same game as me, sorry graham.

It's funny how we all have our own opinions, but I honestly can't understand how you could say Hoillet was aweful, yes in a finishing sense maybe, but he created Di Santo's goal with an excellent little through ball, and his positioning was excellent.

I wasn't at the match so cannot talk about it but I have noticed graham seems quite often to have seen games in a way that nobody else does.

I can see how u think Hoillet had a good game. He was involved more than any other player, so credit his althletism and positional play. Quite rightly he made a couple of decent passes. He stepped immediatly on the gas but pretty much every time th bobbly pitch caught him out.

Tbh Hughesy they would have made a fair bit more had they arranged better catering for the game.

At half time the ques for the food and drink were ridiculous so I never bothered.

They should have had a seperate stall for drink etc instead of using the same van imo.

So, the match was at Ewood? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Accrington Stanley Club statement

Accrington Stanley will send a representative to the scheduled High Court hearing tomorrow morning to request a very short further adjournment in order to bring in the full £308,000 owed to HMR&C.

The club had hoped to be able to draw a line under the situation today however due to delays on a couple of sources of funding we will require a further week or so to do this.

After taking advice from our legal team we are more than confident that this will not be a problem and look forward to announcing the settlement of the debt in full in the next few days.

Not true it appeared. He paid 110 which is what Stanley claimed to be short.

Appears that wasnt true, and theres another 100k needed. !

Ilyas Khan is posting on accy web at the moment with updates. Sounds like when the dust settles that theres going to be some interesting stories around.

Not true it appeared. He paid 110 which is what Stanley claimed to be short.

Appears that wasnt true, and theres another 100k needed.

Still, a classy act on Khan's part. And if I were an Accrington-Stanley fan, I'd be giving the fish eye to the board.

Delighted to hear the news that Stanley have survived closure.

I have a real heart for them and would have been gutted had they not managed to pay of their debts.

It's never a good thing when smaller teams at the lower level are in trouble, but when it's your own neighbours, it's all the more concerning.

Well done Stanley and good luck in the cup this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was looking forward to today's 3rd round tie at the Crown with two other Rovers fans but match called off at 10.30. Struggled to leave M65 at J6 at 10.00. Blackburn Road, Rishton very treacherous, icy overnight with thick snow still falling on top. Looks bloody great! Afternoon in the pub beckons.....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived