BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr X - Guess Away

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy that Di Santo is being linked with the club, but my God was this over-hyped. The manager hasn't even given his permission for the player to go! Meanwhile, the Di Santo has barely played a game in the Premier League, or any top league for that matter, and will take time to settle in - something we don't have as he'll only be here for a season.

Really underwhelmed and expecting a good, experienced striker to come in as well.

i think he could work out well... not jumping with joy but it could have been worse ie.. smith or someone alike...

hope the other 2 bring a smile to our faces...

still need a real good CM player thats the most important right now.....

Being linked with young talent like Andy Mayor and Di Santo certainly sends out some very positive signals that the club are looking to bring quality players especially after some of the dross of the past couple of seasons (Simpson Man U) .

Heres to hoping that big Sam can bring in a few more gems before the new season begins.

Shame it's only a loan deal because the fella obviously has potential.

Yes it is a shame, but if it happpens and Di Santo starts the season in a blue and white halved shirt then it gives the club the opportunity to raise their league profile thus generating more prize money without having to outlay large sums of money surely this can only be a good thing at rthis moment in time.

I'm struggling to contain my excitement at this loan signing - the stars of tomorrow at todays prices.

Arte et labore. :rover:

he is an excellent signing. no doubt abt that. i think people are more ###### off at nicko more than anything as he built this signing up too much but if we didn't have nicko and it was announced that we sign di santo on loan then we would all be estastic.

Personally I think WE as fans have built it all up too much...we sometimes forget the financial status we are in compared to other clubs in the league

Yes it is a shame, but if it happpens and Di Santo starts the season in a blue and white halved shirt then it gives the club the opportunity to raise their league profile thus generating more prize money without having to outlay large sums of money surely this can only be a good thing at rthis moment in time.

How will this raise our profile? Most people have never heard of him, now Bojan would have raised our profile. As for generating prize money, think Danny Simpson

If there is no option to buy then I'm not too excited. Getting in a 20 year old on loan for one season, even one as talented as he may be, just won't help us much. We'll be back in the same boat next summer.

I have to agree with Eddie,I want players signed,sealed and fully commited to OUR cause.It will be interesting to see where the Cruz money does go? <_<

Di Santo is a terrific young player - as good as anything you could possibly get.

I think this signing certainly has potential, and I trust your take on players Nicko - but what exactly are you basing your opinion on?

Have you seen him play for Chelsea reserves? Or before he came to the Premiership?

How will this raise our profile? Most people have never heard of him, now Bojan would have raised our profile. As for generating prize money, think Danny Simpson

By scoring more goals that win more games.

This will take the club higher, raising its profile in all domestic competitions, plus the London press will always be keeping an eye on Di Santo's progress - favourable reviews, possibly.

Anyhow he'll be a good addition to the squad as Nicko says and hes been involved in the game for a long long time :lol: this lad is probably the best we could get at this moment in time for little or no outlay its good business.

Get your ticket and enjoy next season Di Santo will be OK.

he is an excellent signing. no doubt abt that. i think people are more ###### off at nicko more than anything as he built this signing up too much

What complete @#/?.

He originally said we were after a player better than Zaki, that was within budget, would go in to our starting line up and didn't rely on Santa Cruz leaving.

Members of this messageboard then proceeded to guess names like Luca Toni, Lukasz Podolski, Aiden McGeady, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Michael Owen, Kevin Kuranyi etc etc, none of which fit the criteria above. It escalated in to mass hysteria because people were too bloody stupid to listen to what was being said and keep their feet on the ground.

Di Santo looks like being one of atleast two and possibly even three strikers coming in this Summer, as we've known all along, and in that criteria looks like a good idea in anyones book.

I feel mixed emotions about Mr X being revealed as Franco Di Santo. He is a good player, very talented and will be very useful to us so I am fairly happy with it but then part of me is slightly disappointed that Mr X is only a loan deal and will have no view to buy option. I think I would have preferred it to have been some youngster from abroad who is almost as talented but who we could have got permantly on the cheap and developed but with Di Santo it is likely to be just the one season so after that we get nothing out of it. From the info given I thought it was going to be a permanent but maybe that was me just reading wrongly into it. Hopefully Di Santo will impress though and do a very good job for us as he is definitely capable.

Also, I am surprised that he was not guessed. I thought he was mentioned very early on but unless Nicko and the others were disappointed it was guessed so soon so kept it quiet and kept up the pretence that it was somebody unknown or maybe I am just mistaken. That is possibly what led to the anti-climax as many were expecting some unknown star to come in from abroad and develop into a world beater with us. And also some would prefer some unknown who sounds exciting (like Carlos last year) as opposed to any player from the Premier League especially when they have done nothing to stand out as of yet.

If his loan signing does get completed though he will be a Rovers player for the year so everyone should just forget about 'helping' Chelsea and support him so that he does well for us and we get the most out of it.

I feel mixed emotions about Mr X being revealed as Franco Di Santo. He is a good player, very talented and will be very useful to us so I am fairly happy with it but then part of me is slightly disappointed that Mr X is only a loan deal and will have no view to buy option. I think I would have preferred it to have been some youngster from abroad who is almost as talented but who we could have got permantly on the cheap and developed but with Di Santo it is likely to be just the one season so after that we get nothing out of it. From the info given I thought it was going to be a permanent but maybe that was me just reading wrongly into it. Hopefully Di Santo will impress though and do a very good job for us as he is definitely capable.

Also, I am surprised that he was not guessed. I thought he was mentioned very early on but unless Nicko and the others were disappointed it was guessed so soon so kept it quiet and kept up the pretence that it was somebody unknown or maybe I am just mistaken. That is possibly what led to the anti-climax as many were expecting some unknown star to come in from abroad and develop into a world beater with us. And also some would prefer some unknown who sounds exciting (like Carlos last year) as opposed to any player from the Premier League especially when they have done nothing to stand out as of yet.

If his loan signing does get completed though he will be a Rovers player for the year so everyone should just forget about 'helping' Chelsea and support him so that he does well for us and we get the most out of it.

Exactly how I feel. Very well said my friend!

I feel mixed emotions about Mr X being revealed as Franco Di Santo. He is a good player, very talented and will be very useful to us so I am fairly happy with it but then part of me is slightly disappointed that Mr X is only a loan deal and will have no view to buy option. I think I would have preferred it to have been some youngster from abroad who is almost as talented but who we could have got permantly on the cheap

Totally agree.

Who do you have in mind?

• Backroom

I'm quite happy with this - he's a good player, young and with a bright future ahead of him. Potentially one season away from being a Chelsea first-teamer - why wouldn't we take him on board? Okay, so we can't buy him, but a player of his quality is quite honestly likely to attracts bids from better clubs than us. That's the harsh reality, and the fact we even have the opportunity to take the lad to the club for one season is a bonus.

Two things though - firstly, the clues about him being 'better than Kuranyi' and to an extent Zaki were silly, and didn't need to be said.

Secondly, if we have first option on him anyway why did this need to be kept quiet? Surely even if it had leaked six weeks ago we still would have had first option to buy? :huh: maybe I've misunderstood, but I see no reason as to why it needed to be kept a secret.

Fascinated by the opinions on di Santo...

Can we have a hand count?

How many have actually seen him play?

The kid is a far better idea that the problem that is Zaki and the yesterday's man that is Kuranyi...

Half of the Premier League would take this guy and have asked. You have the deal in place. It is a pretty smart piece of business by your club.

Archived