BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr X - Guess Away

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting that he played for the same team as Carlos in Chile, maybe that is what the hinting was from Nicko last night about Mr X being able to adapt better to our league than Carlos.

Thought it was Santo or Sahar. Quality striker on a loan is a good signing, there is no guarantee he will arrive though.

^ it has nothing to do with Roque. According to Nicko on here at least he's not his replacement at all.

Shame its a loan but a decent player never the less.

Blackburn Rovers boss Sam Allardyce has first refusal on Chelsea's brilliant young striker Franco Di Santo.

The Blues are prepared to let the 6ft 4in Argentinian go on a one-year loan to get Premier League experience.

Di Santo, 20, would be an ideal - and relatively cheap - replacement if Roque Santa Cruz, wanted by Spurs, Aston Villa and Manchester City, leaves Ewood Park.

"Chelsea signed Di Santo, a member of the Argentina under-20 side, from Chilean side Audax Italiano a year ago.

Talking Allardyce hopes Di Santo is a done deal but Chelsea's new boss Carlo Ancelotti wants to see him train and play before deciding if he can go on loan, so the move is on ice until mid-July.

Spanish side Espanyol also want Di Santo, whose agents have been talking to Everton and Middlesbrough.

But Blackburn have a toplevel agreement that any loan deal will be with them.

Chelsea expect Manchester City striker Daniel Sturridge to sign for them on July 1 when he becomes a free-agent."

- Reading the piece, I think we can take much of what Nicko said on here with a large pinch of salt.

Is it di Santo for sure? The loan isn´t yet guaranteed but I mean is he Mr. X?

His fibs to throw everyone of the scent have instead got everyone's hopes up.

So a loan deal, dependent on Crocky leaving and Ancelloti could well decide he stays. And now it's in the paper, is he going to start to shine in training to make sure he's in Ancelloti's plans? Pleased with the player, but doesn't sound quite the done deal. Hughesy or T4E, what makes it a safer news item now than last week?

I honestly don't know. Nicko pm'd me the story yesterday so I know as much as you do I just read it a day early.

Strangely, 3 hours after I was told Sparky Marky guessed on here. Could have been coincidence but I doubt it. Wonder how he knew?

I reckon its that kid from Chelsea...the big chap....Franco Di Santo....could be a great loan signing for Rovers....

Interesting that he played for the same team as Carlos in Chile, maybe that is what the hinting was from Nicko last night about Mr X being able to adapt better to our league than Carlos.

Nicko, can you rule out Franco De Santo from Chelsea, cos I think it's him....??? -_-

Might just have been inspired guess work...

Sparky Marky and imy9 mulling over the identity of Mr X

sherlock.jpg

T4E suspects Sparky Marky and imy9 of insider knowledge and collusion and challenges them both to a duel.

Shrek%202%20-%20Puss%20in%20Boots%20(resized).JPG

Looks an exciting prospect player wise... But the deal (loan?) not so sure about that myself, would rather have a quality striker on our books signed sealed and delivered so to speak, especially with the increasing likely hood our one past quality one is going to be off.

Franco Di Santo on a season long loan? Forgive me for being hugely underwhelmed.

He may well have a lot of potential, but the guy hasn't got any experience in the top leagues and the deal looks far from complete. We'd only have him for a season and could he not just turn down a move to Rovers anyway, regardless of the first option deal between the clubs? I dunno how these things work.

I think it'll be a good move for Rovers, providing the deal actually goes ahead, but I was expecting somebody more impressive and for the move to be at a very advanced stage.

I wish it were Luca Toni :(

So despite all the guessing, its a player who is still not certain of joining us. Reading that story, is like most other transfer rumours. If Ancelotti decides to keep Di Santo, then what a waste of 20 odd pages on here. Was fun though, so roll on Mr Y and Mr Z

I never actually saw the comment, but am I right in thinking that Nicko described this guy as being 'better than Kuranyi'?

Don't think that was exactly what he said but if he did I think it's the revenge of the Coylite on all us Rovers fans!

I never actually saw the comment, but am I right in thinking that Nicko described this guy as being 'better than Kuranyi'?

Tcj, i was just going to comment on that to. How on earth can Di Santo be better than Kuranyi? In fact, Derbs and Roberts have done more in the premiership than this guy. Im sorry, but i would rather promote Derbs than sign this guy and concentrate on our midfield.

Don't think that was exactly what he said but if he did I think it's the revenge of the Coylite on all us Rovers fans!

Which ever way you want to look at it Mrs Gumboots, its just not worth it anymore lol i think ill just wait until we sign somebody officially, and then make up my mind whether i like the guy or not.

Guest Kamy100

While Franco Dos Santos is potentially a good player and it is great that we are looking at getting him in on loan. When RSC is sold we will need to bring a replacement who is a proven goalscorer at this level.

Franco Di Santo is a 20 year old striker in the Chelsea first team.

In a superstar team he has been handed the number 9 shirt and has already received rave reviews from people within the camp.

Forgive me for my ignorance but who else did anyone think we were getting by spending little/no money? A hungry striker looking to do well is an excellent idea and if Roque leaves I think this could be a stroke of genius.

Imy di santo cannot be a direct rsc replacement for the reasons kamy just set out. It would be suicidal to replace a proven international at prem level for a kid whose made a handful of starts at this level.

If I remember correctly Nicko said that we would be signing TWO players before we let Derbyshire go, this would be one, I am assuming the other would be a more proven goal scorer, let us also not forget that we played most of our season without RSC, if he stays then this would be a healthy competition, if he goes I have trust in Sam to replace quality with quality.

Franco Di Santo is a 20 year old striker in the Chelsea first team.

In a superstar team he has been handed the number 9 shirt and has already received rave reviews from people within the camp.

Forgive me for my ignorance but who else did anyone think we were getting by spending little/no money? A hungry striker looking to do well is an excellent idea and if Roque leaves I think this could be a stroke of genius.

What does the number on the back of a shirt, have to do with anything? Im sorry, but i would rather keep RSC if this is meant to be a direct replacement. Derbs has scored goals in this league, and hasnt let us down. I would be disappointed if we let a home grown talent leave, who has scored at this level and sign a guy not proven, just because he is a Chelsea player and wears the number 9 shirt.

What does the number on the back of a shirt, have to do with anything? Im sorry, but i would rather keep RSC if this is meant to be a direct replacement. Derbs has scored goals in this league, and hasnt let us down. I would be disappointed if we let a home grown talent leave, who has scored at this level and sign a guy not proven, just because he is a Chelsea player and wears the number 9 shirt.

I am certain he won't replace Cruz.

Sounds promising to me. Shades of the initial Bentley deal. Could be a good signing, and would allow us to go for a different type of striker if Cruz does leave.

Also if Chelsea sign another top line striker and Sturrige joins Chelsea will probably be looking to offload so we might be able to buy him in the future.

Archived