BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Franco Di Santo

Yes, Di Santo is a steal. Yes, there is an upside for us in the short term. But who wins the most out of this?

Chelsea.

If this lad performs as well as everybody expects then both Chelsea and Rovers win. It doesnt matter which of the two wins most because more importantly the rest of the premiership lose.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either way, I believe it's a win win for both clubs as the player will get valuable experience in the PL without 'rotting' in the reserves (which is what Chelsea are looking for, and considering our good record of getting the best out of players you might say it's a privilege that Chelsea and Rovers are linking up in this way) and Rovers can improve up front with him (albeit for at least until January) then that could lead to higher placings at the end of the season, which will lead to more income. And of course the higher finish could also lead to more people through the turnstiles, which again leads to more money. So like I say, it's a win win.

At the end of the day we have player for six months for wages only. Its allowed us to spend abit more on our Croat. Even if he dissappears the likes of Hoillet and co will have had 6 months more training and experience and will hopefully be the better for it. Getting a lad of his potential (yes I have seen him play) for that kind of money is great business and providing chelsea don't suffer any serious injuries hopefully he'll be here all year. We have to build strong links to the bigger clubs so we can get there players on loan again in the future.

Pity they can't give us Deco as well. :rolleyes:

I do wonder about Madrid though they have a lot of players they have to shift out and there would seem to be very few takers at present I wonder if there's anyone who we could realistically get that could fill our midfield hole?? Is De la Red on the list??? (I doubt it though).

One thing is for sure - if he is as good as said and is producing the goods its a near certainty that he won't be with us after January

its the African Nations cup thingy next year so the likes of Drogba/Kalou etc will be disappearing from the Chelski ranks - possibly Benni from us too.

So our list of front players may not be as long as first thought - at least it will give time for the youngsters the likes of Hoilet etc to bed in a bit more.

One thing is for sure - if he is as good as said and is producing the goods its a near certainty that he won't be with us after January

its the African Nations cup thingy next year so the likes of Drogba/Kalou etc will be disappearing from the Chelski ranks - possibly Benni from us too.

So our list of front players may not be as long as first thought - at least it will give time for the youngsters the likes of Hoilet etc to bed in a bit more.

We'll have Ellington, so i wouldnt worry to much.

Talking rubbish mate for all the reasons mentioned, plus you have a short memory, we got bentley on loan when everyone said we are just giving him experience before to returns to Arsenal, but he liked it with us and signed permanently, this could well happen here Chelsea have Anelka, Drogba, Kalou & sturridge and whoever Carlo signs

We could in fact sign him and sell him for millions in a few years time

Arsenal had a vested interest in David Bentley throughout his time here and the fact they made more out of the deal than we did when he moved to Spurs more than proves my point.

We matured Arsenal's asset for them. They benefit financially and we nearly get relegated, albeit with a slice of the pie.

this could well happen here Chelsea have Anelka, Drogba, Kalou & sturridge and whoever Carlo signs

We could in fact sign him and sell him for millions in a few years time

We couldn't afford him, thats the crux of most peoples argument for why the loan is so good for us.

As I have said I'm not against the Di Santo transaction. I'm against Intra-Premier league loans.

The reason he has been loaned to us is because Chelsea don't consider us rivals - thats the problem.

And yes I know we can't change that, doesn't make it right though.

It's a good loan move but I really detest the arrangements where the player can't play against the parent club. IMO these arrangments should be banned by the Premier League.

Impossible - it creates a conflict of interest. Can you imagine a situation where Di Santo scores against Chelsea, costing them the title, then has to go back and play in front of the Chelsea fans next season? They'd crucify him.

Or the reverse, if he plays for us at Stamford Bridge and puts in less effort so as not to upset the Chelsea fans - and ends in us being relegated? We'd crucify him.

It's a good idea.

Impossible - it creates a conflict of interest. Can you imagine a situation where Di Santo scores against Chelsea, costing them the title, then has to go back and play in front of the Chelsea fans next season? They'd crucify him.

Or the reverse, if he plays for us at Stamford Bridge and puts in less effort so as not to upset the Chelsea fans - and ends in us being relegated? We'd crucify him.

It's a good idea.

No it's not impossible. Lua Lua scored against Newcastle whilst on loan from them at Portsmouth in the premier league. In the lower leagues Simon Grayson and Jonathan Douglas went on loan and played against us. It's the Lua Lua reason that probably prevents this happening i.e. egg on the face of the club that's loaning out. If it's good enough for professional football at a lower level then it should be good enough for the premier league.

And besides, what's there to stop the Man CItys and the Chelseas buying up these squad players that can do a job for another premier league club with less financial clout?

It's the Lua Lua reason that probably prevents this happening i.e. egg on the face of the club that's loaning out.

Egg on the face of Newcastle? Not like them to make bad decisions and overlook obvious problems eh!

I don't think we should use them as a benchmark for how to conduct transfer business.

Ok, but my point is that it should be allowed.

I think it should be at the discretion of the clubs involved, certainly, but I think the idea of the ban is to avoid any suggestion of "favours" by a player to the opposition (parent club) - not quite match-fixing but along the same lines.

:lol: i hate loans between premier teams,i honestly think they should be outlawed.if he scores 10 before jan he will go back to the bridge,if he is a duck head we lose out :huh:

not the case - we have the option to extend it. besides, given that chelsea are doing this in the bets interests of the player and his long-term chelsea career, i can't see them cutting it short just to save being short of strikers for 4 weeks during the ANC.

:lol: i hate loans between premier teams,i honestly think they should be outlawed.if he scores 10 before jan he will go back to the bridge,if he is a duck head we lose out :huh:

Di Santo may have been unheard of by us but you can bet your life that people within football would know his capabilities well enough.... he's been here for a year or so already. Kalinic will be the bigger gamble I think as homesickness, climate and a different style of play will all be in the mix with him.

Thing is though, Waggy, if he's banged in a few goals before they take him back that can only be to our advantage. If he doesn't quickly show what he's rumoured to be made of he won't be playing many matches for us anyway.

Di Santo may have been unheard of by us but you can bet your life that people within football would know his capabilities well enough.... he's been here for a year or so already. Kalinic will be the bigger gamble I think as homesickness, climate and a different style of play will all be in the mix with him.

True, what i'm worried about is who is going to provide them with the service to score the goals.

They could well end up with their hands on their hips standing on the half way line watching everyone chasing backwards trying to get the ball. I look forward to being suprised.

True, what i'm worried about is who is going to provide them with the service to score the goals.

They could well end up with their hands on their hips standing on the half way line watching everyone chasing backwards trying to get the ball. I look forward to being suprised.

:lol: hit the nail on the head there john,passing game at chelski,lump it at ewood ;)

who is going to provide them with the service to score the goals.

The same people who provided the service for our goals last season, plus Emerton now he's on the way back...

We were lucky to have Bentley but being the small club we are his departure was inevitable. Can't expect to unearth a talent like that every season. Who knows, EvH could even be the next big thing...

The same people who provided the service for our goals last season, plus Emerton now he's on the way back...

We were lucky to have Bentley but being the small club we are his departure was inevitable. Can't expect to unearth a talent like that every season. Who knows, EvH could even be the next big thing...

B) tugay aint here anymore :P

We have no money Waggy, loans are a great way for us to get players. I honestly think we should use the system more. We can have as many as we like from abroad.

This summer we had a small fortune for Rovers to spend, but in todays market it gets you next to nothing. Imagine what could have be done with that cash 2 years ago??

what will it be like once a few more Arab's buy into clubs.

Archived