BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Franco Di Santo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets look at this player from a Chelsea point of view.

Since Roman A came onboard how many duds have they purchased ?

chevy Chase has to be the worst signing by far.

Other than that who else could be considered a flop signing ?

I have not seen Di Santos play other than the cameo appearances, he must have something about him, he has speed and agility, he has height and scoring prowess.

with a decent supply line he could reap the benefits and so therefore would BRFC

I think the rules say 2 from your own league but I can't find them at the moment...

2 total, from different clubs in the premiership. As many as you like from elsewhere, I think.

Tiago (10m)

Scott Parker (10m)

Mutu (15.8m)

Veron (15m)

Kezman (5m)

Deco (8m)

Glen Johnson (£6mil)

del Horno (8mil)

Wright-Phillips (£21mil)

98.8million pounds worth of flops

Come on, they can all play. They got serious cash for most of those when they sold them or sued them. Plus most of those flops are welcome at Ewood as far as I'm concerned.

If he's not good enough, then he wont play, unless you believe the argument that we have to play him! So - no more of a risk, than signing any player. That's the point.

Why do you continually mis-represent what people say American?

I believe that argument. I'm not saying it is a bad signing, but there are risks that he will cost us points, and he is unproven at this level.

As for the other, I stick by what I say, but don't have the time or energy to find all of the examples of you saying playing youth will cost us places and money, nor the need to continue the argument.

:rover: i'm really against loans between premiership clubs,in fact i would go as far to say they should be outlawed.hull had a centre forward from utd on loan who scored the winner at foolham that kept them in the premiership,premier players should either go abroad or into the championship,i would go as far as to say a team could survive in the premiership with players loaned from other premiership teams :unsure::brfcsmilie:

I'd go as far as to say that if I could select bench players from the top 4 that that team would easily finish 5th. There's not many that would not improve our first team either.

If this lad is one of these then well and good. Through necessity we have become a developing and selling club and in that situation we have to do that to the best of our ability. We cannot buy this kid at this stage but who knows what time will turn up? PNE had Becks for a season rem and it did them no harm.

Tiago (10m)

Scott Parker (10m)

Mutu (15.8m)

Veron (15m)

Kezman (5m)

Deco (8m)

Glen Johnson (£6mil)

del Horno (8mil)

Wright-Phillips (£21mil)

Duff & Sutton from us can be added

Duff & Sutton from us can be added

Sutton was pre rich russian wasnt he tho?

Duff I disagree with. He was good for them, played a lot of games baring one really nasty injury.

Also

Majibal,

all of those players listed were flops at chelsea. Wether they got decent money for them or wether they would all fit in nicely in a balckburn shirt is neither here nor there

Di Santos looks like a good acquisition. He costs nothing up front, has lot of potential and should be highly motivated to do well as he will be taking center stage. And though its a loan, it gives BRFC a year of breathing space to clear some debt and rebuild.

Any player/s can flop at clubs, the secret is not just buying/signing players, but having a plan and knowing how they could fit into the plan, indeed, no one could ever call Deco a bad player, Chelsea want Johnson back, its how you deploy them and the character of the player and relationship with the manager.

Sam uses psychology so well, like (dareI say it Coyle) gives players belief and tactically they know where they are!!

If you looked at Kennys midfield of Atko and Sherwood, virtually unknown to many, but he had belief and they knew what he wanted from them, just like Ripley and Wilcox!!

Four players who were so importtant t what happened at Rovers but not really well known till they came to Ewood!!

Tiago (10m)

Scott Parker (10m)

Mutu (15.8m)

Veron (15m)

Kezman (5m)

Deco (8m)

Glen Johnson (£6mil)

del Horno (8mil)

Wright-Phillips (£21mil)

That lot would struggle for a game at Ewood wouldnt they ?

Sutton was pre rich russian wasnt he tho?

Duff I disagree with. He was good for them, played a lot of games baring one really nasty injury.

Also

Majibal,

all of those players listed were flops at chelsea. Wether they got decent money for them or wether they would all fit in nicely in a balckburn shirt is neither here nor there

You said flops not flops at Chelsea, I don't consider them flops so thanks for making your self clear. Yes, they didn't make the grade at Chelsea no argument there.

PS I use this: Link

As for the other, I stick by what I say, but don't have the time or energy to find all of the examples of you saying playing youth will cost us places and money, nor the need to continue the argument.

You wont look, because you wont find.

You wont look, because you wont find.

I didnt see the comment, but from experience I can tell you that this is a fact, youth development is paramount to a club like Rovers, however, Young players have one problem, you do not get consistency and so that is why you get younger lads given a few games then rested, they do need experience and not in a side fighting relegation, soa fewgamesand then a rest, preferably in a decent team, do you think Wellock etc would have scored in a struggling side??

The balance has to be correct, with young players, there needs to be lots of experience around them to 'Talk' them through the games and help their development!

You said flops not flops at Chelsea, I don't consider them flops so thanks for making your self clear. Yes, they didn't make the grade at Chelsea no argument there.

PS I use this: Link

Seeing as I was answering 1864's question of

"Since Roman A came onboard how many duds have they purchased ?

chevy Chase has to be the worst signing by far.

Other than that who else could be considered a flop signing ?"

I thought it was fairly obvious to anyone who read it that it was a list of Chelsea flops.

May I suggest that in future you read all posts carefully (including finding the original post if quotes are referenced in the post as some people, myself included, do not put the entire quote in their post to save bandwith on the site) before commenting.

Don't have a problem with that - that's what they get paid for, but what I do have a problem with is everyone going on about how this is a great signing like he's a player we all know about when as far as i can see nobody has seen more than the odd reserve game on chelsea tv or a few minutes in a league or cup game. I don't mind the signing, but I do mind those who don't know jumping on the bandwagon as though they do, without a shred of evidence they could possibly have seen. If the info about him is out there to be seen so I can start raving too then I would like to know where. That's all.

Quite agree gumboots. Never heard of this player before, in fact didn't even know we had an interest until 20 minutes ago. I hope he works out well and provides some excitment. There's a comment somewhere that with the right service he could do really well for us. Errrr Roque Santa Cruz anyone?

I've been thinking this morning about the consequences of football at Rovers being £10 a game, a great move by the club to fill the ground but one that has devalued the product with potential longterm implications. I think this potential signing coupled with Williams' recent statement on wages are indication of the future at Rovers and other smaller clubs. We have no money, we are unlikely to ever compete again in the transfer market so we will be faced with a succession of loans and players looking to enhance their reputations for a move to the Big Four.

While I fully understand what is happening and why it doesn't make me excited or happy. I see this as further evidence of the ever increasing gulf in the PL and the non-competitive nature of the "best league in the world." This may be a good short-term deal for the club, it's poor for the future. It would be interesting to have some observations from those who make a living out of football but I doubt that will happen.

I didnt see the comment, but from experience I can tell you that this is a fact, youth development is paramount to a club like Rovers, however,

I'm not in total agreement with that. The Hughes regime showed the way forward. Our best players recently have been signings in their early twenties who have shown early promise and then lost their way somewhat at other clubs. They are the ones that we should be targetting. We get precious few players from the academy but shrewd buying has seen massive gains from the likes of Samba, Bentley, Warnock, RSC and even Paul Robinson. All those were brought in in just over a couple of seasons. A few of these very talented players have missed their way like Bothroyd and Jeffers but moving them in and out cost us virtually nothing anyway. Compare the money in hand of those first 4 to the transfer fees that we have commanded from the academy players who we have moved on. Put another way have 4 academy players ever played for the first team at any one time never mind being the 'big' players in the team?

SA says that players the world over are fighting to play in the Prem, the current %age of foreign players is just short of 60% so that is what we must concentrate on in future imo.

Quite agree gumboots. Never heard of this player before, in fact didn't even know we had an interest until 20 minutes ago. I hope he works out well and provides some excitment. There's a comment somewhere that with the right service he could do really well for us. Errrr Roque Santa Cruz anyone?

I've been thinking this morning about the consequences of football at Rovers being £10 a game, a great move by the club to fill the ground but one that has devalued the product with potential longterm implications. I think this potential signing coupled with Williams' recent statement on wages are indication of the future at Rovers and other smaller clubs. We have no money, we are unlikely to ever compete again in the transfer market so we will be faced with a succession of loans and players looking to enhance their reputations for a move to the Big Four.

While I fully understand what is happening and why it doesn't make me excited or happy. I see this as further evidence of the ever increasing gulf in the PL and the non-competitive nature of the "best league in the world." This may be a good short-term deal for the club, it's poor for the future. It would be interesting to have some observations from those who make a living out of football but I doubt that will happen.

Congrats Paul. Personally I've been wondering about similar implications since the abolishment of the max wage! :rolleyes:

Without Jack Walkers miraculous involvement we'd without doubt be celebrating wallowing in the lower divisions for almost 50 years now! If the Glazers / Lpool yanks had never showed up those two clubs would still be in the top div although maybe not dominating it as they do. Lancs Utd or similar is unfortunately the only real long term workable option to tilt the scales back to a state of equilibrium. Biggest problem imo is not the supporters (the £10 a ticket means that we don't currently need them) it's the fact that 75% of the directors of 4 clubs would have to step down.

I don't think even a single supporter of any of the Lancashire clubs - except for you, of course - would move to support a Lancs UTD team. It's not even remotely workable.

You should have the mods do a poll on this site with the simple question of 'would you support an amalgamation of all of Lancashire's football clubs into a single slub' and see what the response is.

EDIT: why is it that every time I type 'L@ncashire United', it automatically changes to 'Blackburn Rovers'?

Archived