BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Franco Di Santo

Becuase with the exception of the Ince 'I told you so' routine its the one thing he goes on, on, on, on & on about. To the point where to spare the rest us his lancs utd drivel it was decided to ban the word from the site.

Unfortunatley as you can see he still doesn't get it. Move on talk about something new.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats Paul. Personally I've been wondering about similar implications since the abolishment of the max wage! :rolleyes:

Without Jack Walkers miraculous involvement we'd without doubt be celebrating wallowing in the lower divisions for almost 50 years now! If the Glazers / Lpool yanks had never showed up those two clubs would still be in the top div although maybe not dominating it as they do. Lancs Utd or similar is unfortunately the only real long term workable option to tilt the scales back to a state of equilibrium. Biggest problem imo is not the supporters (the £10 a ticket means that we don't currently need them) it's the fact that 75% of the directors of 4 clubs would have to step down.

The theory is sound in pure business terms Vindrog, but I can't see any fan of any Lancashire team wanting to merge together and support a whole new team/franchise. Football is far more emotional and irrational than business.

The theory is sound in pure business terms Vindrog, but I can't see any fan of any Lancashire team wanting to merge together and support a whole new team/franchise. Football is far more emotional and irrational than business.

Sadly you are right - but a lancashire utd team / club would be hard to compete against. I am not sure if I am for or against it, being a Rovers supporter as long as I have been. I would also hate to chant UTD from the stands. Would we call a club utd, city, rovers, athletic, wanderers, north end - we - people on this message board as example - could never agree on that, let alone manager, team selection, ground etc etc. Good idea, but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly you are right - but a lancashire utd team / club would be hard to compete against. I am not sure if I am for or against it, being a Rovers supporter as long as I have been. I would also hate to chant UTD from the stands. Would we call a club utd, city, rovers, athletic, wanderers, north end - we - people on this message board as example - could never agree on that, let alone manager, team selection, ground etc etc. Good idea, but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a terrible idea, a product of a warped and malfunctioning mind.

For his idea of LUFC to work, Blackburn Rovers must die.

How can any Rovers fan want that?

Not just Blackburn Rovers but also (from east to west) Burnley, Accy Stanley, PNE, and Blackpool. With Bolton Wanderers thrown in for good measure too. It is not clear whether Wigan would have to die as part of the rise of the new super club, you would have to ask the Drog that one.

Seeing as I was answering 1864's question of

"Since Roman A came onboard how many duds have they purchased ?

chevy Chase has to be the worst signing by far.

Other than that who else could be considered a flop signing ?"

I thought it was fairly obvious to anyone who read it that it was a list of Chelsea flops.

May I suggest that in future you read all posts carefully (including finding the original post if quotes are referenced in the post as some people, myself included, do not put the entire quote in their post to save bandwith on the site) before commenting.

No worries I always give specific answers to specific questions, :closedeyes:

I promise to do my research better in the future, if you promise to use the spell checker <_<

Seems to me that the only potential downside to this deal is that the lad does well for us and either returns to Chelsea or looks for a bigger club if Chelsea don't want him back..

In my opinion even if this happens our reputation for improving young players (bentley) or players who have lost their way (Bellamy) has been further enhanced. As I recall we did pretty well out of both those deals and if agents of players who wouldn't normally consider a small club in Lancashire consider us a good option for their players then all the better....

Seems to me that the only potential downside to this deal is that the lad does well for us and either returns to Chelsea or looks for a bigger club if Chelsea don't want him back..

or we could use gally or derbs

he would be a decent signing to replace derbs with but not roque. However if we did get him on loan then we could use the santa Cruz money to sign a striker with pace which is something we are desparte for,somebody like tchite from Santander or even Cisse.

How many dirty cons are there over there, bearing in mind you said this when you found out about Di Santo?

• 1 month later...
Apparently we where offered Di Santo in back January. or it was one hell of a guess.

Di Santo rumor.

Myself and Sick Boy decided to create a rumour each and see if it picked up. We decided to choose each other the player they had to promote, I chose him Di Santo, he chose me Rommendahl.

He wins :D

For his idea of LUFC to work, Blackburn Rovers must die.

How can any Rovers fan want that?

Without Jack Walkers involvement that might already have happened. With the news that Burnley have to repay a 4m loan from Brendan Flood it's easily apparent that they could also be history but for the life saving financial injection of promotion to the Prem. Things do not always last forever you know. If BRFC had not had Jack and had in fact succumbed to the disastrous tv contract a few years back I'd imagine that you would be wholeheartedly behind a Lancs Utd package...... or would you rather get your fix at t'Turf or Deepdale?

Without Jack Walkers involvement that might already have happened. With the news that Burnley have to repay a 4m loan from Brendan Flood it's easily apparent that they could also be history but for the life saving financial injection of promotion to the Prem. Things do not always last forever you know. If BRFC had not had Jack and had in fact succumbed to the disastrous tv contract a few years back I'd imagine that you would be wholeheartedly behind a Lancs Utd package...... or would you rather get your fix at t'Turf or Deepdale?

Prize for 'most off topic post ever' goes to......

Myself and Sick Boy decided to create a rumour each and see if it picked up. We decided to choose each other the player they had to promote, I chose him Di Santo, he chose me Rommendahl.

He wins :D

Exciting stuff eh

It's a terrible idea, a product of a warped and malfunctioning mind.

Blackburn Olympic fans thought like you too. :rolleyes:

tgm....... an old saying for you that you might just live long enough to realise is very valid ...... "the only constant in life is change"

Prize for 'most off topic post ever' goes to......

Thanks mellison.......... what have you bought me?

Archived