BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kevin Davies - The Second Coming...?

Would you be in favour of re-signing Kevin Davies?  

453 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favour of re-signing Kevin Davies?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on Price
    • I'd rather have Grooby upfront

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Earlier than scheduled...knackered...doing it earlier also as a 'thanks' to the people who were nice to Little Miss Nicko...no questions please.

The striker Rovers want is Kevin Davies.

It's Big Sam's choice. He thinks he is the answer. He is Mister Y and Plan A.

Bolton won't be pleased and will ask for a lot. However as Sam is keen, then perhaps he knows that he has a good chance for some reason.

No doubt there will be a lot of dissent over this idea, but for what it's worth he is the best English player of his style - a big, honest target man.

It doesn't cut across Di Santo and suggests Sam may play with two up front - or that he could use Davies 'wide' in a 4-3-3 in the way Bolton often do.

Full story in People [hopefully]. Feel free to discuss and throw rotten fruit.

You've got it right there will be a lot of dissent over this... Jesus Christ the majority of our transfer budget being spent on Kevin ###### Davies... I really hope your wrong Nicko... Replacing Santa Cruz with Kevin Davies, we will be the laughing stock of the league!

Let the facepalm's commence..

SiskoAnimated.gif

Earlier than scheduled...knackered...doing it earlier also as a 'thanks' to the people who were nice to Little Miss Nicko...no questions please.

The striker Rovers want is Kevin Davies.

It's Big Sam's choice. He thinks he is the answer. He is Mister Y and Plan A.

Bolton won't be pleased and will ask for a lot. However as Sam is keen, then perhaps he knows that he has a good chance for some reason.

No doubt there will be a lot of dissent over this idea, but for what it's worth he is the best English player of his style - a big, honest target man.

It doesn't cut across Di Santo and suggests Sam may play with two up front - or that he could use Davies 'wide' in a 4-3-3 in the way Bolton often do.

Full story in People [hopefully]. Feel free to discuss and throw rotten fruit.

A mouldy kiwi has just been launched!

You gotta be ###### me! davies no doubting he could do a job for a year but we need to get younger, any player we buy for cash has to have a resale value.

I need to throw-up.

Guest benmaxwell
Nicko - Mr Y - Davies - isn't the man we've earmarked as RSC's replacement is it?

Jesus Christ almighty, if he goes for him, my faith in Sam will go right out the window!

He's 32 for Christ's sakes! We are actually going to sign a player we earlier deemed not good enough for us for cash at the latter stage of his career.

I actually think i'd prefer Alan Smith then Davies.

Good God no!

wtf is going on? Davies FFS that will get the season tickets flooding in for sure!!

I know he was a bit of a flop at Rovers last time he was here, but Sam knows the system he wants to play, he wants a target man to ruffle some feathers, illustrated by the way he deployed Samba late on last season, the system works and Sam knows Davies well, revived his career and in all fairness, despite the past, in that particular role, there arent much better around!!!

We still need a top midfielder along with some pace though

Davies :blink:

I don't think surprised is the word, but when/if Roque goes - Bolton will know that Rovers have money to spend, and can demand an inflated price. We have already paid £ 7,5 million too much for Davies, really don't want to add to that.

Yes, he's good at what he does. But talk about the very definition of an anticlimax; replacing Roque Santa Cruz with Kevin "****ing wast of money" Davies... :wacko:

Guest benmaxwell
I know he was a bit of a flop at Rovers last time he was here, but Sam knows the system he wants to play, he wants a target man to ruffle some feathers, illustrated by the way he deployed Samba late on last season, the system works and Sam knows Davies well, revived his career and in all fairness, despite the past, in that particular role, there arent much better around!!!

I hear Jay-Jay Okocha might be interested in coming out of retirement. :unsure:

Sickening... Trully sickening... All that scouting of the likes of Dzeko, Janko etc and we settle for freaking Davies! :angry:

Embarrassing. I knew this would happen. He saves us, the messiah, then he turns us into Bolton mark two.

This is why people didn't want him in the first place.

We are NOT Bolton, we have won the Premiership ffs, we demand better.

@&£?

Well, at the moment I haven't renewed my season ticket and, although I probably still will I won't be rushing out to do so if this is true and it goes through. I have tried very hard to swallow all my negative thoughts about allardyce and have looked for a new dawn but this would be beyond a joke, Diouf was awful. Davies will compound the misery. Not throwing rotten fruit at you Mr Nixon, but I might be tempted to throw it at allardyce and his love child both. I'd rather have kept a reluctant RSC than waste it on that. All the excitement of having money to spend for the first time in a number of years and it's potentially gone in a moment. Lacks imagination and ideas, does this move if it's correct. Hopefully it's not.

I might be the only person on here to think this but; I'd love to see Kevin Davis as a Rovers player again.

His form last season was superb.

I think people will always see Davis as the same player who "graced" Ewood all them years ago. but IMO I think he's at the top of his game

Guest benmaxwell

Nicko... Any chance you could put a negative spin on the article for the sake of us fans.

State in it that the fans do not like the idea of this!

Sounds to me like Sam isn't going to be backed in the window and that most of this Roque money is going to disappear. Why if you have say a £12 million + transfer kitty would you look at a 32 year old striker? Surely there are better options out there? The budget must be a lot smaller than you think! its the only reason i can think of Sam doing this (if true).

Santa Cruz, Roberts, Derbs, Benni

To potentially

Benni, Roberts, Davies

:rolleyes:

So, anyone still thinking that the tragic anti-football we played under Allardyce last season was just him tightening up our defense and that it will change for next season...? I mean, Kevin Davies has an extremely poor history with this club and many turn to dislike just by hearing his name, but it's also such a blatant sign that we will play the ugliest and least watched football in the premiership. Again.

Guest benmaxwell
Sounds to me like Sam isn't going to be backed in the window and that most of this Roque money is going to disappear.

I don't understand this at all. First didn't Nicko say we would be pleasantly suprised at how much Sam will get back? Not a pleasant suprise so far!!

This means our 3 perminant center forwards will be Benni 32 this year, Kevin Davies 32 and Jason Roberts 31...

Jesus H Christ, sorry lord, but Davies?! The one goal wonder boy...i just got sick in my mouth!!

If sam can work him into a 20 goal a season striker than i am fair game, in fact if he manages to score more than roberts I am game

I don't understand this at all. First didn't Nicko say we would be pleasantly suprised at how much Sam will get back? Not a pleasant suprise so far!!

This means our 3 perminant center forwards will be Benni 32 this year, Kevin Davies 32 and Jason Roberts 31...

I could be well off the mark, we could have £15 million to spend.

But if Kevin Davies is being touted as a possible target you have to be worried.

Archived