BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kevin Davies - The Second Coming...?

Would you be in favour of re-signing Kevin Davies?  

453 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favour of re-signing Kevin Davies?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on Price
    • I'd rather have Grooby upfront

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davies was a disgrace the last time he was here, tried to orchastrate a move away behind the clubs back ETC ETC.

NO THANKS :angry2:

I'm sure there's two sides to that story, though. I have no idea what went on when he was with us.

My objection to Davies is simple - Bolton are very keen to keep hold of him, it seems, and so it'll take a considerable amount of money to take him off them: £5-6m or so.

If we pay anything like that for a 32 year old striker who we'll be lucky to see two seasons out of, as well as very high wages, then what little faith I had left in our board after the mess of last season is out of the window.

Also, i think the moderators have warned several times, not to talk about a persons work life on here...

You brought up your work before anyone else, how else would people know? If you didn't want it talked about you shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

Davies was a disgrace the last time he was here, tried to orchastrate a move away behind the clubs back ETC ETC.

NO THANKS :angry2:

I agree he wasnt a success last time but, and this is the issue here, did we deploy the lad correctly?

There are loads of players who Rovers have used very badley, anyone remember John OMara??

6 foot 12, well he was massive, came to Rovers from Brentford on the back of a 40 goal season I think, scored two in his first game, then we had him working out wide :wacko:

Somebody that tall and good in the air should wait in the centre and laugh as he puts the ball in the net!!!

Sam would bd prepared to pay a lot more than John Williams...that is for certain.

Interesting times ahead.

Good for John Williams.

All that about strengthening by lowering the average age of the squad and other than get rid of Tugay, Sam's big plan is to sell a 23 year old and a 27 year old and bring in a 32 year old to replace them.

Guest benmaxwell
Sam would bd prepared to pay a lot more than John Williams...that is for certain.

Good for JW. Bad for Sam. Good for us if JW sticks to his guns.

You brought up your work before anyone else, how else would people know? If you didn't want it talked about you shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

I said what i did. But didn't invite questions and quips about my living. In fact i have asked on more then one occasion for people to PM me if they wanted to know anything, and not discuss it on the board.

Now i know for a fact that you read that message and had it drummed into your head by one of the mods. So why your defying that and still talking about it on here is anyones guess.

"That is why I have pitched £5 million as being the price it would take to get him - even at his age."

"Sam would bd prepared to pay a lot more than John Williams...that is for certain."

The above from Nicko's posts today.

I think its fair to say the £5m figure may not be 100% accurate

Words cannot express how utterly underwhelmed I am. If this is indicative of the sort of player Allardyce intends to bring to the club I beginning to think my £200 season ticket is a rip-off.

Taking into account what we paid for Davies first time round, how few goals he scored and how little effort he put in, he has to be, in my eyes at least, the worst player I have ever seen in one of our shirts. Now there have been some with less talent, but I can't recall any who made so little effort. Even Grabbi tried. Kevin Davies was a fat, bone-idle, ET-headed tosser and was nothing short of a disgrace.

Surely there are better, more industrious, cheaper and younger strikers out there than him.

"That is why I have pitched £5 million as being the price it would take to get him - even at his age."

"Sam would bd prepared to pay a lot more than John Williams...that is for certain."

The above from Nicko's posts today.

I think its fair to say the £5m figure may not be 100% accurate

Like I said, I think it would take £5 million for this to happen...

Bolton would have you believe it would be £10 million.

How about you get behind your team . I dont want Davies but if he comes then so be it , you dont turn your back on your team ever, again it needs spelling out we are Blackburn Rovers. Total football did west Brom a lot of good didnt it, in any case i think Nicko has fallen in to the trap of lazy journo, do we really think Davies will come back to Rovers after the stick he's had ?

How about you (and all fans for that matter) demand BETTER from your club?

What's the point in being in "the best league in the world" if the football you're playing is like toothache on the eyes?

Guest benmaxwell

Is that to expensive for John Williams?

5 million for Kevin Davies?

I've just woken up feeling rough, having forgotten its fathers day and then this news...

We have already wasted £7million on the guy and I'll be damned if we waste anymore money on a 32 year old whos career is nearing an end.

Bolton would have you believe it would be £10 million.

Why have you put this out Nicko, has the club or Sam used you to gauge feeling amongst the supporters.

Is big Sam challenging the Blackburn board on this issue?.

Or are you just having a B) bit of fun!

Guest benmaxwell
FFS - please dont sign him.

Can we have a poll on who wants him please? The club listens to the fans, so lets be heard! NO THANKS FOR ME.

I suggested a poll yesterday. It needs to be done.

Bet you weren't expecting that on the first few days of your holiday huh?! :wacko::blink:

I have to say, on this matter, i back the board fully as a supporter. One of the first things Sam said this summer was that he wanted to bring some youth into the squad. Now every player we have been linked to has been 30 or older? Not what i would call youth...

Can we have a poll on who wants him please? The club listens to the fans, so lets be heard! NO THANKS FOR ME.

We sell Matty D and bring in an ageing pudding, someone is having a laugh.

Can't say signing Davies fills me with confidence or excitement. I wouldn't mind too much if he was dirt cheap but I think 5 mil is a step to far. Still, look on the bright side

1) Those of you who got shirts printed first time round can dig them out and wear them again (although it was that long ago you'll probably look like the only gay in the village)

2) Oversize shorts sales in the shop will go up

3) Bolton will probably go down

I'm reminded of how I felt when we signed Ward, Blake, Dickov, Kuqi, Mokoena, Andrews. I will, however, keep the faith

the club listened to the fans last summer (dont want big sam) i for one agreed but he changed it round for the better eventually , trust his judgement it worked with diouf , givet in january window.

Can't say signing Davies fills me with confidence or excitement. I wouldn't mind too much if he was dirt cheap but I think 5 mil is a step to far. Still, look on the bright side

1) Those of you who got shirts printed first time round can dig them out and wear them again (although it was that long ago you'll probably look like the only gay in the village)

2) Oversize shorts sales in the shop will go up

3) Bolton will probably go down

I'm reminded of how I felt when we signed Ward, Blake, Dickov, Kuqi, Mokoena, Andrews. I will, however, keep the faith

nail on the head, my sentiments exactly ffs

Why have you put this out Nicko, has the club or Sam used you to gauge feeling amongst the supporters. NO

Is big Sam challenging the Blackburn board on this issue?. NO, IT'S JUST THE PLAYER HE WANTS

Or are you just having a B) bit of fun! NO, BUT GOOD TO KNOW IT HAS SPARKED SO MUCH INTEREST

If the story is correct we should welcome back Davies with open arms.

One of the most effective, proven strikers in the league, feared by opponents and rarely injured.

Great signing if it comes off.... look forward to seeing him back at Ewood.

Guest benmaxwell
One of the most effective, proven strikers in the league, feared by opponents and rarely injured.

Literally just fell off my chair!? :blink:

66 goals in 341 games!? Not what i would call proven or effective!

Archived