BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nick Blackman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised he didn't feature against QPR.

I can't really see him having a chance to feature this season now, so hopefully we can set up a loan deal in the Championship for him. Neither Kean nor Blackman himself will learn anything from another stint in the SPL.

That is, unless we're planning to get rid of Roberts still. I wonder if Blackman could have a similar impact from the bench? I'm not sure what kind of player he is to be honest, apart from being big.

I'm surprised he didn't feature against QPR.

I can't really see him having a chance to feature this season now, so hopefully we can set up a loan deal in the Championship for him. Neither Kean nor Blackman himself will learn anything from another stint in the SPL.

That is, unless we're planning to get rid of Roberts still. I wonder if Blackman could have a similar impact from the bench? I'm not sure what kind of player he is to be honest, apart from being big.

I'm sure Lee said on other site it is because if he had played him we couldn't send him back on loan cos of the 3 clubs per season rule?

Either way I'm not sure he is worth a new contract, Im with Parsonblue on this, whenever Ive seen him I havent thought he'd be ok in the Prem. Deffo not better than Roberts.

Good luck to him.

Kean and his crew obviously think he has the attributes to make it so let's hope he keeps progressing.

Would like to see him involved with the first team to see whether he's up to the job, but failing that, let's loan him to a championship club for the remainder of the season to see how easily he finds the net.

He did well in the SPL but hardly indicative of him having the talent to succeed down here.

Striker Nick Blackman has joined Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen on loan.

The 21-year-old, who signed a new two-and-a-half year deal with Rovers earlier this week, now links up with Craig Brown for a second time after spending the first half of this year with Brown's former club Motherwell, where he scored 10 times in 18 appearances.

Blackman joins Aberdeen on loan until the end of the season.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2265730,00.html

Craig Brown took him to motherwell, a few weeks back Craig Brown took the Aberdeen job, brown seams to rate him lots, hence why blackman went to Aberdeen.

Will be a reasonable test, seeing if he can do it in another side (albeit with the same manager), but if we hope for him to break into the first team it would have been much better if he went to the Championship. If we're just trying to preserve a resale value, the SPL again makes sense, as if he can keep banging them in there it will look decent. Whereas if he flopped in the Championship...

I might have to take up some of the free tickets for the corporate box at Aberdeen that we have. Usually can't give the damn things away!

I think Craig Brown will help Blackman develop and Aberdeen is a step up from Motherwell, even if the table does not look like it.

with blackman in there squad, Aberdeen can at least score a consolation goal while conceding ~5-9 goals the other end. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Refuse to get excited about this lad yet - would have much preferred to see him play for a championship side,

Same here.

We know he can score goals in the SPL already, I really don't understand why we sent him back there. What else will we learn that we don't already know?

A Championship loan would have been much more beneficial, I'm sure there would have been teams that would have taken him after his goalscoring at Motherwell.

Same here.

We know he can score goals in the SPL already, I really don't understand why we sent him back there. What else will we learn that we don't already know?

A Championship loan would have been much more beneficial, I'm sure there would have been teams that would have taken him after his goalscoring at Motherwell.

Or we're looking for a buyer.

I know we have a downer on the SPL but I'd say there are two League one clubs, a couple of Premier League strugglers and the rest is Championship level. Moving to Aberdeen puts him in a bigger club than Motherwell and one where the boss Craig Brown really appreciates him. So I don't see why there are so many downers about Nick Blackman going to Pittodrie.

Archived