SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nick Blackman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

He cant be any worse surely.

It kills me to think that Allardyce and Kean both think Kalinic is worse though!

Yup. It's scandalous that we're developing Man. Utd's trainee and giving gametime to Benjani but we're happy to let £6m rot away on the bench.

Getting back on topic, does anybody know how long Blackman's loan at Motherwell's for? Is it till January, or for all the season? If the latter, is there a "recall" clause in it?

I wonder how he'll go on at Motherwell, now that Craig Brown & Archie Knox [remember him?] have moved to Aberdeen.

Getting back on topic, does anybody know how long Blackman's loan at Motherwell's for? Is it till January, or for all the season? If the latter, is there a "recall" clause in it?

I wonder how he'll go on at Motherwell, now that Craig Brown & Archie Knox [remember him?] have moved to Aberdeen.

It´s strange if the loan continues the whole season and his contract runs out. In Rigters´ and Zurab´s cases it´s understandble but not with young striker. If he can´t make it in Pl level atleast Rovers should make sure he doesn´t go for free. Blackman is worth for seven figures after Motherwell goals.

Both Neil Blackman and Alex Marrow are on-loan at their respective clubs until January (official site), with both their contracts expiring at the end of the season. Like I've said already this season, it's worth renewing them to secure our investment at least.

Both Neil Blackman and Alex Marrow are on-loan at their respective clubs until January (official site), with both their contracts expiring at the end of the season. Like I've said already this season, it's worth renewing them to secure our investment at least.

Assuming their current clubs haven't said "hold off signing that contract, lad. Come play for us."

Think you're being a bit generous to Benjani there.

Far too generous, he's an accident waiting to happen, and it's not in the oppositions penalty area either, to say he looks fragile is an understatement! I really don't rate the guy at all, it was all a measure of desperation when we signed him.

As for Blackman, I think they should fetch him back and loan him out to an english championship club, if he does well there, then we are onto something, that league is a decent measure of a prospect, I don't want to cause offence, but the league he is in, is hardly what I'd call a decent measure to the PL.

Obviously, I want the guy to do well, and scoring goals is a good habit to get into.

Loan period ends 4th January,

• 2 weeks later...

BBC article from Wednesday:

Blackburn could let Nick Blackman stay at Motherwell

Motherwell interim boss Gordon Young: "I've already spoken to Steve Kean. He has intimated they would look to re-sign him and they would have no objection to loaning him back to Motherwell. He is keen to stay here."

Looks like he'll be back to cover the next few weeks with a lot of games and us being short of attacking options, but the plan is to send him back to Scotland after January when/if we sign our new forward and Roberts/Kalinic are back again. Unless of course he scores a bucketful for us.

Archived