BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Absolutely delighted with Kalinic if it comes off, havent seen him play but if Bilic describes him as the future of Croatian football thats good enough for me, and his record shows he knows where the goal is. As a club we rely heavily on our sales and if he's a success he'll be leaving for at least double what we paid.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Denis_B @ Aug 1 2009, 10:23 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forget BIGLIA, he will not qualify for a work permit to play in UK.

People only need 3 years to qualify for a Belgian passport and he's been there since 2006, so it's quite probably he'll have an EU passport by now, or at least be in the process of getting one.

senijad%20ibricic_1.JPG

Senijad Ibričić:

Would be my Midfeilder to replace Tugay............Big sam has been tracking this player and seen him at close hand in the recent game versus Hajduk Split In Croatia where he scored the only goal................He was totally dominant and overwelmed our Midfeild with his Pace and Skill and has an outstanding record for a midfeilder.................The only ingredient lacking for the Rovers now is an attacking midfeilder and this guy ticks all the boxes.............Box to Box player who knows where the back of the net is...................................

Wiliki For Ibricic.....

Nicko

You said that Kalinic has not been on our radar, is there any particular reason why he hasn't been?

The list would seemed to have been pretty extensive.

It seems to be a bit of a panic buy.

Also, Lucas Biglia I believe has interested us in the past, could this now be a live one and if so how much do you think he would cost? I think he may also have been linked to Liverpool as an Alonso replacement.

Nicko

You said that Kalinic has not been on our radar, is there any particular reason why he hasn't been?

Also, Lucas Biglia I believe has interested us in the past, could this now be a live one and if so how much do you think he would cost? I think he may also have been linked to Liverpool as an Alonso replacement.

Kalinic would have been watched, but he wasn't near the top of any list. Rovers only reacted when the Portsmouth thing looked close. Pompey were trying to do that for a week - it was in the papers - and Rovers came in when it was breaking down.

Sometimes these things work out like that.

No idea about Biglia. I seem to recall he is looked after by the agent Barry McIntosh who was close to the last Rovers regime but may not be so tight with the present one.

Nicko

BFS has shown all pre-season he is going to be patient.. its more like a shopping trip, you set out with a list of 50inch TVs with the goal of buying the baddest you can find.. but when you get there cash in hand a 40inch, full HD, 100hz TV with all the bells and whistles is available at a bargain price... I know which one I would go for.

On another note Nicko was there any further news on the Brazilian Kid? And has Rigters been released (sorry I may of missed that in with the whas happening with Di Santos questions)?

Kalinic would have been watched, but he wasn't near the top of any list. Rovers only reacted when the Portsmouth thing looked close. Pompey were trying to do that for a week - it was in the papers - and Rovers came in when it was breaking down.

Sometimes these things work out like that.

:lol: i think i would call it desperation :huh:

I was in the Dunkenhalgh this morning at 9.00-9.30am looking at a possible wedding venue and who looked to be Nikola Kalinic came walking past with a Rovers tracksuit on? He was with a mate and a some guy from rovers, prob there to pick him up

I dont post often but thought people would be very interested in this

I was in the Dunkenhalgh this morning at 9.00-9.30am looking at a possible wedding venue and who looked to be Nikola Kalinic came walking past with a Rovers tracksuit on? He was with a mate and a some guy from rovers, prob there to pick him up

I dont post often but thought people would be very interested in this

Spot on. ;)

Pretty sure the manager will be at Sheff Wed today...no foreign trips...no idea if that is significant or not.

If Sam is at the game, he will speak afterwards. Therefore, we might get an indication of whether we are close to signing our striker(s).

Not the best source:

Hajduk Split confirm Kalinic on way to Blackburn

"Hajduk Split president Mate Peros added: "Blackburn was the best one of all the offers we have received to date.

"Very quickly we finished the talks with the club."

====

Nicko, any news on Vastic jr? Rovers still planning to bring the young lad in?

Kalinic is not done yet...no word on Vastic, got to say I have been concentrating on the strikers for the big team.

QUOTE (Denis_B @ Aug 1 2009, 12:02 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nicko, a Birmingham Mail journo is saying that Warnock will sign for Villa. Any knowledge?Here

MON said that they have made enquiries for defenders and have been given encouragement from certain clubs - wonder if one of them is us, bl**dy well hope not.

He may well be the same age but he isn't of the same quality. I'd prefer a younger player with more talent.

I'm sure we'd all prefer a 25 year-old Tugay, but they don't grow on trees.

I don't trust your judgement on Mendes. You said he did naff all for Pompey, despite being at the heart of the midfield during their FA Cup winning season. Pompey fans have regretted selling him ever since.

Why should we? We haven't kicked a ball in anger yet! Tell you what Topman you pay the wages for a week or two for no good reason.

55173-lolwut.jpg

Three posts on the run asking questions, the answers to which only require a one page scroll back on this thread, or to read the pinned transfer links thread!

I am just going to highlight that excellent point!

May I just remind you that posting repeat questions every hour or so will just clog up the thread and will be removed with a ban for repeat offenders.

This taken from Newnow shows like its a horse race to see who can finish past the line!!!............

Blackburn closing in on Kalinic FootballFanCast.com 12:18

In the last half-hour

Pompey still chasing Kalinic Sky Sports - Blackburn Rovers 12:14

In the last hour

Rovers closing in on Kalinic... 4thegame.com 11:50

In the last 2 hours

Hajduk Split confirm Kalinic on way to Blackburn TribalFootball 10:59

In the last 4 hours

Porto In Talks With Blackburn Rovers & Portsmouth Target Nikola Kalinic – Report Goal.com 09:41

Hart not giving up on Kalinic The News, Portsmouth - Portsmouth FC 09:13

Archived