BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, there are still a lot of transfers to be done till the end of the month since the crazy clubs (Manchester City and Real Madrid) still want to buy and have players to sell and/or loan.

And there are other big teams that still are chosing their squad for next season and will end up selling or loaning some good players.

i dont think we have a cat in hells chance of signing him, too expensive and bigger clubs would be interested. He'll end up in spain

Sorry, who don't think we have a chance in signing

Any why?

Lucas Biglia

This is taken from his wiki page

He has been touted as one of the stars to watch out for in the 2010 World Cup[citation needed]. Biglia has been capped for the Argentina Under-20 team where he won the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship alongside Barcelona's star Lionel Messi.[2]

He is a player often compared to Andrea Pirlo due to the way he plays the game. Biglia has a good passing range, high positional sense and a calm head.[3] The reason he chose Anderlecht instead of one of the bigger European teams is that he wanted a team that guarantees him first team football allied to the added bonus of playing in the UEFA Champions League, thus building a name for himself rather than sitting on the bench

Whether we like it or not, for players of this calibre we are a stepping stone club. He is using Anderlecht as a stepping stone to prove himself so that when he gets his next move to a big club he's not just a benchwarmer.

Biglia is absolute quality and despite his size he is simply too good not to make it in this league, or any other. He'd be the perfect signing to play that slightly sitting role, only we could expect a couple more goals from him than we got from Tugay and a bit more running. Not too expensive, realistic and he appears to be available and vying for a move. All the boxes are ticked, but somehow I just can't see it happening.

Biglia is absolute quality and despite his size he is simply too good not to make it in this league, or any other. He'd be the perfect signing to play that slightly sitting role, only we could expect a couple more goals from him than we got from Tugay and a bit more running. Not too expensive, realistic and he appears to be available and vying for a move. All the boxes are ticked, but somehow I just can't see it happening.

Presumably the one box not ticked is the financial one. He'd be a perfect signing like loads of others if we had the money.

Nicko, what's happening with David Bentley? Is he spending another season on Spurs bench or are there interested clubs? Could be worth a cheeky loan bid? Would certainly help the midfield problems.

(I know this isn't strictly Rovers related but he is an ex-player and we are in the market for a new midfielder)

I've asked this question at least twice and no answer from anywhere. Surely Bentley can't be staying at Spurs.

Presumably the one box not ticked is the financial one. He'd be a perfect signing like loads of others if we had the money.

I've asked this question at least twice and no answer from anywhere. Surely Bentley can't be staying at Spurs.

Would love Bentley to come back, but i fear his ego, and some of the bridges that he burnt with the club over his exit may prove too big a hurdle to overcome !

Until/if the Di Santo and Jancovic deals are done, we have no idea what transfer funds and wages are available in the budget so I think the short answer is we have not really tried for a midfield replacement yet.

Are there work permit issues with Biglia by the way? seems we are headed for appeal number 2 with the Croat, would it be a clean sweep with 3 successful appeals with Biglia as well?

As for Bentley, I believe Spuds want at least £12m which has tended to dampen enthusiasm. As things stand Rovers now seem to have good cover in Bentley's position which we didn't have in Ince's time. Unless Spuds desperately need the cash for an incoming and have no other way of getting it, I cannot see them shifting down from the £12m asking price very easily and on that basis Bentley has a season of bench warming and a summer watching the World Cup on TV to look forwards to.

What a silly boy.

Until/if the Di Santo and Jancovic deals are done, we have no idea what transfer funds and wages are available in the budget so I think the short answer is we have not really tried for a midfield replacement yet.

Are there work permit issues with Biglia by the way? seems we are headed for appeal number 2 with the Croat, would it be a clean sweep with 3 successful appeals with Biglia as well?

As for Bentley, I believe Spuds want at least £12m which has tended to dampen enthusiasm. As things stand Rovers now seem to have good cover in Bentley's position which we didn't have in Ince's time. Unless Spuds desperately need the cash for an incoming and have no other way of getting it, I cannot see them shifting down from the £12m asking price very easily and on that basis Bentley has a season of bench warming and a summer watching the World Cup on TV to look forwards to.

What a silly boy.

The problems now are the wage demands of players, pople mention Mendes at Rangers and his style ast year for Rangers was very much like Tugay but however good a player Tugay was, I feel we need a more Dynamic box to box player who can pass, hard to find, but there will be one out there and I know Sam will have some targets already!!

i would be pleased with the signings of di santo and kalinic. We would have a different options up front. Benni likes playing off a target man. Kalinic looks like a natural finisher. if we want to find a midfielder playmaker then maybe a bid for mendes. hes got the premier league experience and good passing of the ball. maybe a bid of 4 million should be enough to get him. maybe a bid for beye as well. bid of 3 million.

Juan Roman Riquelme or Mohammad Zidan ;)

First one for sure he's one of my favourites, no thanks to the other one.

Curiously does anyone know if wages are coming out of the budget again this year or do we have enough surplus to accomadate them. Just curious as we;ve cut back the wage bill and normally transfers include wages at rovers it would seem.

Thanks in advance.

Who is this new man we're in for? ;)

Sorry, had a Bobby Robson moment there!

Anyway, it is looking like Rovers might have some truly fantastic strength in depth this season.

Depending on how much is needed for the Tugay-replacement. I would imagine we will see a lot of young players going out on loan and not much by way of senior players being sold.

The competition for places is going to be fantastic and hopefully we will have long Cup runs to give everyone a fair crack.

what position? zidan is a striker. Juan is a guy who play in the hole behind a striker. dont think either would fit into our system of playing.

We don't really need any hole players now - Gokhan Inler type player required (obviously out of our bracket)

Can't help but worry that if the Di Santo loan falls through then we are going to be back to square one and still needing to spend a reduced budet of 6-7 million on a target man (if Kalinic signs). The Croation seems like a perfect replacement for Benni - perhaps he may be offloaded?

if we want to find a midfielder playmaker then maybe a bid for mendes. hes got the premier league experience and good passing of the ball. maybe a bid of 4 million should be enough to get him.

I would imagine we could get him for a lot less than that with the way the finances are up at Rangers. A cheeky two million first bid should get him, if not two and a half. Mendes undoubtedly has quality but i'd rather shell out six million on another up-and-coming with re-sale potential if we can.

one solution to the midfield problem would be to buy an oxygen chamber for Dunny to sleep in, if he stays fit we have the solution. (big IF there though)

No we don't. He hasn't had a run of good games since 2002. 'Past it' I think is the term.

I'd say Pedro Mendes fits the bill for a midfielder although Rangers probably wouldn't want to sell.

I agree. He is the Portuguese Tugay.

Comes deep to collect the ball, is good defensively and his passing is excellent. He likes to have the ball and also scores a few blinders as well. He also has a face only a mother could love :lol:

Why should we? We haven't kicked a ball in anger yet! Tell you what Topman you pay the wages for a week or two for no good reason.

Why should we? Jesus wept, lets sign em all August 15th, they'll all know each other and will have trained together wont they?

Dont we all pay there wages one way or another?

Archived