BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

If things pan out as hoped....

IN: Givet, Kalinic, Di Santo, Diouf, N'Zonzi, Jackobsen, Hoilett, Van Heerden

OUT: Cruz, Derbyshire, Vogel, Mokeona, Tugay, Ooijer, Treacy

If any of N'Zonzi, Hoilett or VDH make an impression that is a major major bonus, but really they are sidelines.

I dont think Rovers see NZonzi as sidelines..

Dont forget we also got shut of Simpson, Kane and they will soon be joined by Gunning, Bunn, Marrow and possibly Fielding.

Oh and the Greek keeper has come in, and maybe soon a 17 year old Brazilian defender....

Not only do I think that we'll be a better team, but financially it's been great too.

Plus the wage bill will have gone down.

Probably £5-7m paid off debts at least this summer - money still in the bank to spend, and like you say a much smaller wage cost at the moment. I think so far we are about £7m a year lighter in terms of wages (Just a guess).

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On that link, this guy is clearly his biggest fan.

I'm excited regardless. I would take Bilic's opinion over most people, particularly a poster on a random article.

reading a few posts down on that article, another guy says this is a rival fans comment, we would hardly comment on burnley having a future star so i think his opinion should be ignored ;)

Can anyone tell me what kind of player Kalinic is? I.e. Is he a strong centre forward or does he need to be bulked up a bit, what's his pace like, does he have good skills like Modric or as skillful as Micky Quinn etc etc

Maybe a comparison to another footballer in the Prem would be good.

excited about both di santo and kalinic possibly coming in, great to see us getting som new young blood into the team, been crying out for this for years.. now we got a younger squad with both more skill and pace. great! hope this come through. and hopefully lucas biglia for the money left:D

Can anyone tell me what kind of player Kalinic is? I.e. Is he a strong centre forward or does he need to be bulked up a bit, what's his pace like, does he have good skills like Modric or as skillful as Micky Quinn etc etc

A report on him says this:

"He is very fast and possesses a strong shot and great heading which are his stand-out characteristics."

You'd have to assume his technique is excellent if he is being compared to Davor Sukur. It does say he has a tendency to be greedy and not provide many assists, but I don't think that'll be a great problem in the role we'll play him. Also says one of his main weaknesses is his temper.

Maybe a comparison to another footballer in the Prem would be good.

Seems quite similar to Ruud Van Nistelrooy. Quite tall but mobile, decent with both feet and in the air. Seems to get the scruffy goals...

A report on him says this:

"He is very fast and possesses a strong shot and great heading which are his stand-out characteristics."

You'd have to assume his technique is excellent if he is being compared to Davor Sukur. It does say he has a tendency to be greedy and not provide many assists, but I don't think that'll be a great problem in the role we'll play him. Also says one of his main weaknesses is his temper.

Davor Suker with pace?

My favourite misleading description since Van Persie being descibed as 'Bergkamp but good in the air.'

Lets hope this guy delivers, as with a bit of luck, we should have some money left over to address our biggest remaining weakness.

On that link, this guy is clearly his biggest fan.

I'm excited regardless. I would take Bilic's opinion over most people, particularly a poster on a random article.

The guy apparently supports Kalinic's rival team, it's like SamDingle giving a review of one of our players.

I'd agree with the Van Nistelrooy comparison. Looks like he gets the scrappy goals and can be greedy, he's a goal scorer but not a goal creator.

Let's hope he's "Kalinical" in front of goal. Ho ho ho.

It´s funny how young players are compared star players. There´s very many next Vieira. N´Zoni is just one of them. Bosko Balaban or even great Davor has nothing to do how Kalinic will do in PL. Hope he signs us and gives us great times. Has Di Santo even chance to success? Crespo was great Argentinan striker and he couldn´t make it.

Impossible to tell how good, or otherwise he is from that video. If we watched a video of anyone, that was showing goal after goal, we would be impressed.

It's all a matter of whether he can "play" though. He will need at least the ability to hold the ball up well and make decent use of it. If he can do that as well as score a few goals, in one of the best leagues in the world, then he has every chance.

What's he general feeling of the fans if we do sign this guy? I've never seen him play so I can't judge him, anyone care to enlighten us?

If we do sign this guy and Di Santo, will Sam's attention turn to a midfielder or is that it for the spending, sabing the rest of the money maybe for the January transfer window?

I just hope one of Di Santo or Kala ;) signs. Or else people are going to start an all out war on here.

If we had to choose (not sure why we ever would though) I'd definitely want Kalinic as he'd actually be our player and not just on loan.

In the scenario of Kalinic signing, Di Santo is just an added bonus really.

:D lardarse goes to russia to watch a player,then we sign one who has been courted by another team in the premier,seems a strange and desperate way to me.never heard of this guy,maybe he will notch 20 goals like santa or be another grabbi :P

Hoping both are announced at the weekend. Sooner they're in, the sooner they can get to know their new teammates, and the sooner they are on the pitch doing their stuff in the friendlies we have left!

Archived