BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

I think nicko said Chelsea had given him a few days off to spend with his girlfriend/wife before he comes to us in the next few days, so I guess over the weekend or monday morning perhaps? Could be wrong, might not have been nicko who said it but someone definitely did.

cheers

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, but he could be staying somewhere close to us and Wigan and Bolton . . . . to name but a few who are “looking” at him!

Wigan have just bought Jason Scotland and already have the south american guy and Bolton just offered Davies a new contract and have Elmander.

We are probably the only ones who could offer him first team football as a certainty.

Jumping ahead, if as seems to be widely reported, Krancjar had been instrumental in getting Kalinic to Pompey, he must be feeling hugely unhappy and worried that Pompey could not even put the deposit down.

Pompey themselves must be fearing the worst as they presumably said to their prospective buyer- "hey we have got this bargain deal here so now is the ideal time to write the cheque."- and received nothing.

I know there are stories of £12m bids for Krancjar turned down by Pompey in good times but this smells like a cracking opportunity for Rovers and the Trust to step forwards if Sam fancies going for Krancjar if (when hopefully) Kalinic and Di Santo are on the books. I guess a decent cash element for Krancjar would be an offer Pompey would find very difficult to resist.

As for raising funds, anyone who saw the Leeds game would know Dunn would be absolutely the last player to be let go at this stage. I'd certainly look for a couple of million plus for Andrews on the other hand.

Does anybody not think that the reason we had so many injuries last season was down to the training and conditioning put into the players? It was reported last season that players were unhappy with training and Sam said they were nowhere near the right levels of fitness. If this was all true then it would go some way to explaining the injuries to Dunn and Grella. We all know Dunn has had his problems in the past and if he was not given the correct attention and work it may well have aided his injuries.

I just don't think we should be too quick to dismiss him this year. Sam will get the right conditioning into each player.

Pogrebnyak is set to join Stuttgart for 10 million Euros. Amazing money for someone with 3 months left on his contract, however good he is.

I understand what you are saying, but suppose we bought poggy for £9m and then he scored 20 goals in the first season, you would get bigger clubs sniffing willing to pay more (man city), so you would make money. but then suppose we bought darren bent for 15m, is he worth more just because he has a longer contract. you need to think about the player an what he can bring to the club rather than his contract length!

Does anybody not think that the reason we had so many injuries last season was down to the training and conditioning put into the players? It was reported last season that players were unhappy with training and Sam said they were nowhere near the right levels of fitness. If this was all true then it would go some way to explaining the injuries to Dunn and Grella. We all know Dunn has had his problems in the past and if he was not given the correct attention and work it may well have aided his injuries.

I just don't think we should be too quick to dismiss him this year. Sam will get the right conditioning into each player.

If your referring to Dunn and Grella.. both have long histories of injuries under different managers... would not of helped having a poor fitness regime under wincy but I doubt its the main factor, some players are just jinxed like that.

Pogrebnyak is set to join Stuttgart for 10 million Euros. Amazing money for someone with 3 months left on his contract, however good he is.

A german club close to signing him!? Could a club now negotiate with him to sign for free in 3 months time?

I know there are stories of £12m bids for Krancjar turned down by Pompey in good times but this smells like a cracking opportunity for Rovers and the Trust to step forwards if Sam fancies going for Krancjar if (when hopefully) Kalinic and Di Santo are on the books. I guess a decent cash element for Krancjar would be an offer Pompey would find very difficult to resist.

As for raising funds, anyone who saw the Leeds game would know Dunn would be absolutely the last player to be let go at this stage. I'd certainly look for a couple of million plus for Andrews on the other hand.

Agree on the Dunn point.

Also with Krancjar - I agree, just a shame they wouldnt swap for Pedersen ha

Does anybody not think that the reason we had so many injuries last season was down to the training and conditioning put into the players?

Im confident they will sort that out - hence why the likes of Reid, Emerton & Dunn havent been pushed too hard. With Dunn they know the exact problem of his injuries, all to do with weight being in the wrong places and not balancing out correctly :lol:

A german club close to signing him!? Could a club now negotiate with him to sign for free in 3 months time?

To play in January, yes they could.

Stuttgart probably know they wouldn't have a chance of signing him on a free though, there will be a host of big clubs willing to take him at that point.

I'd be more confident of Dunn, Reid et al staying fit and healthy if Sam had an extensive team behind him. At the moment, his back-room staff sounds threadbare.

I'm also worried about the backroom staff as well.

Does anyone know whats happening with the recruitment of sams backroom staff ?

Alan, the mirror here is 2 quid a shout and full of crap like ours in England !!!

Same in Kos last week so I read the "important" bits and put the buggar back on the stand :rolleyes:

Cannot believe anyone would pay 10M for a player going out of contract, I wonder what the player thinks about it all cause if I was him I think I'd see out my contract.

Surely he's free to speak to whomever he wants???

Also with Krancjar - I agree, just a shame they wouldnt swap for Pedersen ha

Im confident they will sort that out - hence why the likes of Reid, Emerton & Dunn havent been pushed too hard. With Dunn they know the exact problem of his injuries, all to do with weight being in the wrong places and not balancing out correctly :lol:

Have you been speaking to Dunny????? ;)

Krancjar would be a great signing him on the left with gamst moving inside would probably be a good move all round. Whats Petrov at City doing this year, is he back from injury he's a player I'd love to see in the blue N white.

Kamel story is very strange...the 'official' reason given as failing a medical...his club saying Rovers tried to reduce the price...not sure that the whole truth is out here.

In the past, when there have been medical problems with a player rovers wanted to sign, rovers have tried to re-negotiate the fee. Maybe this has happened again and Kamel's club have scuppered the deal?

I think Martin Petrov was being sold abroad last time I heard anything about him.

Have to admit Krancjar was a flight of fancy but nice to see so many agreeing about him. Still only 24 as well.

More worrying, apparently Split have said they took a phone call from Pompey last night but as Rovers have the lad at Brockhall, posession is nine tenths of the law etc.

Elsewhere, Mutu has to pay Chelsea almost £15m after he lost his appeal. Was that the most expensive snort ever?

No to the Pompey talks.

How do these negotiations generally proceed? Is there a standard procedure? Would Kalinic and his entourage actually have been taken to Brockhall and shown around the club, if so would there have been a medical already or would negotiations likely have taken place peremptorily in a Manchester hotel?

I believe the player has been at the training ground today...if terms have been agreed with the club and the player he would head off for a medical...if not he will be catching the late flight to Split with his tail between his legs and the 'board' going into meltdown.

Archived