BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent, so if he has to go back to Hadjuk soon we should know by today I guess or tomorrow at the latest.

Would be an excellent transfer window if we can have Di Santo and Kalinic signed up by the weekend.

Don't really know much about this guy but it's nice to be signing someone, and he seems to be pretty highly rated.

The best things about Kalinic are the age and fee. It's not a lot of money to be honest, and he has real sell on potential at 21. Just don't put a release clause in his contract of anything under 30m! We've seen how hard it is to replace players now, so make sure that any release clause is a ridiculous fee!

Special needs if he's agreed to go there.

CORRECT!!! :lol:

Kranjcar would be an excellent addition, as they sold Crouch for £9m, a cheeky bid for £5m might get the ball rolling... if not him, Lucas Biglia I reckon!!! ;)

Nicko has us going for this croat got anything to do with Kamel getting the hump??

(awful i know )

Not only awful, but that's at least the fifth time I've read it!

I really hope if we do sign Kalanic for £6 million that there is money left for a good central midfielder. I appreciate we'd have to move someone off the wage bill from that area first, though.

Nicko has us going for this croat got anything to do with Kamel getting the hump??

(awful i know )

Kamel story is very strange...the 'official' reason given as failing a medical...his club saying Rovers tried to reduce the price...not sure that the whole truth is out here.

The Croat just came out of nowhere on Tuesday night. But that's what happens in transfer windows.

I believe there will be a decision on Kalinic in the next few hours.

Whoops...just guaranteed a few requests for a running commentary on this one... :lol:

I really hope if we do sign Kalanic for £6 million that there is money left for a good central midfielder. I appreciate we'd have to move someone off the wage bill from that area first, though.

Can't see it, Chuck. Our one saleable asset this summer has been tied down to a long-term contract.

Kamel story is very strange...the 'official' reason given as failing a medical...his club saying Rovers tried to reduce the price...not sure that the whole truth is out here.

The Croat just came out of nowhere on Tuesday night. But that's what happens in transfer windows.

I believe there will be a decision on Kalinic in the next few hours.

Whoops...just guaranteed a few requests for a running commentary on this one... :lol:

nicko, not to get ahead of oursevles but if Kalinic goes through do you think that's it for the transfer window unless perhaps another loan or a freebie comes in, or will BFS be given more money to add to the midfield. Personally I think this is going to be it and I'm happy with that when you compare our squad to last year. The combined deal with wages and signing on fee must be pushing closer to 8m, if the transfer fee is in deed 6m or so

Can't see it, Chuck. Our one saleable asset this summer has been tied down to a long-term contract.

I reckon we could get rid of Dunn for a small fee, he's not really any more injury prone now than when ourselves and Bolton went after him a few years back.

Also, with Fulham seemingly given up on signing Greening they could well come back for Andrews, and if Sam has secured the Roque replacement for £6 million he see the offer being more attractive this time round.

SSN - Suggesting that Pompey are now going to revive their interest in him!!

Are we being used for a bigger wage?!

Portsmouth have probably realised that the lad is up at Blackburn...their fears were confirmed.

I can't see where they will find the money from.

Nicko,

Do you know if Di Santo is coming today?

I think nicko said Chelsea had given him a few days off to spend with his girlfriend/wife before he comes to us in the next few days, so I guess over the weekend or monday morning perhaps? Could be wrong, might not have been nicko who said it but someone definitely did.

I reckon we could get rid of Dunn for a small fee, he's not really any more injury prone now than when ourselves and Bolton went after him a few years back.

Dunn is pretty valuable to us, despite his flaws. There wouldn't be much point selling our most creative midfielder, then buying another. We'd need at least two to depend on for the entire campaign.

SSN - Suggesting that Pompey are now going to revive their interest in him!!

Are we being used for a bigger wage?!

More likely that Pompey are being used for a bigger wage I reckon. Pompey sound like they can't afford it.

So he is actually up here having a medical and thrashing out terms?

Wow - we might actually make a signing! :-)

I presume he is.. Nicko said he phoned around some hotels, I am guessing he wasnt phoning hotels in Portsmouth lol

How secure is it, IF we want him?

Just checked the SSN story is not right...Portsmouth know they can't get back into the race...sounds like someone has got a wrong story or possible the player's club are trying to keep the price up and an 'auction' going.

It happens.

Just checked the SSN story is not right...Portsmouth know they can't get back into the race...sounds like someone has got a wrong story or possible the player's club are trying to keep the price up and an 'auction' going.

It happens.

To be honest I'm not too worried about any Pompey re-interest. Trying to be unbiased I think this is one of the few times were more of an attractive proposition. Okay I'm not saying we are guaranteed to stay up but Pompey are in a sure relegation battle from the off and the manager doesn't exactly have the reputation to attract you.

As long as his agent/advisor is honest with him then I think he should choose us every time if there are similiar deals on the table. I guess the only worry is if Pompey's owner offers him silly wages. (As long as Kalinic is prepared to wait a month or two for his first pay packet to clear ;))

Archived