BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Sams business so far if we can get Nikola & Di Santo........

Van Heerden - 26 - International

Givet - 27 (6ft) - International

Jacobsen - 29 (5ft 11 1/2) - International

N'Zonzi - 20 (6ft 3)

Nikola Kalinic - 21 (6ft 1 1/2) - International

Di Santo - 20 - (6ft 4) - U20 international

Nikos Giannakopoulos - 16

Hoilett - recalled

Some of the players gone - Tugay(38), Ooijer (35), Mokoena (28), Vogel (32)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which one of you cheeky buggers has been playing with his wiki?

Kalinic went for a 1-week trial at English Premier League outfit Portsmouth F.C. in late July of this year and a fee thought to be in the region of £6 million was agreed. However the move fell through due to financial reasons. Insiders suggest that rather than this, he wanted to join a better team in Blackburn Rovers, and his transfer is likely to go through in a matter of days

Lol. Well we are a better team than Pompey. I just hope we do this deal quickly, before Arry blinks again lol

Kalinic went for a 1-week trial at English Premier League outfit Portsmouth F.C. in late July of this year and a fee thought to be in the region of £6 million was agreed. However the move fell through due to financial reasons. Insiders suggest that rather than this, he wanted to join a better team in Blackburn Rovers, and his transfer is likely to go through in a matter of days

not me, honest...

:lol:

That is superb, made my morning!!

Got to point out here, that a good few weeks back I was 'armchair scouting' and I stumbled across this guy (Nikola Kalinic), watched the youtube clips, did a little more digging & then mentioned him on the old version of this thread as a potential signing, nobody said anything about it at the time... Not too long after it seemed he was going to Pompey, and now we look like we might be getting him... Got to say that I'm feeling extremely smug at the moment!!! :D

(Just in case JW reads this... What are my chances of getting a job scouting for the Rovers??? :lol: )

So Nicko have we asked the lad to have a 'trial' or is it a more straight forward deal?

Our 'trials' seem to scupper 90% of our deals.

Sam usually asks his targets to do a 'test' - both physical and mental - before they sign...

Not sure if that will be applied in this case, have to watch that one.

Sam usually asks his targets to do a 'test' - both physical and mental - before they sign...

Not sure if that will be applied in this case, have to watch that one.

A bit like the Krypton Factor?

Nicko - So have we agreed £4m + £2m in extra's? What sort of wages, £30k a week?

That was the Pompey deal, Rovers may try to rejig it. That's the normal negotiation thing.

I can't see wages being a problem.

A bit like the Krypton Factor?

Without Gordon Burns.

This might sound odd, but I am actually MORE keen on Kalinic after seeing his bloopers reel. He showed some excellent touches to get into many of those positions, not one miss was truly woeful- the worst was the couple he just hit low and tame at the keeper. If THAT is the worst he's come up with, I'm actually encouraged by that video!!!

Nicko...sorry to point this out mate, you do great work, but...shouldn't you admit you were wrong about the opposition sleeping? The Sun had it out this morning and so did the LET.

Are you sure the fee is around 6 million plus? Portsmouth were only paying 5.5 supposedly, I'd really have hoped we offered them 5 million straight cash or something.

im actually goint to agree with you. if that was his bad finishing and positional play, im wondering how it looks when its good. The first time ive been impressed by a blooper video :lol:

young, talented and with resale value.. love it.

NICKO : As this deal is reported around the 6 mill mark, do you know if sams has any midfielders targetted..?? surely he musr have some extra cash..

I'm going to try and not get excited about this, because whenever I do something seems to go wrong. However, Kalinić is almost exactly the sort of player I thought we should be going for with the Roque money. Come on Sam, make it happen.

I'm going to try and not get excited about this, because whenever I do something seems to go wrong. However, Kalinić is almost exactly the sort of player I thought we should be going for with the Roque money. Come on Sam, make it happen.

I think we're all in agreement with you here-see the Ghilas move for an example. This guy looks like he could have the lot.

Looking at that youtube video, he likes to put his penalties to the keeper's left doesn't he?! I was amazed that the keepers kept going to their right time after time.

Sams business so far if we can get Nikola & Di Santo........

Van Heerden - 26 - International

Givet - 27 (6ft) - International

Jacobsen - 29 (5ft 11 1/2) - International

N'Zonzi - 20 (6ft 3)

Nikola Kalinic - 21 (6ft 1 1/2) - International

Di Santo - 20 - (6ft 4) - U20 international

Nikos Giannakopoulos - 16

Hoilett - recalled

Some of the players gone - Tugay(38), Ooijer (35), Mokoena (28), Vogel (32)

I am surprised and impressed by Sam's signings. Davies seemed about right - older player with a bit of a track record - yes, big ugly types coming to the end of their time (Sorry Ivan) yes.

However while some arrivals are big, and some are undoubtedly ugly (co-incidently Hughsey you missed Diouf!), he seems to have reshaped the squad in a very football oriented way and if only half the above come off we have a much more athletic and capable football squad than we've had for years and some good football players to boot. I'm impressed.

I even think - looking at the way the re-vamped squad is panning out - the lack of a creative midfielder (ala Bentley etc.) matters all that much if you've four good attackers with pace, all you really need is a couple of holding types and progressive full backs..

I think we're all in agreement with you here-see the Ghilas move for an example. This guy looks like he could have the lot.

Looking at that youtube video, he likes to put his penalties to the keeper's left doesn't he?! I was amazed that the keepers kept going to their right time after time.

Yes, I agree, penalty shoot outs should favour the keeper!! he would have to vary the pens somewhat!

However, most good players know a keepers weaker side and also he places the ball in the direction the keeper has come from (wrong footing him) but he was fishing with both feet and a couple of decent headers too, his movement is good and his strength will improve as will his experience!

*cough*depedro*cough*

(sorry, seeing his name brought up again yesterday just made me think about that. Sadly, one of the few times we've signed a player who we weren't linked with, but someone strongly felt we should sign knowing he was available.)

Prof - diouf was signed in Jan, I was just talking about our summer business.

I'm very impressed so far, if we can bag Di Santo & Nikola then we are much stronger than last season. If we can add some quality to midfield then even better

Prof - diouf was signed in Jan, I was just talking about our summer business.

I'm very impressed so far, if we can bag Di Santo & Nikola then we are much stronger than last season. If we can add some quality to midfield then even better

Can't argue with that!

I am at work at youtube is blocked could someone please tell me what type of player he is, strengths, weakneses etc

I checked out his Wiki but not much on there is a target man, strong on the ball etc?

I f I was to make comparisons, he is very similar in style to Gary Linekar, wouldnt call him a target man at all, favours his right foot but can use his left, knows where the goal is and his movement is quite good too, you tube is deceptive and doesnt show his work off the ball or when the chips are down, not too sure about his first touch or with his back to goal, but when you consider Campbell at £6,000,000 - this is a steal!!

If we do the deal, it will be a wait for the work permit as quite probably an appeal will be needed. Not enough caps but injuries can explain a number of absences, Kalinic having been picked then ruled out. Slaven Bilic's comments must surely help.

Don't know whether there will be work permit complications for Di Santo's loan from Chelsea- depends how they structure it and whether he remains on the Chelsea payroll or not.

The Youtube clips show a player who seems to get into the box at exactly the right moment and who is strong in winning and keeping the ball- whether PL players are as brushable off as Croatian League players is an open issue but some of his executions show great awareness and an excellent flair for ball control and placement. In fact his bloopers video are mostly because he has gone for placement and the keeper anticipated/got lucky.

If we do the deal, it will be a wait for the work permit as quite probably an appeal will be needed. Not enough caps but injuries can explain a number of absences, Kalinic having been picked then ruled out. Slaven Bilic's comments must surely help.

Don't know whether there will be work permit complications for Di Santo's loan from Chelsea- depends how they structure it and whether he remains on the Chelsea payroll or not.

Kalinic would definitely be a work permit appeal job, but they can be quite quick - especially with a new season to come. Another reason why this needs to be decided pretty fast.

Di Santo has an EC passport.

Celta .. claiming [Ghilas] talks have broken down due to financial differences.

"It is not true that there is a physical problem with the player, the issue is down to money," said Celta's general manager Antonio Chaves.

"We reached an agreement with Blackburn, and then they wanted to change things at the last minute.

"Because of this the operation has broken down."

Archived