BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elsewhere, Mutu has to pay Chelsea almost £15m after he lost his appeal. Was that the most expensive snort ever?

Off topic! Ban! Ban! ;)

Would be very happy with Kalinic, he looks like a prospect and a half. I won't allow myself to get excited before he's actually signed, though! Wish Di Santo would make the trip up North soon too.

Checking this tread and finding nothing has changed, is like checking your lottery ticket to find you have 2 numbers, and the rest are very close the the numbers drawn.

frustrating and upsetting

Checking this tread and finding nothing has changed, is like checking your lottery ticket to find you have 2 numbers, and the rest are very close the the numbers drawn.

frustrating and upsetting

:lol: Don't be such a drama queen.

I like the comments under the article. The fans are geniunely devastated to be losing this chance.

Also is anybody else starting to feel positive about the season ahead? It is a strange, uncommon feeling to me that often leads to disappointment.

• Backroom

Happy enough with Kalinic if it comes off, wonder if he's brought his boots and fancies a run out tomorrow.

Once that box is ticked hopefully Sam will go to the board and ask to use the rest of the cash for a playmaker.

Oh by the way has 'resale value' been mentioned yet? :P

I hope we do sign Kalinic. Although I have only seen youtube videos of him he looks a decent player, even the video showing the bad sides of him is not that bad as all strikers miss opportunities. None of them are glaring misses but rather ones you would expect all strikers to miss now and again. At least it is only 3mins long not 10!!

Also, it would be good to have a young, up-and-coming striker to be proud of, in fact may even be strikeforce if the Di Santo deal is finalised. Except for Derbs (who we all accept is nothing special) we haven't had real quality youngsters for a few years so to now potentially have Kalinic, 21, and Di Santo, 20, (although only for a year) would be promising. Just have to hope they can both perform.

A young, vibrant squad with a mix of the older, experienced guys like McCarthy, Dunn, Emerton. Things are beginning to take shape and look a lot better. In Sam we trust!!

I like the comments under the article. The fans are geniunely devastated to be losing this chance.

Also is anybody else starting to feel positive about the season ahead? It is a strange, uncommon feeling to me that often leads to disappointment.

If things pan out as hoped....

IN: Givet, Kalinic, Di Santo, Diouf, N'Zonzi, Jackobsen, Hoilett, Van Heerden

OUT: Cruz, Derbyshire, Vogel, Mokeona, Tugay, Ooijer, Treacy

You do have to say that this represents some decent transfer business. The average age has come down a few years, there is proven quality in Givet and Diouf mixed with more exciting youth players.... However we do need at least one of Di Santo and Kalinic to be a hit, and Jackobsen needs to keep fitness. If these things don't happen we could be in in trouble.

If any of N'Zonzi, Hoilett or VDH make an impression that is a major major bonus, but really they are sidelines.

I am optimistic. Also still should have a few million to spend, although I would like us to shift someone first. But as said what will make and break it is if Di Santo and Kalinic do the business.

I agree, they dont seem a happy bunch!

Puts things into prospective, Pompey splashed cash and had a year of FA Cup glory and players like Diara, Johnson, Crouch and Defoe. Now look at them! Losing targets to the mighty Rovers!

Very excited for the Croatian.

Still not convinced Di Santo's coming though. Hope im wrong. But staff at Chelsea gave me confused looks, maybe they just not in ''the know.''

We need men at every hotel in Lancashire and dozens down Brockhall with pieces of cardboard saying "You are more than a footballer" like the Turks did with Darius "Donkey" Vassell.

Rovers favour the Dunkenhalgh for their visitors. If he's here I'll bet that's where he'll be.

Happy enough with Kalinic if it comes off, wonder if he's brought his boots and fancies a run out tomorrow.

Once that box is ticked hopefully Sam will go to the board and ask to use the rest of the cash for a playmaker.

Oh by the way has 'resale value' been mentioned yet? :P

Ha, ha, true indeed. But I guess we'd better sign him first. ;)

If things pan out as hoped....

IN: Givet, Kalinic, Di Santo, Diouf, N'Zonzi, Jackobsen, Hoilett, Van Heerden

OUT: Cruz, Derbyshire, Vogel, Mokeona, Tugay, Ooijer, Treacy, Villanueva

Not only do I think that we'll be a better team, but financially it's been great too (I'm adding Carlos to the 'outs' as we were paying his wages).

In total: £11 million

Out total: £21 million

Plus the wage bill will have gone down, Williams said that was one of the aims of this summer. I'd still like us to ditch a central midfielder or two, but I think it's (potentially!) been great work so far.

Anyone else think after all this time waiting for a striker 2 could come in on the same day (Kalinic & Santos?) :).

so if they 6.5 million is to be believes for the crotain I make that 6.5 still left to find a midfielder persuimg with have that money left who whould you go for?

I think I would try for Krankaar or try for Bentley on loan ?

wiseguy Says:

January 11th, 2009 at 13:08

Nikola Kalinic is by far the most overrated Croatian player since dynamo zagreb’s Bosko Balaban (in time of his transfer to Aston Villa). In Croatia he is known as Nikola - Penalty, since that is the place from which he is able to score. Every time he touches the ball, his price goes up for half a mil?! He was deliberately put in national team to make his price arise a bit. The most painful ten minutes for any Croatian supporter. He is priced somewhere around 10 million euros, but his real price shouldn’t be much higher than 600-700.000 euros.

On that link, this guy is clearly his biggest fan.

I'm excited regardless. I would take Bilic's opinion over most people, particularly a poster on a random article.

Archived