BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very happy to hear that we aren't now just going to settle with what we have got. We all know that we need a quality creative midfielder, yet I had the feeling we would just stash the rest of our money away and hope that what we have will do the job. Big Sam is doing everything right.

nicko: do you know whats the hold up with kalinic? has he agreed personal terms and had a madical? is it just up to negotiating price between the two clubs?

Is that the technical term for BFS's extended test? Is that why the Algerian bloke didn't cut the mustard. Crazy! :o

I believe the hunt has started for a midfielder, mainly because the feeling is that these two strikers are coming in.

The profile is basically to find the 'new Tugay.'

Pretty difficult as that style of player is a dying breed, and the ones that are around cost a hell of a lot of money. Good to see they are actively searching though to see if there is one out there in our price range.

• Backroom

I'd say Pedro Mendes fits the bill for a midfielder although Rangers probably wouldn't want to sell.

I'd still like Tuncay but he would have to play a bit deeper than he is used to.

I believe the hunt has started for a midfielder, mainly because the feeling is that these two strikers are coming in.

The profile is basically to find the 'new Tugay.'

Garcia would surprise me, but things happen fast in August...or even late July in the case of Kalinic who was nowhere near the list just a week ago.

Well, Rothen hasn't signed with the Italians or anyone else as far as I can tell.

Nicko, what's happening with David Bentley? Is he spending another season on Spurs bench or are there interested clubs? Could be worth a cheeky loan bid? Would certainly help the midfield problems.

(I know this isn't strictly Rovers related but he is an ex-player and we are in the market for a new midfielder)

• Backroom

A question for people a bit more in the know than myself, if we do get the Croatian, where is he likely to be at in regards to fitness?

does the Croatian season run similarly to ours?

nicko: do you know whats the hold up with kalinic?

It has been less than 24 hours, get a grip! Wait for news from the club or for Nicko to post. I am sure he is not going to sit on information about either deal, so chill out.

Coming up tomorrow:

Why hasn't Di Santo signed yet?

;)

2 weeks or so to sign a player of tugays calibre .........good luck with that one, always admired a pinpoint crossfield pass , or a through ball weighted inch perfect, or a tackle that lets a player know that if he holds on to the ball to long he is going to get another.

Midfield is the key and i was hoping it would have been adressed before roque went, the jewel of all football in my eyes is a gelled midfield.

Tugay's quality wont be replaced easily.

It has been less than 24 hours, get a grip! Wait for news from the club or for Nicko to post. I am sure he is not going to sit on information about either deal, so chill out.

Coming up tomorrow:

Why hasn't Di Santo signed yet?

;)

why hasn't Di Santo signed yet?

Don't expect a Tugay replacement anytime soon. It's taken well over a month to replace Santa Cruz, and we still haven't rubberstamped it.

Why should we? We haven't kicked a ball in anger yet! Tell you what Topman you pay the wages for a week or two for no good reason.

The one player that springs to mind for me when thinking about a Tugay replacement is Lucas Biglia.

He is similar in stature, has a great passing range but also more pace than Tugay had (certainly while he was at Rovers anyway). Watching the video, the way he sits in front of the defence and the way he uses little tricks to get away from players pressuring him is very reminiscent of Tugay IMO. There is also the benefit of him only being 23. The only thing that would stop me immediately going and buying him if I was the manager is that he is very small and a bit lightweight, not that that stopped Tugay.

Archived