BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only really knew about Kalinic through FM before, when I signed him for Atalanta. He did score five goals against my biggest rival, so let's hope he can put five past the dingles as well ;)

I take it you mean in the first half. :D

KALINIC...looking good...not done yet...player wants to come and is still here...just some juggling of the figures and fees to be sorted out...one note of caution...Porto ARE keen and want to do a deal...but the player prefers to come to England.

DI SANTO...strange one...Chelsea have agreed the loan, the player is happy to come but he has not arrived...the comment earlier about him asking for the weekend to spend in London before moving may be the reason for the delay...think this is going to happen but starting to wonder if Chelsea are going to ask for a loan fee and are trying to make Rovers sweat...they behaved oddly at the death in a deal with a pal of mine last season...but what can you do?...it's a favour after all.

No other news, although I think a couple of clubs are watching Gally. More on that when it becomes concrete.

KALINIC...looking good...not done yet...player wants to come and is still here...just some juggling of the figures and fees to be sorted out...one note of caution...Porto ARE keen and want to do a deal...but the player prefers to come to England.

DI SANTO...strange one...Chelsea have agreed the loan, the player is happy to come but he has not arrived...the comment earlier about him asking for the weekend to spend in London before moving may be the reason for the delay...think this is going to happen but starting to wonder if Chelsea are going to ask for a loan fee and are trying to make Rovers sweat...they behaved oddly at the death in a deal with a pal of mine last season...but what can you do?...it's a favour after all.

No other news, although I think a couple of clubs are watching Gally. More on that when it becomes concrete.

Di Santo looking to do some last minute shopping Nicko?

That solves it. GBP then.

Think that's 35k/w.

28,846.1538 k/w.

And Den, at least if he does well and is off a year from now he will make us a tidy profit to fund his replacement, unlike if Franco proves himself and is off a year from now, leaving us with nothing to fund his replacement with.

28,846.1538 k/w.

And Den, at least if he does well and is off a year from now he will make us a tidy profit to fund his replacement, unlike if Franco proves himself and is off a year from now, leaving us with nothing to fund his replacement with.

What about the prize money from finishing higher in the league due to his impact? :tu: Both signings are very positive and represent shrewd business skills. Sam has gone about this transfer window perfectly for a club like us, buying young guys at decent fee's with potential, helping to fund us in the future. He has also taken the risk on some cheap 'squad' players that may shine in a different team like ours, and we have also got some experience at the back with the signing of Jacobsen.

Compare this transfer window to last summer under Ince, and smile.

Isn't there always loan fees? No?

(quote) Isn't there always loan fees? No?

No, however if a loan fee is in place then a team cannot recall the player untill the full loan period is complete. If no fee is involved the parent club can insert a recall clause. To the best of my knowledge anyway.

edit - sorry whoever asked that, the quote got lost somewhere in posting and I can't see how you can add it afterwards.

Nicko - You're forgetting that we're doing Chelsea a favour in return. He wouldn't be joining Rovers if he was the finished article.

It's mutual. He is probably worth more to Rovers than Chelsea next season, mind you...or at least that's the hope.

Let's see how this pans out over the next 24 hours. No reason to worry, but I suspect there are some small-print issues...

If the Chelsea football people are happy, the player is happy and Rovers are happy the only hold-up has to be between the money men about something.

It's mutual. He is probably worth more to Rovers than Chelsea next season, mind you...or at least that's the hope.

Let's see how this pans out over the next 24 hours. No reason to worry, but I suspect there are some small-print issues...

If the Chelsea football people are happy, the player is happy and Rovers are happy the only hold-up has to be between the money men about something.

If you had to guess Alan which player do you think will sign first of the two?

Don't forget that several Premier League teams (most notably Wham) are also sniffing around for strikers. I'm sure we need Di Santo more than Chelsea need to offload him specifically to us.

Yes, but we've got a good track record recently of improving players.

Santa

Bellamy

Bentley

Warnock ect

Chelsea may think we are the better option due to our recent track record. hopefully the Di Santo too.

If you had to guess Alan which player do you think will sign first of the two?

I don't think it matters...I believe both will be done over the next 24 hours.

Kalanic has come up so quickly - and will take a bit of negotiating - so that has occupied the 'high-ups' for the last 24 hours-plus.

Di Santo is just assumed to be going ahead, so if there is some fine-tuning that may have been put on the backburner while Kalinic is done.

It will still be interesting to see if Sam is at Sheff Wed tomorrow or is off on his travels again. I heard he was going away again, but if these two are all but done then there might not be a need.

Nicko,

If Kalinic and Di Santo do both sign, who do you think will get the number 9 shirt?

You would imagine the full-time signing would get it if he wants it...

Nicko - do you know if we are now looking at other areas then like midfield?

Was there anything in the Luis Garcia rumours?

I believe the hunt has started for a midfielder, mainly because the feeling is that these two strikers are coming in.

The profile is basically to find the 'new Tugay.'

Garcia would surprise me, but things happen fast in August...or even late July in the case of Kalinic who was nowhere near the list just a week ago.

Archived