BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Doubt this one will go through today now, although did Nicko not say if it doesn't he'll have to go back to Croatia.

Wonder if he fancies watching a reserve game in Accrington :)

Im getting very nervous. If we want him badly, we will say go do your medical. Split here is your 6mill and the player signs. However these bloody agents will just mess us around.

Im getting very nervous. If we want him badly, we will say go do your medical. Split here is your 6mill and the player signs. However these bloody agents will just mess us around.

hopefully if we were serious, we will have had the legal chaps on stand by for today to get the offer out, and do the legal bits and bobs, as they don`t tend to want to work the weekends :-)

Looking forward to getting some kind of confirmation on both of the guys, as if it doesn`t come today/tonight, i doubt we will hear until Monday

I think they will be doing a medical, cant see them letting him go back without signing!!

Ths is so frustrating though, once we sew the two strikers up, we have a decent squad, a good midfielder and we would have an excellent squad!!

From the videos, Kalinic is very Davor Suker esc imo.

Out of all the strikes ever to play the game, you compare him to Davor Suker?

Apart from being a striker, and Croatian they dont have much in common.

He's more like Pavlychenko, off the top of my head.

Out of all the strikes ever to play the game, you compare him to Davor Suker?

Apart from being a striker, and Croatian they dont have much in common.

He's more like Pavlychenko, off the top of my head.

His movement is more like Linekar, attacks space!!

But he must watch his pens, cant keep putting every single one in the same place!!

Haven't seen any live footage of Kalinic, i have heard about him being a very good prospect though. With the right nurturing under a decent manager he could become a very good striker. Bit of a legend on FM as well for those who play the game.

Not the striker i would have gone for but i'd be happy to see such a decent prospect come to the club.

Apparently a 15% sell on fee is included in the deal?

For a 21 year old full international you've got to expect that. In truth we may have done well to keep it so low.

Someone was translating an article on the BBC forums from the Croatian press which appeared to state it included a 15% sell on fee. It could be tosh which is why I asked here.

Here we go.

Interesting comment about "biggest since Shearer".

--

Kalinic is the second richest transfer in Blackburn's history

The soap opera surrounding Nikola Kalinic has finally come to an end, as everything has been agreed with EPL side Blackburn. After two days of "games" and secret SMS's, Tomislav Erceg called with a happy voice.

- They say that his arrival in Blackburn, after Alan Shearer, is the biggest transfer in the history of the club - said Erceg, who confirmed that Kalinic had passed a medical and that he man not return to Croatia but rather join up with the team.

But what happened in the past few days, what went on with Portsmouth, did Kalinic and Erceg, as was written in the media, go to Portugal? After they couldn't reach an agreement with Portsmouth they were in limbo and contacted only with Mater Peros (Hajduk president) and Jako Andabak (board member).

- It's pretty simple, when we arrived in Portsmouth on Tuesday, they told us to wait until Friday morning. We didn't want them to play games with us so we decided to leave straight away for London. In the meantime we receive a concrete off from Blackburn, who were since the beginning interested. So we immediately left London for Blackburn. We left from London to Manchester, and then to Blackburn. We didn't go to Portugal, the last few days were spent in Blackburn. They greeted Kalinic like a true star, they are expected big things from him this season - said Erceg.

Hajduk is supposed to receive 7m euros for the transfer and 15% of any future transfer. Kalinic is to receive a salary of 1.5kk per season.

- We received the official offer and I have to admit that it was the best one of all the ones we have received to date for Kalinic. Very quickly we finished the talks with the club. We had a number of offers for Kalinic, but this one was absolutely the best - said Hajduk's president Mate Peros.

--

Source:

http://www.sportal.hr/nogomet/kalinic-drug..._utmk=109721989

Archived