BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Nixon

It's August. Journalists do take family holidays like everyone else.

Nicko is away in Scotland after his Father passed away this week....................I did not want to post this but feel that we might have gone down hill with the different guesses on his whereabouts.....................

He is Up in Scotland, organising things...............................

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicko is away in Scotland after his Father passed away this week....................I did not want to post this but feel that we might have gone down hill with the different guesses on his whereabouts.....................

All sympathies from BRFCS Nicko, we greatly appreciate what you provide the Message Boards and our best wishes are with your family :tu:

Condolences to Nicko.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at Alan Smith. I reckon he would add some much needed steel in the holding role, but his fitness is a gamble - and the treatment table is already heavily occupied. And right now a holding midfielder is not a priority.

Thanks for that Unleaded. I am sure nicko would appreciate your motive in letting us all know then there would not be any stupid speculation (even inadvertently). Obviously he was not feeling in any state to start discussing the situation on here and had to just get away and attend to things.

However now we all know the reason for his sudden departure, I am sure we would all wish to pass on to Nicko our genuine feelings of sympathy to him and his family.

My condolences to Nicko.

I was afraid it was something serious like this :(

Very possible. I've been scouring the Mirror all week and there's not been a single piece by Alan Nixon. I was wondering if he'd been bombed out by Darren Ince-Lewis for being nice to Rovers fans.

Odd though.

Or maybe just having a break, catching up on family life etc. People can speculate, but if Nicko has not wanted to say why, it is his choice and a choice that should be respected.

Just noticed the post about Nicko's Father - condolences.

I was hoping people would stop guessing so that didn't have to come out.

I spoke to him over PM just after he went off, he's got a lot to sort and obviously isn't in the best place but there's no doubt in my mind he'll be back on. Lets just give him some space now.

Archived