vs Liverpool (oct 94)..........30,263

vs Man Utd (oct 94)............30,260

vs Liverpool (aug 97)..........30,187

vs Sunderland (jan 99)........30,125.....FA Cup rd4

vs Liverpool (nov 94)..........30,115.....Coca Cola Cup rd4

vs Liverpool (sept 03).........30,074

vs Liverpool (nov 07)..........30,033

vs Tottenham (dec 95).......30,004

vs Newcastle (Jan2000)......29,946.....FACup rd5 (div1)

vs Liverpool (apr 99)..........29,944

vs Man City (apr2000)........29,913.......Div1 (city promoted)

vs Man Utd (apr 2010)..........29,912

vs Sunderland (dec 01).......29,869

vs Man Utd (aug 95)...........29,843

vs Arsenal (mar 03)...........29,840

vs Man Utd (aug 01)..........29,836

vs Arsenal (apr 96)............29,834

vs Celtic (nov 02)..............29,698......UEFA Cup

vs Liverpool (dec 09)........29,660

vs Tottenham (jan 99)........29,643

vs Man Utd (may 04)..........29,616

vs Liverpool (nov 96)..........29,598

vs Man City (Aug 09)..........29,584

vs Everton (mar 96)...........29,468

vs Huddersfield (apr 01).....29,406.....(div1)

vs Liverpool (dec 06).........29,342

vs Newcastle (may 98).......29,300

vs Newcastle (dec 04)........29,271

vs Liverpool (aug 02).........29,207

vs Liverpool (april 06)........29,142

vs Man Utd (Jan 03)...........29,048......league cup semi final

vs Man City (dec 95)..........28,915

vs Bolton (april 03)............28,862

vs Liverpool (nov 01).........28,859

vs Southampton (apr 02)....28,851

vs Bumley (mar05.............28,691........FACup

vs Man City (mar 03).........28,647

vs Arsenal (mar 04)...........28,627

Huddersfield?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume it's season ticket holders not coming on the day. There are about 10% who don't turn up on average for any given game.

Do season tickets not get automatically added to the attendance. Even if they dont turn up, attendance has been paid for. I say this because I have a ST but cant make every game, but I'd like to think weather I turn up or not my support is registered in a way.

That would mean technically it was nearer a sell out.

Incidently at one point yesterday evening SSN flashed up the score and gave the attendance as 25,100.

Nearly choked on my Shiraz!

Do season tickets not get automatically added to the attendance. Even if they dont turn up, attendance has been paid for. I say this because I have a ST but cant make every game, but I'd like to think weather I turn up or not my support is registered in a way.

Don't be daft, it's an attendance figure, i.e the number of people attending the game!

Fiver a ticket if I recall

But what i dont understand is, Fulham arent renowned for bringing many fans.

So if they only had half the upper tier of the Darwen End that is 1500 off the capacity + how many they brought.

I just dont understand how that figure was achieved!

But what i dont understand is, Fulham arent renowned for bringing many fans.

So if they only had half the upper tier of the Darwen End that is 1500 off the capacity + how many they brought.

I just dont understand how that figure was achieved!

Because the upper tier is still split and we had the whole lower tier and half the upper. I seem to remember fulham selling out as well. so the missing were likely to be segregation, missing corporate and those that didnt attend for various reasons.

Wasn't the Fulham match a celebration of the Worthington Cup win as well? As the league position in Feb wasn't that great, they held it over to the end of the season, it also ended up being a decent league run in the end.

So it benefitted from glorious weather that day, £5 a ticket, a general feel good factor of establishing ourselves back in the Premiership, and celebrating the cup triumph.

As for the match, wasn't it the one where Andy Cole half tackled , half dribbled round Maik Taylor for one of the goals? I remember it being p funny.

I watched an arsenal game on the telly recently and I'm sure they announced the attendance as about 60000 andthere were only about 40000 there and the comentatora said the gate was based on tickets sold, so season ticket holders who hadn't attended were also counted.

I watched an arsenal game on the telly recently and I'm sure they announced the attendance as about 60000 andthere were only about 40000 there and the comentatora said the gate was based on tickets sold, so season ticket holders who hadn't attended were also counted.

Some clubs do different things, it is bizarre though. Attendance and tickets sold are totally different!

After the recent visit of the red scum (att 29,912)

this season`s average home attendance currently stands at 25,293 with two home games left (Everton & L`arse) :tu:

:rover:

After the recent visit of the red scum (att 29,912)

this season`s average home attendance currently stands at 25,293 with two home games left (Everton & L`arse) :tu:

:rover:

So we need to average 27,260 over the last two games to get to an average of 25,500 for the season.

Pretty sure that was a tenner a ticket job, also I'm sure we only gave them half the top tier of the Darwen End?

Good memories that Huddersfield match,night game if my memory serves me right.Yes,it was a Tenner and there was only about a thousand away fans in the DE top tier.Fantastic level of support in Div 1 as promotion gathered pace under Souness.

The offish site hasn`t got the offish attendance for yesterdays visit of the blue bin-dippers, but skysports is saying the attendance was 27,022 :tu:

That`s upped the seasons average attendance from 25,293 up to 25,389 :rover: with only L`arse to visit us in two weeks.

If anybody`s interested, Rovers have had 456,997 people through the Ewood gates (for league games) this season so far. Do people on here think we could realistically build on this next term :huh: ?? or can they see it falling away? :huh:

COYB :brfc:

Good memories that Huddersfield match,night game if my memory serves me right.Yes,it was a Tenner and there was only about a thousand away fans in the DE top tier.Fantastic level of support in Div 1 as promotion gathered pace under Souness.

Pretty sure it was a Sunday game, not that it matters like.

Looks like the 25,500 average mark after Arsenal then :tu:

Can we improve that next season? Well there's an article on the Official site saying that there have been many brand new ST applications for next season and the numbers already on the BBE and Riverside waiting lists have suprised them.

To make the Darwen End more a more attractive option, they should have charged £209 and included (in that price) the 3 games where they will have to move elsewhere. As it is now it will cost a total of £228.00 after purchasing the 3 excluded games at £26.00

To make the Darwen End more a more attractive option, they should have charged £209 and included (in that price) the 3 games where they will have to move elsewhere. As it is now it will cost a total of £228.00 after purchasing the 3 excluded games at £26.00

I would have liked to see a total season package for the DE - maybe with seats pre-allocated to other parts of the ground for the big matches. But lets not forget - we get moved to the Jack Walker stand, where prices are far higher - so it still means good value.

The key - sell enough DE tickets that they can't move to other parts of the ground - we may then see a total season ticket for the DE.

Arsenal have been allocated 3000 tickets for the game initially and on their website it says that there may be an option for a further allocation. By that I would imagine they would be looking at a similar allocation to that of Everton (4700).

If arsenal dont take up the option or are not allocated a further 2000 tickets then I dont see Rovers selling any more than the seasonal average and with Arsenals current away day issues I dont think they will bring a full sell out of visiting supporters which might just see the average remain under 25500.

Despite that, I think the club will be very pleased with that average.

As for next seasons sales, it bodes well with the early price issue and the fact that there is a waiting list for the BBurn End and Riverside. I think Rovers could actually be on a winner and improve sales for next season and wonder if we can go the extra mile and sign someone early enough that will encourage fans to come back to Ewood.

It really puts into perspective the averages of our near neighbours and wannabee premiership members once and for all.

PNE 12058

Blackpool 8568

Good effort Rovers

Archived