BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Top 50 Attendances At Ewood Park

cletus

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be a nice end of season send off if we could breach the 27000 mark again.

Hope Rovers can use a last minute selling advertisement to boost our attendance for the last home game of what is becoming a half decent season.

A semi final appearance (again)

top 12 finish in the Premiership

Double over the retards from dingleland

What more can any Rovers fan want ?

That would be a nice end of season send off if we could breach the 27000 mark again.

Hope Rovers can use a last minute selling advertisement to boost our attendance for the last home game of what is becoming a half decent season.

A semi final appearance (again)

top 12 finish in the Premiership

Double over the retards from dingleland

What more can any Rovers fan want ?

Look at the Everton preview topic. Unless we unleash Barca style football, some of our fans will never be happy. Decent results, safety in the league and a cup run isnt good enough if it is played Sam's way apparently. Spoilt fans who take our league position for granted think that flowery football is all that matters.

Well done to Rovers. Credit to the game. Proud to see our club so well run. The fans have always come first.

Well the targets for Sam were their for all to see.

Stay up & try and finish around 13th (budgetted for) - He has managed that! :tu:

The main demand from the fans was simple - DONT LOSE to the dingles - we doubled them! :tu:

He also doubled his old team - Bolton, Threw in a Semi Final, and potentially a higher finished than planned for :tu:

Look at the Everton preview topic. Unless we unleash Barca style football, some of our fans will never be happy. Decent results, safety in the league and a cup run isnt good enough if it is played Sam's way apparently. Spoilt fans who take our league position for granted think that flowery football is all that matters.

Well done to Rovers. Credit to the game. Proud to see our club so well run. The fans have always come first.

Try reading it again. Most where saying we don't expect barca style but a bit of a mix. Why do so many on here deal in black and white??? Shades of grey are plentiful in life, just not on here.

If I saw every team in and around us playing the way we do I would concede its the only way, they don't, so it isn't.

Pretty sure it was a Sunday game, not that it matters like.

I think I was there, or was it Pompey I'm thinking of...? Last home game of the season before 'that night at Deepdale'

3-1 with Rovers looking like heading for a draw until Dunny charged through the box and smashed one in at the Blackburn End. Exhilerating stuff! 9 years ago, my goodness... :o

500 seats left on Thursday, lets assume 300 were left unsold.

Corporate hospitality was sold out an all, so to be almost a 1000 down on our record gate seems bizzare.

I was at the United match and I could not see many empty seats..Is Rovers fiddling the attendance figures for a reason??.. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Even the United fans on the train I was on said how full Ewood looked and was much fuller than the last time they came..It's very strange.. :wacko:

I think I was there, or was it Pompey I'm thinking of...? Last home game of the season before 'that night at Deepdale'

3-1 with Rovers looking like heading for a draw until Dunny charged through the box and smashed one in at the Blackburn End. Exhilerating stuff! 9 years ago, my goodness... :o

The 3-1 was Pompey, 1-0 down for ages till an og got things rolling I think. Huddersfield was the home game before, fiver or tenner to get in I forget, only time I've been sat in the Darwen End.

• 2 weeks later...

the important figure I think is the HOME average support ... the overall figure could have been higher if we'd allowed more away fans in (Everton, Burnley, Sunderland to name a few) and a good end to the season should ensure a feel good factor going into the summer. If we can hold the season ticket numbers to 19000 I think that will be a good effort :rover:

Next season should also see an increased attendance in the Pompey slot as the newbies should sell thier allocation.

Newcastle would sell 4800 if we gave them it too! (like we did with Everton)

Hopefully Blackpool come up, giving us another Derby too.

From memory that final average gate sits very well with past averages. Has anyone got a table for average gates?

ROVERS SEASON`S AVERAGE ATTENDANCES SINCE START OF PREMIER LEAGUE....(not sure how totally accurate this is)

92-93.....16,247

93-94.....17,319

94-95.....25,653

95-96.....27,552

96-97.....24,947

97-98.....25,253

98-99.....25,764

99-00.....19,253 (div 1)

00-01.....20,740 (div 1)

01-02.....25,976

02-03.....26,226

03-04.....24,376

04-05.....22,315

05-06.....21,015

06-07.....21,275

07-08.....23,944

08-09.....23,479

09-10.....25,428

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a look on Wikipedia (not the most reliable source I know!) at the 1994/95 season and was interested to see the attendances for clubs in that season.

Sure the bigger teams could probably have packed more in had their grounds been bigger, but I think it underlines just how good our attendances are at the moment. Fair play to Wolves as well I must say, quietly taking their place in the top 10, even as a lower league club.

Our amazing support to town population ratio would have been ever more ahead of the rest then than it is now.

Rank Team Average attendance League division

1 Manchester United 43,682 Premier League

2 Arsenal 35,505 Premier League

3 Newcastle United 34,690 Premier League

4 Liverpool 34,176 Premier League

5 Leeds United 32,925 Premier League

6 Everton 31,294 Premier League

7 Aston Villa 29,280 Premier League

8 Tottenham Hotspur 27,259 Premier League

9 Sheffield Wednesday 26,572 Premier League

10 Wolverhampton Wanderers 25,940 Endsleigh League Division One

Fantastic final average attendance for Rovers this season.

Couldn't help noticing Big Club were approximately 200 behind us.

Blackburn population 105k - average attendance 25428

Birmingham population 1m (albeit for 3 clubs) - average attendance 25246

Well done JW & Co for the great offers and more than realistic pricing. :brfc:

Got to second that CLB. Looking at the whole picture, its a quality set up at the club with a vast amount of improvements off the field compared to previous years.

BRFC is most certainly a club on its uppers.

Do you want to edit that-doesn't "on its uppers" have a negative connotation?

I'm not one to fixate on attendances like fans of most clubs seem to, but I think it is a remarkable achievement that our average attendance this season was very nearly as high as our average attendance the season we won the league.

Also, I've heard fans of other clubs on many occasions say we don't deserve to be in the Prem because of our attendances. 13th highest Premier League attendance this season, and only two clubs in the lower leagues got better. Hope it continues- or even improves.

Fantastic final average attendance for Rovers this season.

Couldn't help noticing Big Club were approximately 200 behind us.

Blackburn population 105k - average attendance 25428

Birmingham population 1m (albeit for 3 clubs) - average attendance 25246

Well done JW & Co for the great offers and more than realistic pricing. :brfc:

It's actually better than that. Birmingham has only two clubs, West Brom being in Sandwell Borough, which has another 283K population.

The biggest crowd I have ever been in at Ewood was vs Fulham (may 02)30,487. Outside Ewood the biggest crowd I have watched Rovers in was strangely, considering the cup finals, Charity Shields, semis and so on, the League game at Old Trafford, 2006-07 when 76,098 were on. I think this is still the premier leagues highest ever attendance too.

29294_436579990897_594900897_5545721_6907356_n.jpg

We lost 4-1 after Derbs had put us in front.

League game at Old Trafford, 2006-07 when 76,098 were on. I think this is still the premier leagues highest ever attendance too.

Taken from Wiki

record continued to be pushed upwards before reaching its peak on 31 March 2007, when 76,098 spectators saw United beat Blackburn Rovers 4–1, meaning that just 114 seats (0.15% of the total capacity of 76,212) were unoccupied

Archived