BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salgado

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Sam obviously wants to meet the player and asses them in first person.

Some good uns may slip through the gaps but the signing of many duffers will be avoided by this, although people will only focus on the negative sude as is the current trend on here.

Sam obviously wants to meet the player and asses them in first person.

Some good uns may slip through the gaps but the signing of many duffers will be avoided by this, although people will only focus on the negative sude as is the current trend on here.

So if Messi came for a "test" and was available for a season long loan, we could miss out because Sam doesn't get along with Argies?

What about their footballing abilities, does that not matter now?

• Backroom
So if Messi came for a "test" and was available for a season long loan, we could miss out because Sam doesn't get along with Argies?

What about their footballing abilities, does that not matter now?

Messi wouldn't have to come for a test would he? Some bloke he's only seen on youtube and a few video's would, surely there's an obvious difference or would people rather we had the likes of Castillo and Maradonna's son in our squad now?

Goalkeepers

Casillas, Dudek

Defenders

Pepe, Marcelo, Albiol, Garay, Arbeloa and Drenthe

Midfielders

Lass, Robben, Guti, Gago, Granero, Diarra and Xabi Alonso

Forwards

Raul, Kaka, Benzema, Higuain, Van Nistelrooy and Cristiano Ronaldo

I guess Salgado is just watching unless it's Real Madrid vs Salgado.

Wow! that's some team Salgado's up against. :lol:

Of course Mrs Salgado is a bit "hard" looking. He knew he had to pick a woman with a uterus lined with steel to be able to stand a blast from mini-Michel. Infact I heard he used to get Amo to test drive all prospective future conquests to ensure they could handle it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh deary me! There's been some good 'uns on this thread up to now, but that's the best so far.

Sam has come out today and said that transfer business will be complete once Chimbonda signs, so no left back or central midfielder if Sam is to be believed.

Has the signing of Salgado in a way wasted the potential we had to rebuild and invest our midfield? Our wage budget was already stretched when we brought in Salgado, Sam had to fight to bring the player in if reports are to be believed. If we sell Warnock then his wages will probably have been taken by Salgado and Chimbonda and thats why we aren't bringing anyone else in.

If Sam plays Salgado in midfield and it doesn't work out then what are we going to do? we have three or four players who can play at right back if Chimbonda signs as well.

Salgado may have a great pedigree and was once regarded as one of the best right backs in the world but he is 33 years old.

If Chimbonda comes in for Warnock and thats it, have we made a mistake bringing in Salgado? Is he taking up the wages that could have been used with the money from the Warnock sale to bring in a proper natural central midfielder?

I'm a Spanish Rovers supporter - and I'm sorry for not joining the enthusiasm, but I think you're going to be really disappointed with Salgado.

He doesn't have the legs he used to have. And has never had brain. He loses position easily and that's a nightmare for the centre backs. But you can expect a lot of commitment though.

:lol: after last night this maybe true :huh:

Blackburn Rovers boss Sam Allardyce has told chairman John Williams to sign Spanish legend Michel Salgado - as he wins a battle for more cash.

Allardyce is laying down the law over the capture of the former Real Madrid skipper who came for talks and went without agreeing a contract because of an internal squabble over finance at Ewood Park.

And Rovers chief Allardyce let his money men know his heart is set on Salgado as he said: "Michel can be a Fernando Hierro type of player for us and bring up the standards in the dressing room.

"I met him and it didn't take him long to say 'yes,' it was two hours into a three-hour meeting, it was music to my ears. I could see his enthusiasm.

"One of my strengths is my judgement of character and I know he is just what we need. I want Michel not just as a player but as a person.

"He has got the potential of playing in one or two positions. I took Hierro as a centre half but he was too slow, but what a midfield player he turned out to be.

"Michel has had 24 days of training at Real Madrid and played a game and a half for them. Now it's about getting him here. I don't care what position we are talking about - just sign him."

Allardyce has had to push his board to get this deal through and he hopes it is complete over the weekend. He is also adamant that Stephen Warnock will not be sold to Aston Villa to pay for it.

He said: "I don't know what their interest is all about - there is no bid that we would describe as acceptable. Sacrifice him? Not really."

Allardyce hopes that landing Salgado would be his last business of the summer. He has brought in a handful of younger and less experienced players and thinks he would make up for that all by himself.

:lol: if this guy has had 24 days trianing why is he not fit to play ;)

Have you had a bang on the head or something waggy? You've completely lost the plot. Give it a rest and leave us in peace until Sam is no longer our manager. That will hopefully be a long time if he does a good job. The downside of which though is that I guess we won't have a drink in the Fox.

Why don't you give it a go, get a season ticket and get back down to Ewood? I'll buy you a couple of pints how's about that? That's 4% of the price of a ST in the Darwen End!

Match practice? Adjust to premier league pace?

:rolleyes: FFS is it that difficult to understand?

And its training, not trianing! :lol:

-_- ah sams little soldier,you said he was fit and ready to play right away ;)

Have you had a bang on the head or something waggy? You've completely lost the plot. Give it a rest and leave us in peace until Sam is no longer our manager. That will hopefully be a long time if he does a good job. The downside of which though is that I guess we won't have a drink in the Fox.

Why don't you give it a go, get a season ticket and get back down to Ewood? I'll buy you a couple of pints how's about that? That's 4% of the price of a ST in the Darwen End!

;) do miss our little drinks bob,but if i'm so annoying you know what to do

Archived