BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salgado

Match practice? Adjust to premier league pace?

:rolleyes: FFS is it that difficult to understand?

And its training, not trianing! :lol:

Hughesy ..I am in the happy position of NOT seeing anything the W....y person writes....that is until someone quotes him!

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I think Salgado was signed for more than his ability on the pitch.

A leader and looks like he enjoys good banter too. He will no doubt raise the standards of those in the team, knowing they could quite easily be replaced by a sub.

He is still a couple of games off prem pace though...

A leader and looks like he enjoys good banter too. He will no doubt raise the standards of those in the team, knowing they could quite easily be replaced by a sub.

We pay him tens of thousands of pounds a week for his good banter? Sounds like good work to me! where do I sign up?

:lol: hughsey you can put a plus to anything lardarse does,salgaldo is a waste off money ;)

:lol: hughsey you can put a plus to anything lardarse does,salgaldo is a waste off money ;)

Salgado is a waste OF (OF! How old are you?) money based on five minutes for the first-team. I'd rather wait awhile before prejudging Sam's decision, but that's now how you work is it? :rolleyes:

Salgado is a waste OF (OF! How old are you?) money based on five minutes for the first-team. I'd rather wait awhile before prejudging Sam's decision, but that's now how you work is it? :rolleyes:

:lol: listen if you are going to waste 40k a week on a player he must be fit and ready to play in our games ;)

I'm guessing by the tone, that you are asking where he gets his figures from? I would ask that too because I have never read any reports where Salgado's wages have been above 30k a week.

Correct mate. If the average fan knew, what exactly we paying the players then il be amazed. Fact is we dont, and i think(i speak under correction) but JW said that the figures that are being quoted by various sectors are not right. Apologies to JW if he didnt say that.

Did anyone else enjoy him being put in his place? He must have thought he was the big 'I am' when he came on after a decade at Real Madrid, only for the Blackburn End to question if he was Tugay in disguise. Gold.

I think you have completely misread that one. By all accounts he was delighted by the welcome and reaction.

Tugay is a God in many places besides Blackburn- very few players achieve the iconic status he did and play as consistently well to achieve 94 caps for a nation in the world's top 20 (reaching number 5 when Toogs was at his peak) as Tugay has.

Jacobsen has been solid - better than I expected in truth. I still think that Salgado should be first choice right back - despite feeling sorry for Jacobsen. Salgado's little cameo on Sat showed technical ability and vision of a quality player.

Age shouldn't really be an issue - Cafu was still quality at 72.

On the plus side we now have 2 very dependable right backs at the club last year compared to fill-ins like Reid, Ooijer, Simpson, Zurab etc

I cannot recall a year where our marque signings were considered unfit for duty a month into the season. RSC, Benni both hit the ground running, so why we must accept that a bloke who cost 6 million and one who spent 10 years at Real Madrid need mollycoddling is beyond me.

In my humble opinion it seems that 6 million bloke is a bit of a waif that needs some strength added and Salgado is getting on a bit, takes some time to get an old engine turning over.

Santa and Benni were both strong and youngish when they came here.

Archived