BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salgado

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trust me, Salgado will be one of the signings of the season. Give him time, because you dont become a bad player overnight and with his experience he will find his way.

Salgado will do fine. He is a committed professional. He will do what he needs to do to perform well for us. Give him time.

NO and NO.

I can't see him doing anything for us on the pitch at all. Jacobsen is 10 times the player at right back.

A big name from the biggest club in the world does not equate to a solid signing in our league. Each and every one of the 19 other PL managers will have seen Salgado's performance on Sunday and will see his second failure tonight against pace. He's finished at this level ... unless you believe in miracles. He looked shot against Bolton's reserves a week ago, it really isn't going to get any better.

Further up the pitch there are sometimes fairytales for veterans. Not at full back.

Forget him.

I can't see him doing anything for us on the pitch at all. Jacobsen is 10 times the player at right back.

I've not yet seen much in Salgado thats for sure and the old adage you are as good as your last game still stands but if Jacobsen is 10x better how come Real Madrid did not manage to snatch him from Everton stiffs Tris?

I'm really sorry again - but I told you. I could not join the enthusiasm. Salgado never had the pace to play in Spain so of course he has no pace to play in the Premiership. And his decision making is questionable at best. Expect him to concede a lot of dangerous free kicks. And no, he's not going to improve.

I think he means Salgado is JAL's new focus for venting his spleen.

Was really excited at the Salgado signing, but after just three games the Bolton reserve match, Everton away and now lower league Forest, theres not been one positive for Salgado and he showed to be a liability. Can things improve for Salgado, it simply has to and pretty quickly otherwise he'll be dead and buried with Rovers picking up his tab every week for the next TWO years.

I haven't seen him play yet but my spanish friend in Valencia sent me a txt when we signed him which was along the lines of 'what the hell are you doing? Salgado is so so bad'. Then last week he sent me another txt saying 'Have you seen how bad he is yet? one of the worst defenders in la liga last season when he played'

And this guy is a spanish journalist so i trust his judgement.

Il wait a few weeks though. You never know, he might have always wanted to prove himself in this league and might be working hard to get to the right level.

150 minutes of 1st team football in the last 2 games - il wait before I pass judgement on him. Nothing like giving a player a chance eh!

To be fair he is right up against it. He seems not just too slow, but also too small to play full back. If he is going to make it for us he will need to fit in somewhere else in the team.

The main isssue is it is not really that obvious where that is.

How many of the people slating him for last night actually went or saw the game? He played fine, not brilliant, but certainly not bad, and he was not a liability.

Got a good ovation when he went off, nothing to worry about in how he played last night.

How many of the people slating him for last night actually went or saw the game? He played fine, not brilliant, but certainly not bad, and he was not a liability.

Got a good ovation when he went off, nothing to worry about in how he played last night.

Fair enough. But he was absolutely atrocios against Everton. I hope he improves, but it is really hard to see how he is going to cope with a premier league winger with any pace. If he is identified as weak they will go right after him.

That said he deserves four or five games to get up to speed. But we shouldn't put him in the defence while he is doing that. Maybe schedule some extra reserve friendlies or something?

I disagree, Tyson ripped him apart on our right flank, he couldn't cope with his pace and as a result he got booked. We were lucky that Forest for some bizarre reason stopped using their left flank as the focus of their attacks.

There are quicker players than Tyson in this league that will be licking their lips at the prospect of facing Salgado.

I disagree, Tyson ripped him apart on our right flank, he couldn't cope with his pace and as a result he got booked. We were lucky that Forest for some bizarre reason stopped using their left flank as the focus of their attacks.

There are quicker players than Tyson in this league that will be licking their lips at the prospect of facing Salgado.

:lol: yes and a couple play for villa,if saldalgo and roberts are in the team saturday everyone might as well watch it in the bar,beer eases the pain no end ;)

Archived